Anyone play video games here?

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
H20nly

Re: Anyone play video games here?

Post by H20nly » Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:01 pm

but not too much...

:wink:

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:32 pm

:lol:

nathannn

Post by nathannn » Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:54 pm

this game gets boring after a while.
walk walk walk walk
run run run
wolves wolves wolves
uncover a new place to get your ass kicked.

i have been playing it more than a normal person would though.
i found out last night that i am 3/4 through the main story.
The Push / Novation Launch Pad / Novation Launch Pad Pro / Novation Launch Key
/ Launch Control XL / Machine MkII / Machine Studio / BeatStep / Livid OhmRGB / Livid Code V2 / Apc 40 MKII

no computers or synths

20 Copies of Ableton Live Lite.

supamonsta

Post by supamonsta » Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:52 pm

Just high settings, not ultra...

(big images)

To be honest, the cow looks like shit even with ultra textures on the PC.
??? I can't see any cow in your screen pics mate... 8O

were you abit drunk?

Another game I'm waiting is max payne 3, here is a blowing video about its body/environment engine and other exciting stuff in a 3rd person shooter with a rockstar games scenario, and, AND MULTIPLAYER!!

(I love that shit)

http://www.screwattack.com/trailers/max ... ng-trailer

look at how fluid and realistic it is when it comes to body impacts and character animations! seems like uncharted will have a serious competitor, both for adventure blockbuster script and shooting pleasure with incl. online multiplayer.... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

ze2be

Post by ze2be » Tue Nov 22, 2011 6:18 am

Bah, I cant find out where to fill that empty lexicon for the elder scrolls quest, down in those huge dwarven caves. Im down through there a second time now.. The bloody thing just isnt where it appears to be on the map.. But wow, its beautifull down there! :)

stringtapper

Post by stringtapper » Tue Nov 22, 2011 3:51 pm

Trying to figure out how I'm going to finish this semester successfully while living my second life in Skyrim.

:x
Unsound Designer

regretfullySaid

Post by regretfullySaid » Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:18 pm

/mental note: this is how online universities should work.
ImageImage

stringtapper

Post by stringtapper » Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:32 pm

An MMO/Online University. Genius. :)
Unsound Designer

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:40 pm

LoopStationZebra wrote:it's like a hipster commie pinko manifesto. Rambling. Angry. Nearly divorced from all reality; yet strangely compelling with a ring of truth.

rbmonosylabik

Post by rbmonosylabik » Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:45 pm

F*&k Skyrim, here's the Game Of The Year

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5zYkBPxX5c

MBP 2.3 GHz i5, Live 9.6.1, Push, MPD32, Rane SL2

ze2be

Post by ze2be » Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:28 pm

beats me

Post by beats me » Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:55 pm

My roommate loaned me Uncharted 3 which he finished in like a single weekend. It truly is like playing a movie but even with it’s fairly linear game play I get frustrated during the parts when you’re just kind of wandering around not sure what you are supposed to be doing. Skyrim is like 200 times that frustration level.

The irony is I probably have more free time and space than most to play these types of open world games but yet I feel like I’m wasting my life away playing a game where wandering around is 80% of the game play and on a massive scale.

supamonsta

Post by supamonsta » Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:27 pm

My roommate loaned me Uncharted 3 which he finished in like a single weekend. It truly is like playing a movie but even with it’s fairly linear game play I get frustrated during the parts when you’re just kind of wandering around not sure what you are supposed to be doing. Skyrim is like 200 times that frustration level.

The irony is I probably have more free time and space than most to play these types of open world games but yet I feel like I’m wasting my life away playing a game where wandering around is 80% of the game play and on a massive scale.
indeed Beats, I feel you

that's why I now stick with more linear games, or multiplayer stuff. Not enough time to "farm" or "level up", and grab all the secret items to unlock the secret super extra stuff... but I'd like to. Wish I am 18 and still all my student free time to explore skyrim or even assassin creed revelations ;)

Uncharted 3 is really too quickly done, agreed, and sadly has not so much long time appeal for the solo adventure to me. Only the multiplayer remains, that I really love, but it's lost something between the 2 and the 3, while it got really improved on some other aspects.

cheers

nathannn

Post by nathannn » Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:49 pm

beats me wrote:My roommate loaned me Uncharted 3 which he finished in like a single weekend. It truly is like playing a movie but even with it’s fairly linear game play I get frustrated during the parts when you’re just kind of wandering around not sure what you are supposed to be doing. Skyrim is like 200 times that frustration level.

you dont have to just roam around, you cant just click on the place you want to go and it will take you there with out the walk, walk, walk, wolves, wolves, walk.
The Push / Novation Launch Pad / Novation Launch Pad Pro / Novation Launch Key
/ Launch Control XL / Machine MkII / Machine Studio / BeatStep / Livid OhmRGB / Livid Code V2 / Apc 40 MKII

no computers or synths

20 Copies of Ableton Live Lite.

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Thu Nov 24, 2011 6:05 am

LoopStationZebra wrote:it's like a hipster commie pinko manifesto. Rambling. Angry. Nearly divorced from all reality; yet strangely compelling with a ring of truth.