Anyone play video games here?

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
perplex

Re: Anyone play video games here?

Post by perplex » Fri Jun 10, 2011 4:10 pm

H20nly wrote: Red Dead Redemption
red dead redemption was just so awesome to me.

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Fri Jun 10, 2011 4:17 pm

^ it's mind blowing.

my kid is totally entertained by just watching me play it. i worry though because you never know what those fuckers in the game are going to say.

case and point: the grave robbing freak (Seth i think) that talks some freaky shit when he gets around a freshly unearthed corpse.

since then, i've played online 8O not something i do much, but its pretty damn 8)

perplex

Post by perplex » Fri Jun 10, 2011 4:20 pm

H20nly wrote:^ it's mind blowing.

my kid is totally entertained by just watching me play it. i worry though because you never know what those fuckers in the game are going to say.

case and point: the grave robbing freak (Seth i think) that talks some freaky shit when he gets around a freshly unearthed corpse.

since then, i've played online 8O not something i do much, but its pretty damn 8)
lol yup Seth is one filthy son of a b*tch. best not let your little one hear what he has to ssay

rbmonosylabik

Post by rbmonosylabik » Fri Jun 10, 2011 5:15 pm

I've been glued to E3 coverage, and have to say I'm pretty excited for Bioshock Infinite. The first one is one of my favorite 360 games along with Dead Space, but I think I'm burnt by so many sequels that are more of the same (Assassin's Creed, I'm looking at you). I think scraping Rapture and the formula for a new world might bring back that feeling of surprise and ambience they achieved in Bioshock, so that's the game I can't wait for to come out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HANw9DJu6h8

MBP 2.3 GHz i5, Live 9.6.1, Push, MPD32, Rane SL2

Mint Invader

Post by Mint Invader » Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:00 pm

rbmonosylabik wrote:I've been glued to E3 coverage, and have to say I'm pretty excited for Bioshock Infinite. The first one is one of my favorite 360 games along with Dead Space, but I think I'm burnt by so many sequels that are more of the same (Assassin's Creed, I'm looking at you). I think scraping Rapture and the formula for a new world might bring back that feeling of surprise and ambience they achieved in Bioshock, so that's the game I can't wait for to come out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HANw9DJu6h8
I peeked at E3 to check out Skyrim and Battlefield 3 and Batman... yup... thats about it.
Because Whatever.

AceLuby

Post by AceLuby » Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:21 pm

I've been re-playing final fantasy 7 on my PSP lately. Logged 75 hrs so far... mostly from 'bathroom breaks' at work.

Probably won't buy a game until skyrim and dark souls comes out later this year.
levimoniz wrote:yes i'm a hypocrite and not intelligent

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:41 pm

scutheotaku wrote:
H20nly wrote:
scutheotaku wrote:RPGs like Baldur's Gate I & II, KOTR, Jade Empire, Planescape Torment, Dungeon Siege, the Diablo series, and Neverwinter Nights),
8O blast from the past... i loved Baldur's Gate I & II... Icewind Dale was great too.
Yeah, all great games. I never really got far in BGII, but I definitely plan on beating someday...though I'm afraid it won't have aged well...
yeah i doubt it. i think the highest resolution on it is 1024 x 768. i'd love to play it again, but i'm afraid that it will ruin my fond memories too.. new games are just too sweet.

AceLuby

Post by AceLuby » Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:44 pm

scutheotaku wrote:
AceLuby wrote:I've been re-playing final fantasy 7 on my PSP lately. Logged 75 hrs so far... mostly from 'bathroom breaks' at work.

Probably won't buy a game until skyrim and dark souls comes out later this year.
Wow, I haven't played FF7 in forever...great game, the last truly great FF. FF8 was pretty good, FF9 was lacking, and FF10 was... X-2 was a little better, and then XII was good until I realized that I was 30 hours in an nothing had actually happened yet...

WHY'D HE HAVE TO KILL AERITH???!!?!?!!
FF9 is next on the list for me... I really enjoyed that one, but only played through it a single time, so I'm excited to get back to the old school classes of FF1-3. Playing FF wherever I want and being able to basically 'pause' at any time w/ the psp has made it a very enjoyable experience.

AceLuby

Post by AceLuby » Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:52 pm

scutheotaku wrote: Well, to be honest I mainly didn't like FF9 because of the art style...I don't know why, it just kinda got to me, especially after the comparatively-realistic look of 7 and 9. And I love anime, so it doesn't really make sense :?:
Pretty much the same reason I didn't like 8, well that and the STUPID junction system. God, I hated that. I also loved X (beat it 3 or 4 times), but hated X-2 and 12 was the most boring game I've played in a while. Gave it two different gos and both times I felt like I was a spectator.

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:00 pm

scutheotaku wrote:Yep, not as good as I remembered-

I can only imagine the cutscenes...[imagines the Diablo cutscenes] 8O

:D watch out for that 3rd guy from the top. he's awesome, but he's forced to betray you later.

i loved that game. it took me a year to beat the first one. :oops: it was my first big PC game and my first D&D rule set game. i lost the manual and got most of the way through the game without understanding the ratings on the weapons fully... good times.

AceLuby

Post by AceLuby » Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:27 pm

scutheotaku wrote:
AceLuby wrote:
scutheotaku wrote: Well, to be honest I mainly didn't like FF9 because of the art style...I don't know why, it just kinda got to me, especially after the comparatively-realistic look of 7 and 9. And I love anime, so it doesn't really make sense :?:
Pretty much the same reason I didn't like 8, well that and the STUPID junction system. God, I hated that. I also loved X (beat it 3 or 4 times), but hated X-2 and 12 was the most boring game I've played in a while. Gave it two different gos and both times I felt like I was a spectator.
Yeah, 12 was lacking...the battle system was fun, at least once you got to actually use the whole system 15-20 hours in...before then it was boring. X was fun-ish, though the cutscenes were too long imho, and I only played X-2 at a friend's and thought it was fun, but I don't have a real opinion of it.
I loved the water polo like game in X. I spent probably 20-30 hours just playing that side game. The story in X was whack though.

Jagang

Post by Jagang » Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:08 pm

I've always hart'd video games, I started as so many when Nintendo dropped... I actually had the system with R.O.B. :lol: That shit was stoopid!

Anyway, I go through periods alternating between reading, making music, and playing games. Lately I have been on a huge game kick, I haven't opened Live in about 10 months 8O I gots me a 360 and a <snicker>Wii but I mostly play the 360. I like it's controller the best (the reason I chose the 360 over the PS3, I have always hated the PS controllers). Prior to the last year of gaming I was heavy into my music, I had a bit of catching up to do...

Fav game for this generation would be a toss up between Fallout 3 and GTA4, I've easily logged 200 hours in each. Following very closely behind would be the Mass Effect games, I've played both through twice, and plan another right before 3 drops. Was kinda meh about Red Dead Redemption, it was alright I guess, I preferred Gun on the Gamecube for that style of game <shrugs>. Currently I am on playthrough 2 of Borderlands, pretty fun game. Next I'll pick up Bioshock 1&2 and FO:New Vegas. Mario Galaxy was fun, not too much arm waggling, which is my biggest beef with the Wii... for some games it works but I really prefer kicking back in my recliner and zoning out, I get enough exercise during the day :wink:

I will pick up a 3DS when MarioKart comes out, or the Super Mario game, I have loved a majority of the Mario games with SMB3 or Super Mario Sunshine being my fav. Hopefully the Wii U doesn't suck too bad, I am not sure about that controller but I will reserve judgement until it drops. I may pick up a PS3 and a 3rd party controller in the style of the 360's controller, some of those exclusives look sweet...

One day I will want to make tunes again, until then I'll happily blast baddies in the head :)

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:15 pm

FF12 pissed me off. I loved all the previous FF games, but by the time you could actually DO anything in that game I didn't even want to any more.

Probably my favorite games lately have been Mass Effect 2 and Dead Space 2, both of which I replayed numerous times they were so fun. Dragon Age Origins was also a lot of fun, looking forward to the new one.

Fallout 3 was cool too, but I never really had the urge to try and do it again.

v00d00ppl

Post by v00d00ppl » Sun Jun 12, 2011 3:12 pm

Oh my XBL gamertag is v00d00ppl if anyone wants to play me in MVC3 or super street fighter IV arecade edition
SSL X Desk / Apollo Twin Solo / Sherman Restyler / Ensoniq EPS Classic / Analog Keys / Handsome Audio Zulu

stringtapper

Post by stringtapper » Sun Jun 12, 2011 3:28 pm

Am I the only one around here chomping at the bit for Deus Ex: Human Revolution?
Unsound Designer