Anyone play video games here?

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
dolphie

Re: Anyone play video games here?

Post by dolphie » Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:57 am

i play fall out 3 and witcher the original
on steam

AceLuby

Post by AceLuby » Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:32 pm

Finished FF7 over the weekend... beat both the extra weapons, got two master summon materia, two master magic, three master command, and two gold chocobos. Got up to level 96 and only had ultimate weapons/limit breaks to get, but don't necessarily care about that... gonna shelve it for a while, but wow, what a nostalgic kick.

As for newer games, I saw some gameplay of skyrim and wow... I can't wait for that game. I spent well over 100 hours in oblivion and can't wait to see the improvements, especially for mage builds. Hopefully they'll drop the 'all enemies level with you' BS that plagued oblivion.
levimoniz wrote:yes i'm a hypocrite and not intelligent

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:21 pm

Yeah, oblivion was really fun too.

AceLuby

Post by AceLuby » Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:25 pm

scutheotaku wrote:
AceLuby wrote:Finished FF7 over the weekend... beat both the extra weapons, got two master summon materia, two master magic, three master command, and two gold chocobos. Got up to level 96 and only had ultimate weapons/limit breaks to get, but don't necessarily care about that... gonna shelve it for a while, but wow, what a nostalgic kick.

As for newer games, I saw some gameplay of skyrim and wow... I can't wait for that game. I spent well over 100 hours in oblivion and can't wait to see the improvements, especially for mage builds. Hopefully they'll drop the 'all enemies level with you' BS that plagued oblivion.
Yeah they pretty much fixed the leveling thing with Fallout 3, so it shouldn't be an issue with Skyrim (as one of the devs said in an interview).
I'm getting this day 1 regardless, but this makes me even more excited to get my hands on it.
levimoniz wrote:yes i'm a hypocrite and not intelligent

supamonsta

Post by supamonsta » Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:23 pm

uncharted 2 and crysis 2 here till the death!!!!

edit : waiting some big ones like uncharted 3 (the multiplayer will be dope), the last guardian, rage (ID software new gem!)...

stringtapper

Post by stringtapper » Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:29 am

scutheotaku wrote:How's Crysis 2? Do you have it for the PS3? Some PC people were disappointed in Crysis 2 compared to Crysis 1 and Crysis Warhead, but I haven't heard any real commentary on it for consoles.
I have it on 360. It's very good. Probably the best looking game on a console to date. I enjoyed it because it lets you take a stealthy approach if you so choose and that's my style. I'm a big Splinter Cell fan.
Unsound Designer

supamonsta

Post by supamonsta » Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:39 pm

Crysis 2 :

I can't compare to anything but other ps3 games, cause I didn't play crysis 1 nor crysis 2 on pc or 360,

but speaking only about ps3, crysis 2 is really enjoyable for its gameplay (open areas with approach style freedom), really close to modernwarfare2 for the light and speed feel (as opposed to the heavier killzone style), but really moar open (you can climb on everything and jump from the highs, use stealth mode, swim beneath the surface of water while watching up...)

graphically it is really good too, but on ps3 doesn't match the awesomeness of killzone 3 or even 2 IMHO for the textures/smokes/effects side, and I don't really like the global design, but the gameplay is awesome and the online multiplayer mode rocks too ;)

the only problem I have is a weak internet connexion that makes the multiplayer often frustrating, ennemies blinking and moving like rigid shapes appearing here and there... (and this is not a stealth "cloak mode" related problem)

someone here like me addict to the uncharted 2 online deathmatches?? I'm also addict to the general uncharted games, the solo games are also incredible for its adventure/TPS (wow!!)/movie/character based style...

aizo

Post by aizo » Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:35 pm

I'm a super metal gear fan!

Can't wait for the new HD versions!!!!!
ImageImage

rbmonosylabik

Post by rbmonosylabik » Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:30 am

http://www.teamfortress.com/

Team Fortress 2 is Free to Play now. I'm having too much fun with this.

MBP 2.3 GHz i5, Live 9.6.1, Push, MPD32, Rane SL2

aizo

Post by aizo » Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:07 pm

rbmonosylabik wrote:http://www.teamfortress.com/

Love TF 2!!!!! especially the demoman or the engineer
ImageImage

rbmonosylabik

Post by rbmonosylabik » Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:30 pm

aizo wrote:
rbmonosylabik wrote:http://www.teamfortress.com/

Love TF 2!!!!! especially the demoman or the engineer
I've been learning how to play the Spy and it's awesome. Often my issue with online FPSs is that you often die and have no idea how or why. With the Spy, if you die, it's usually your own fault.

MBP 2.3 GHz i5, Live 9.6.1, Push, MPD32, Rane SL2

stringtapper

Post by stringtapper » Wed Aug 24, 2011 5:57 pm

Deus Ex: Human Revolution

If anyone here was a fan of the original Deus Ex do yourself a favor and get this game now.
Unsound Designer

continuous

Post by continuous » Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:49 pm

Black Ops - Multiplayer

TOTALLY ADDICTED

Mint Invader

Post by Mint Invader » Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:54 pm

Got back into tf2 recently. Im terrible (Trackpad) but I love it anyway. Ill look up my ID when Im home.
Because Whatever.

pulsoc

Post by pulsoc » Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:08 pm

rbmonosylabik wrote:I made the mistake of buying Trials HD for Xbox. Now I've developed an addiction to that thing.

I've caught myself sounding like this at times:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJTmV0qyz-0
That's hilarious :lol: