I feel better about my age

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
beats me

I feel better about my age

Post by beats me » Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:30 am

With my few brushes with celebrities I've learned 2 things. They're generally a lot shorter than they appear on the screen or stage and I have no clue how old these people are. After seeing this I feel a bit better that a lot of these celebs will be taking a dirt nap around the same time I will or even before, discounting the possibility of disease or horrible accidents.

http://www.foxnews.com/slideshow/entert ... es#slide=1

(never mind the source, it has no impact on the point of the post :x )

Styles Bitchly

Re: I feel better about my age

Post by Styles Bitchly » Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:28 am

Celebrities can blow a thick one as far as I'm concerned. They pinch a hot smelly loaf just like the rest of us. It's incredible to me how caught up most morons are with celebrities these days. The cult of personality....I still think it's all a well oiled scheme to keep everyone distracted while the politicians and bankers steal all of the money. I run into them all the time in the L.A. area music business and most are self-absorbed despicable asswipes. An exception though is George Lynch who I seem to keep bumping into...super nice down-to-earth guy and an amazing fretmaster.

Cezband

Post by Cezband » Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:04 am

Styles Bitchly wrote: It's incredible to me how caught up most morons are with celebrities these days. The cult of personality...
I read not so long ago that they did a survey of kids in the UK asking what they wanted to be when they grew up, and the majority said they wanted to be "famous." Not "famous actors" or "famous sports stars" - just "famous." Back in the day, if you wanted fame, or even infamy, you'd need to follow a path to get there and scale those heights. Now, it's a creature unto itself - the celebrity who doesn't fucking do anything. And apparently now this is what kids think recognition is about - that people will grant you accolades despite never excelling at anything, never pushing any sort of boundary or doing something individual. For sure, there are role-models who are defined this way and kids do look up to them. It depresses me hugely.

The celebrities of the future will not be chosen on their skill-set or achievements, they will be the ones who are most able to brand themselves and smear their way all around like a billboard advert for a brand of clothing. People becoming well known for becoming well known. Marketing is fearsome, and it looks like "added value" is actually coming first now beyond the product itself. The cart is officially being put before the horse. :|
Live 7.0.18 | Axiom 61 | Launchpad | Homous | Nanokontrol | Saffire 6 | Ibanez Jazzmaster Bass | Biscuits
Soundcloud (solo stuff) | One Gear Go (my band)

Styles Bitchly

Post by Styles Bitchly » Wed Aug 03, 2011 6:32 pm

The best illustration of just how low we've dipped into mediocrity as a society is evidenced by the maniacal obsession with the Kardashians. These ho's are carting barge-loads of cash to the bank and laughing all the way....for doing positively nothing but posing. Paris Hilton set the standard but these chicks have up'd the ante. And then you have dimwits like this Pauley character from Jersey Shore drafting down a cool $11 Million per year. Oh..and the "[Insert City Here] Housewives".

What this all demonstrates is that as a society, we've reached the pinnacle of Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs and there is no longer anything to worry about...no survival instincts....no threats...so we become narcissistic complacent lazy voyeuristic slobs stuffing our faces full of pork rhinds while sucking up reality T.V. What we need is a good cataclysmic event to rock some sense into our asses and to realize what's important...and what real value is.

regretfullySaid

Post by regretfullySaid » Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:07 pm

What we need is a good cataclysmic event to rock some sense into our asses and to realize what's important...and what real value is.
Will it have electrolytes?
ImageImage

mikemc

Post by mikemc » Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:50 am

shadx312 wrote:
What we need is a good cataclysmic event to rock some sense into our asses and to realize what's important...and what real value is.
be careful for what you wish for...

I used to wish I was younger, but that was when I had feelings that got hurt much more easily. Now that I see that life is a grim march towards death, and the best way to approach it is to be as unfeeling a zombie as possible (so that your are essentially dead before you are dead) things are much less painful and more sensible.
UTENZIL a tool... of the muse.

habeeb24

Post by habeeb24 » Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:50 am

Being Young will be good. But we should be happy with our age. Am happy with my age.

Styles Bitchly

Post by Styles Bitchly » Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:44 am

mikemc wrote:
shadx312 wrote:
be careful for what you wish for...

I used to wish I was younger, but that was when I had feelings that got hurt much more easily. Now that I see that life is a grim march towards death, and the best way to approach it is to be as unfeeling a zombie as possible (so that your are essentially dead before you are dead) things are much less painful and more sensible.
That's downright uplifting... :|

regretfullySaid

Post by regretfullySaid » Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:54 am

I've been guilty of that; can still be sometimes, and it's an easy way out, but I don't think you'd be so dead inside that you wouldn't feel shameful about it the more you live like that. There's still a lot of goodness to be going on and had, even if it isn't or global or winning in the long-term. Why deprive yourself and others around you? Because it still has an effect. It could be as simple as having a meaningful and positive connection with one other person.

Now more than ever I think we should go out of our way to do at least one thing a day to help someone or something else to improve the world around us or make someone feel better, just so they know that not everything and everyone has turned to careless shit, no matter how small. It could be picking up a piece of trash and throwing it away or saying bless you. One little thing can set someone off as much as it can turn their day around to be better, and I think that causes a more effective chain reaction than one may think. You may not see instant results in the world, but at least you did something.

It may not be easy, but who said being a man was?

Here's a barf bag.

But yeah, the whole dumbing down thing gets my goat.
ImageImage

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:23 pm

Styles Bitchly wrote:The best illustration of just how low we've dipped into mediocrity as a society is evidenced by the maniacal obsession with the Kardashians. These ho's are carting barge-loads of cash to the bank and laughing all the way....for doing positively nothing but posing. Paris Hilton set the standard but these chicks have up'd the ante. And then you have dimwits like this Pauley character from Jersey Shore drafting down a cool $11 Million per year. Oh..and the "[Insert City Here] Housewives".

What this all demonstrates is that as a society, we've reached the pinnacle of Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs and there is no longer anything to worry about...no survival instincts....no threats...so we become narcissistic complacent lazy voyeuristic slobs stuffing our faces full of pork rhinds while sucking up reality T.V. What we need is a good cataclysmic event to rock some sense into our asses and to realize what's important...and what real value is.
Great post!

beats me

Post by beats me » Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:46 pm

The twisted thing about people hoping to be a reality show celebrity is that it appears that anybody can do it but the odds of that happening are way lower than even traditional celebrities. Celebrities in film and music have to have some level of talent but above that drive and unwavering commitment to make it happen. The openings are limitless but difficult. In professional sports there are only so many teams with so many players so odds are low there. While most of us would agree there’s too many reality shows being aired the odds of that happening for anybody is even way lower than being a professional athlete.

I think part of the delusion is also being fueled by social networking. “I have 2,000+ ‘friends’. I could totally have my own show!”. Morons.

macmurphy

Post by macmurphy » Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:55 pm

Styles Bitchly wrote: the maniacal obsession with the Kardashians.
aren't they from star trek or something?

regretfullySaid

Post by regretfullySaid » Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:07 pm

I believe their dad helped with freeing OJ.
ImageImage

gjm

Post by gjm » Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:39 pm

Styles Bitchly wrote:The best illustration of just how low we've dipped into mediocrity as a society is evidenced by the maniacal obsession with the Kardashians. These ho's are carting barge-loads of cash to the bank and laughing all the way....for doing positively nothing but posing. Paris Hilton set the standard but these chicks have up'd the ante. And then you have dimwits like this Pauley character from Jersey Shore drafting down a cool $11 Million per year. Oh..and the "[Insert City Here] Housewives".

Stupid post.
iMac - 10.10.3 - Live 9 Suite - APC40 - Axiom 61 - TX81z - Firestudio Mobile - Focal Alpha 80's - Godin Session - Home made foot controller

sporkles

Post by sporkles » Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:41 pm

Haha! The URL says "theyre age". Stupid Fox.

Please continue.