Final Cut Pro X

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
Rave

Final Cut Pro X

Post by Rave » Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:50 pm

Downloading :mrgreen:

beats me

Re: Final Cut Pro X

Post by beats me » Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:03 pm

Nice. And only $299. :mrgreen:

rbmonosylabik

Post by rbmonosylabik » Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:23 pm

Read a bit of the press release earlier and got a flashback of when they redesigned iMovie, making it a clusterfuck. I'm really curious to see how the new FCP turns out.

MBP 2.3 GHz i5, Live 9.6.1, Push, MPD32, Rane SL2

aizo

Post by aizo » Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:04 pm

rbmonosylabik wrote:Read a bit of the press release earlier and got a flashback of when they redesigned iMovie, making it a clusterfuck. I'm really curious to see how the new FCP turns out.
apparently from some people like imovie (a clusterfuck)
ImageImage

Rave

Post by Rave » Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:18 pm

I like it.

I guess if you are a pro and have been using the previous version there may be some gaps but apparently they will be filled shortly when Lion is out.

Either way , I say money well spent and it suits a pro sumer like me.

rbmonosylabik

Post by rbmonosylabik » Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:07 pm

aizo wrote:
rbmonosylabik wrote:Read a bit of the press release earlier and got a flashback of when they redesigned iMovie, making it a clusterfuck. I'm really curious to see how the new FCP turns out.
apparently from some people like imovie (a clusterfuck)
Just IMO. I can see what they were aiming for with the redesign, but in the process they removed a ton of features (which they seem to be adding back lately) and made some common video editor tasks like synchronizing audio with video a nightmare.

MBP 2.3 GHz i5, Live 9.6.1, Push, MPD32, Rane SL2

beats me

Post by beats me » Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:19 am

And MacProVideo.com already has tutorials out for FCP X. :mrgreen:

Love those guys.

Rave

Post by Rave » Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:27 am

8)

I picked up motion too. Tis fab. Lots of fun to be had.

The Landwhale

Post by The Landwhale » Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:09 pm

Rave wrote:8)

I picked up motion too. Tis fab. Lots of fun to be had.
Motion looks nice. Can you import .svg files or any kind of vector format?

stonee

Post by stonee » Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:15 pm

read the reviews of FCP X.

wow. just... :roll:

what were they thinking? no backwards compatability? no collarberation? they fucked up file organization even more than it already was, apparently they wrecked the color correction, no more photoshop layer support(this one is HUGE for me) audio tracks are no longer assignable and it will not talk to other apple programs anymore.

for a "pro" program, these are some pretty big failures.

besides some keyframing, it doesn't seem like there's much left that imovie cant do.

beats me

Post by beats me » Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:17 pm

stonee wrote:read the reviews of FCP X.

wow. just... :roll:

what were they thinking? no backwards compatability? no collarberation? they fucked up file organization even more than it already was, apparently they wrecked the color correction, no more photoshop layer support(this one is HUGE for me) audio tracks are no longer assignable and it will not talk to other apple programs anymore.

for a "pro" program, these are some pretty big failures.

besides some keyframing, it doesn't seem like there's much left that imovie cant do.

I don’t do any video work but was reading about the complaints last night and it does sound like a lot of long time and pro users are getting fucked, but Apple will probably fix some of these things with updates. I highly doubt that some of these issues would be shocking to the developers. Apple is notorious for screwing customers with premature hardware changes but this is the first time I’ve heard of them doing that with software. It will probably makes sense eventually but that could take a year or more.

stonee

Post by stonee » Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:31 pm

^ still tho, you've just spend 300$ on something you wont be able to use for an unknown amount of time.

its also really dissapointing, because it doesn't seem like the consulted the professional community at all, and final cut pro was going in such a great direction. they were poised to completely devastate avid on this release, but instead, they released a version for the hell of it, for a blatent cash grab with no regard for the actual needs of the community.

at the very least the should 'fess up and admit that this is just the base of whats to come, and tell us what they're bringing back, and a rough idea when. then people like me who rely on the software for a living might have enough faith to make the initial investment.

stringtapper

Post by stringtapper » Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:47 pm

I don't use FCP so it doesn't affect me directly, but it has got me worried about what Logic X is going to look like. I use Logic for scoring and I REALLY don't want it to become "Garage Band Pro" 8O :x
Unsound Designer

Rave

Post by Rave » Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:01 pm

I can understand if the pros are fooked off but for a new comer this is the business for such a comparatively low price. I couldnt do this shit before with iMovie but now I can and coupled with motion 5 I have a shed load of fx that I can customize. Motion 5 is the equivalent to max for live and it is priced appropriately. Ableton should take note.

If it were Ableton Live though it would be a different story. But then again I wouldn't have bought it so no complaints.

In time the pros will adopt it after the next update.
@stonee, I agree they should give a roadmap. I reckon they will address the major complaints after reviewing what the pros say.

@The Landwhale - I will try to find out for you. 8)
Last edited by Rave on Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rave

Post by Rave » Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:07 pm

stonee wrote:^ still tho, you've just spend 300$ on something you wont be able to use for an unknown amount of time.

its also really dissapointing, because it doesn't seem like the consulted the professional community at all, and final cut pro was going in such a great direction. they were poised to completely devastate avid on this release, but instead, they released a version for the hell of it, for a blatent cash grab with no regard for the actual needs of the community.

at the very least the should 'fess up and admit that this is just the base of whats to come, and tell us what they're bringing back, and a rough idea when. then people like me who rely on the software for a living might have enough faith to make the initial investment.
I believe they did say that this would be like a version 1.0 release. Admittedly they didn't telegraph it