Google Plus!

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
ze2be

Re: Google Plus!

Post by ze2be » Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:03 pm

It would certainly be a transition period. But we do know internet habits can change very fast with new technology.
I have two accounts on Facebook. One for the fans and followers of my music, and one for my friends. Both are driving me nuts with all the adding spam and un interesting news feeds. I have no real control over my fan facebook inbox or news wall, simply because of the time it acquires to keep clean and tidy.

Im ready to move over, at least for a test drive period, right now!

nathannn

Post by nathannn » Sun Jul 03, 2011 3:37 am

sporkles wrote:Sheesh... All this work just to make the web more like real life... I don't see anybody working on what we really need: the opposite! Make real life more like the web! Whenever someone bores or bothers me in real life, I'd like to click "report spam", and never have to see the person again.
this would be good except it would need to know when i am in one of my moods and just say everything is spam.
The Push / Novation Launch Pad / Novation Launch Pad Pro / Novation Launch Key
/ Launch Control XL / Machine MkII / Machine Studio / BeatStep / Livid OhmRGB / Livid Code V2 / Apc 40 MKII

no computers or synths

20 Copies of Ableton Live Lite.

ze2be

Post by ze2be » Sun Jul 03, 2011 5:25 am

nathannn wrote:
sporkles wrote:Sheesh... All this work just to make the web more like real life... I don't see anybody working on what we really need: the opposite! Make real life more like the web! Whenever someone bores or bothers me in real life, I'd like to click "report spam", and never have to see the person again.
this would be good except it would need to know when i am in one of my moods and just say everything is spam.
Heheheh. Yeah, you guys are into something here. :)

aizo

Post by aizo » Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:32 am

I wanna invite too!!!!
ImageImage

sporkles

Post by sporkles » Sun Jul 03, 2011 11:06 am

nathannn wrote:
In such cases, you just don't log in at all. And I guess the real life equivalent would be calling in sick? :wink:

Klauser

Post by Klauser » Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:05 pm

And... google continues their conquest of the digital world. Yea this could be a real scare for facebook.

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:25 pm

This is going to go the way of GoogleTV. :lol:
I came for the :lol:
But stayed for the :x

crumhorn

Post by crumhorn » Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:33 pm

<RANT>

I wish I had never gone near Facebook, I think I literally hate it. And WTF is the point of the news feed?!!??!? Who are all those people - should I care what they had for dinner?

There are probably settings somewhere to manage all the things I hate about it but why should I waste my time on that?. I can keep track of all my real friends by phone, text messages and email.

And then there all those people you thought (hoped?) you would never hear from again suddenly re-emerging out of the woodwork after 20 years wanting to be "friends".

You can keep your social networking crap Mr Google. It's a symptom of everything that is wrong with the modern world if you ask me.

I could go on....

but
</RANT>
"The banjo is the perfect instrument for the antisocial."

(Allow me to plug my guitar scale visualiser thingy - www.fretlearner.com)

abl385

Post by abl385 » Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:45 pm

Sorry guys.

regretfullySaid

Post by regretfullySaid » Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:51 pm

I don't understand how people can bitch about all the clutter and wonder "who are all these people" when they accepted their invite in the first place. I wondered if people would treat FB any different than MySpace when it first came out and unsurprisngly not really. I'd rather do the g+ way but FB ain't that bad when it's not cluttered with people you don't care about. It's the lack of customization that's my biggest peeve. No animated gifs and bbcode? Fuck that.
ImageImage

crumhorn

Post by crumhorn » Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:14 pm

shadx312 wrote:I don't understand how people can bitch about all the clutter and wonder "who are all these people" when they accepted their invite in the first place.
It's the noise generated by friends of friends on the news feed that bugs me. Mostly from mates and girl/boyfriends of younger relatives.
"The banjo is the perfect instrument for the antisocial."

(Allow me to plug my guitar scale visualiser thingy - www.fretlearner.com)

lowriderSTi

Post by lowriderSTi » Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:29 pm

anyone here experienced google+? how is it like?

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:46 pm

Awesome, more invites just opened up today in fact (and no,I don't have any left)

blakjesus

Post by blakjesus » Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:17 pm

I haven't had time to fully try it out but it seems like it has potential.

PM me your email address to get an invite.

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:00 pm

crumhorn wrote:There are probably settings somewhere to manage all the things I hate about it but why should I waste my time on that?. I can keep track of all my real friends by phone, text messages and email.
there are settings to manage that, but they don't matter. at any given moment FB will change the rules on you and you have to configure again.

case and point: i created my profile to talk to peeps i went to school with and had lost touch with, nothing more. i am divorced and my ex is the type that will take the smallest piece of data and turn it into a religion. so when i setup FB i set it all to private so that only people i am friends with and their friends could see my profile. it was great. i could not be found. then in less than a week i easily had 20 friend requests... FB changed the rules AND my settings. i went from back door to on stage and didn't get the memo. :x

read the google EULA... if it's anything like the one for gmail... they will be scanning your account for marketing purposes.