Anyone play video games here?

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
Theo Void

Re: Anyone play video games here?

Post by Theo Void » Sat Nov 26, 2011 1:29 am

I play Urban Terror. Thats all

wildcon

Post by wildcon » Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:49 pm

50 year old PC/Mac gamer here :)

Not played a massive amount.

Loved all of the Half Life games, and Unreal.

My major frustration is the lack of 'Quicksave' function in games. Seems ludicrous not to
have it, and craps the hell out of me to have to re-play whole sections.

Portal2 is my current one. Great game :)

Srated Call of Duty 4 but got p'd off with no quicksave :evil:
MacBook Pro, Mojave, Live 10, Logic Pro X, UAD Apollo & Satellites, UAD, NI Komplete, Izotope, Korg, Audio Damage, Fabfilter, Waves plugs.

supamonsta

Post by supamonsta » Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:32 pm

`wildcon

what "quicksave" are you talking about?

there are checkpoints here and there in every game since years, indeed, sometimes they are not placed that well, but overall that's it. And even sometimes I find myself thinking that I'd like these checkpoints to be more intelligent, to appear less often, because, like in Uncharted for example, you just have to reach this or that place to checkpoint, even if you just die there without having killed the enemies... then you get back to the game... and you realise the game has skipped this fight... :|

The only game (besides really old ones) that is really that pissing off is, in my humble opinion, DEMON SOULS. (and also its new sibling, dark souls) Don't even try to play this game if you find all present games too much unforgiving and "pissing-autosave-less" :lol: here you have to re-play whole LEVELS and re-kill every enemy until you manage to kill the boss, hopefully with all your items (because if you die, you loose the money/souls you earned, and they are needed to upgrade your skills...) If the boss kills you, bye bye boss, back to the beginning. :cry:

+1 for Half Life, this game scared the hell out of me. That was a time I didn't know how to play a FPS with mouse AND keyboard, and I had only a weak laptop, so I didn't finish the game, but that was a really "wow" game when it came out!!

cheers

AceLuby

Post by AceLuby » Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:05 pm

supamonsta wrote:`wildcon

what "quicksave" are you talking about?

there are checkpoints here and there in every game since years, indeed, sometimes they are not placed that well, but overall that's it. And even sometimes I find myself thinking that I'd like these checkpoints to be more intelligent, to appear less often, because, like in Uncharted for example, you just have to reach this or that place to checkpoint, even if you just die there without having killed the enemies... then you get back to the game... and you realise the game has skipped this fight... :|

The only game (besides really old ones) that is really that pissing off is, in my humble opinion, DEMON SOULS. (and also its new sibling, dark souls) Don't even try to play this game if you find all present games too much unforgiving and "pissing-autosave-less" :lol: here you have to re-play whole LEVELS and re-kill every enemy until you manage to kill the boss, hopefully with all your items (because if you die, you loose the money/souls you earned, and they are needed to upgrade your skills...) If the boss kills you, bye bye boss, back to the beginning. :cry:

+1 for Half Life, this game scared the hell out of me. That was a time I didn't know how to play a FPS with mouse AND keyboard, and I had only a weak laptop, so I didn't finish the game, but that was a really "wow" game when it came out!!

cheers
I freaking LOVE the souls series... Haven't been around here because I've put 110 hours into Dark Souls and have just gotten to the point where I have the option to beat it, but am going through and getting the last things I need before moving on to NG+.
levimoniz wrote:yes i'm a hypocrite and not intelligent

OJ KARDASHIAN

Post by OJ KARDASHIAN » Mon Aug 05, 2013 5:08 am

who plays MINECRAFT? raise your hand.
F$&@ You KATO....OJ's favorite Mac shortcut is COMMAND-X (hahaha)

Styles Bitchly

Post by Styles Bitchly » Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:08 pm

The last video game I played was "River Raid" on a Coleco-Vision unit back in '85 It was my crack and I was it's Ho until I began to observe the brains of some of my buddies turn to cottage cheese from excessive exposure to "Zaxxon", "Seawolf", and "Galaga". My cousin lost his home and job while dispensing suitcases full of rolled quarters into the PacMan machine with reckless abandon. No - I stay away from that evil stuff, wrought from the devil himself....or herself, whichever may be applicable given the context. :|

regretfullySaid

Post by regretfullySaid » Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:49 pm

Kinda makes me miss staying up all weekend with homeboy playing final fantasy 1 or 2 on Nintendo 8-bit.

Or River City Ransom, for that matter..
ImageImage

stringtapper

Post by stringtapper » Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:19 pm

GTA V will be the mass murder fantasy generator to end all mass murder fantasy generators.

That is all.

:x
Unsound Designer

OJ KARDASHIAN

Post by OJ KARDASHIAN » Mon Aug 05, 2013 5:05 pm

who plays MINECRAFT? raise your hand.

Mint Invader

Post by Mint Invader » Mon Aug 05, 2013 6:15 pm

Im just waiting for call of doody 7 - dog warriors.
Because Whatever.

OJ KARDASHIAN

Post by OJ KARDASHIAN » Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:06 pm

Styles Bitchly

Post by Styles Bitchly » Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:30 pm

OJ KARDASHIAN wrote:Image
What? No, I don't play friggin Minecraft, k? It's not fun. The graphix hurt my eyes and the draconian play action makes my fucking thumb sore. :x

:mrgreen:

OJ KARDASHIAN

Post by OJ KARDASHIAN » Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:51 pm

Styles Bitchly wrote: What? No, I don't play friggin Minecraft, k? It's not fun. The graphix hurt my eyes and the draconian play action makes my fucking thumb sore. :x

:mrgreen:
I just want to play it because I hear I would be able to throw KNIVES!

OJ KARDASHIAN

Post by OJ KARDASHIAN » Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:52 pm

ok fine.
then what games do any of you recommend where I can CUT people or monsters with knives? i'm really skillful at it.

regretfullySaid

Post by regretfullySaid » Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:30 pm

You guys are adults now, you should be doing all those things in real life at this point.

Until you've been chased up a skyscraper named from the martian version of Trump by Intergalactic Peace Officers for murdering the King of Syneldera's children because their hearts power your spaceship enough to traverse the Wormhole of Zaderall have you truly not lived. How can a 9 to 5 compare to that?
ImageImage