Nightwriter wrote:Hi guys, I'm new here too. Started getting into production for about 2 months now.. Trying to learn some basics and also start making music for release in the near future.
Thought i'd hijack this thread rather than making a new one.
Anyone got some good reading material about music theory specifically for dance music production?
You don't need a book. There are just a few things to know.
1) 4/4 time with steady bass drum beat
2) Do not modulate from root key
3) Chuck in a few filter sweeps here and there
4) The bridge section is not too different to the intro section
5) Boring and predictable is good.
Volia. Instant dance music.