BAN. How does it work here?

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
KrisM

Re: BAN. How does it work here?

Post by KrisM » Sun Aug 07, 2011 3:07 am

I actually rather enjoyed some of our discussions, too, and didn't really have a problem with him for the most part. He is rather vehement on his views, but that's about it. I really hope he can just let this Propellerhead thing go, though, I don't want to see him get banned anywhere else over it :?

Let's just enjoy Ableton Live (or criticize it if something is broken) :mrgreen:
I don't 'produce.' I write music.

9V

Post by 9V » Sun Aug 07, 2011 3:13 am

scutheotaku wrote:I'm not picking "sides," but I kind of figured that this was the case. Nevertheless, I agree that you (9V) should just let it go, whether it was your fault or theirs. That being said, just be happy that you can speak pretty freely on these forums :D
Thanks for your kind words, i hope you are right. I am still upset and disgusted about propellerhead/kvr behaviour. Bad times when you cannot express your opinions. By the way, i guess PHs want to change their "target", just watch the cheesy commercial on their home page, with all the "cool young" musicians... the ones like me are "out": too old, too explicitly elucidating reason lacks... So, no problem... i can "understand" (so to speak) why they banned me... But... KVR?!!! What has kvr to do with propellerhead staff?!! I mean: i've been in kvr almost every day for 7 years now! And AT ONCE, that fellow BANS me just because i gave my opinions about a product which I OWN and i PAY?!!! Now i cannot enter the site! i cannot even read the news!!! Only this pseudoxxxxxt menace :? :

KrisM

Post by KrisM » Sun Aug 07, 2011 3:45 am

Users are saying on PH forums that you made a new profile there to PM people links to this thread?

Your opinion has been expressed and duly noted. Please, just move on, now, okay? Let it go, it's not worth all this, man. It's going on and on and on about your opinions that got you banned in both places :?

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Sun Aug 07, 2011 3:57 am

Well, the good thing is that this is the Lounge. You're free to utterly rant away here about anything you like as long as there or no personal insults or racist jabs.

There's also now Bonus Points awarded for spamming us with non-music related goods and services.

:x
I came for the :lol:
But stayed for the :x

9V

Post by 9V » Sun Aug 07, 2011 6:18 am

KrisM wrote:Users are saying on PH forums that you made a new profile there to PM people links to this thread?
I just sent them a clear PRIVATE message via a pseudonym ("IXVA"), because they are still insulting me, despite my absence. Cowardice? Fanboysm? What? For sure PH staff is a little bit "naive" as far as they trust (... or pay?) a certain "DANOC":

[DANOC] YOU ARE A FANATIC at best. YOU as a member of this forum IS ANNOYING! You are a PEST! You're like a nat at a BBQ just flying around all over the forum getting on peoples nerves! So shut up.
[9V] please try to be more respectable, rather than telling other people bad words, insulting, insinuating or invoke the ban, or the one banned will be you, sooner or later, thanks.
[DANOC] What? Are you kidding me? You gotta be kidding me. Are you for real or some cyber spy trying to take down PH? What's your deal? Bannned? Hmmm from this site? Gee let me tell you, here I got some pull now you have been warned. SO AGAIN YOU'VE BEEN WARNED!!!
[9V] no i am not kidding. Please, try to be more respectable to foreign people like me, who sometimes mistake words but try to express their opinions in a clear way without being offensive. You always call me "obsessive", "bitching", or tell me bad words, invoke the ban etc. Try (if you can) to understand that this is not your personal area. And again, don't judge people in this rude way.

Now he is claiming he is kind of an influential person and he said propellerhead staff "ban 9V from here" and they did what he told. Things like: he is disrespectful and playing two names, one was MWALKER and Nova123 on the computer at the same time, we figured it out and the mod banned him. Bottom line he is starting trouble when we should learn from our site and all he did was cause trouble.

"our site"?! "two names"?! Of course THESE LIES ARE ALL IN HIS HEAD. The "censors" there must be very naive, since they trust (... or pay?) such "gentlemen"...
"DANOC" is this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4-V0t4LjhI
Last edited by 9V on Sun Aug 07, 2011 6:41 am, edited 5 times in total.

rikhyray

Post by rikhyray » Sun Aug 07, 2011 6:20 am

Man, why do you waste your time, get so obsessed with it ? PH forum was, is and will be like it is forever plenty of fanatical followers for whom shit in the face will always smell and taste like chocolate as long as it has Reason logo on it. Yet, nobody forces you to read it, there is even fully functional ignore list so you can set it such a way that you will never ever see the fanboys (fangirls can be worse) nonsense. Ask yourself what you want, what you need. Make the world better place? There are better options then audio fora to proceed with that. Reform Propellerheads ?, you would probably have to buy the company first, for good or bad they have very rigid views and strategies and I don't think they care much about your opinion , repeating it won't change a thing.
Do you really need to like, get personally involved with a company, developers, other users to apply the product for your creative needs? If it has to be then choose accordingly.
One thing for sure if there is audio company with progressive, liberal, humanistic, open minded philosophy widely applied not just to their products but the "whole thing" it is Ableton. Nobody gets banned, for "offenses" like your on PH forum, here it mostly goes in natural way, what is not substantial,informative, truly music and production related, interesting, exciting, scandalous .........remains unread and/or unanswered....
P.S. Maybe you should be taking those bans as a blessing, my personal advice, ban yourself from the rest of internet at least for some time, enjoy some life in non virtual reality.

Goddard

Post by Goddard » Sun Aug 07, 2011 2:20 pm

9V, it seems you are in the deepest need of a nice coach with a shrink beside...
You sound like a genuine basket case. I assume you are aware of it.
Welcome!
"Machines are the weapon employed by the capitalists to quell the revolt of specialized labor" Karl Marx

KrisM

Post by KrisM » Sun Aug 07, 2011 2:55 pm

As far as I know, Danoc is not an Ableton user, so I think you should leave him and your PMs with him out of this discussion. Whether anyone was wrong or right is pretty much immaterial at this point.

A breather away from the computer is in order, I think. I bet in a month or two if you asked, politely and courteously, to be allowed back into either forum, they'd let you. KVR you can just make a new account and wait for your IP to reset (or force it to change if you know how), but with Propellerhead you'd need registrations on your account in order view anything but the General Forum. And if you don't want either, are too disgusted to ever go back, that's okay, too.

Good luck and write some MIDI :)

9V

Post by 9V » Sun Aug 07, 2011 3:40 pm

Goddard wrote:9V, it seems you are in the deepest need of a nice coach with a shrink beside...You sound like a genuine basket case. I assume you are aware of it. Welcome!
Consumer protection laws designed to ensure fair trade competition and the free flow of truthful information in the marketplace. The laws are designed to prevent businesses that engage in fraud or specified unfair practices from gaining an advantage over competitors and may provide additional protection for the weak and those unable to take care of themselves.

READ WELL, because i am not one of your marketing "teenage fanboys" target. I already answered the "funny" (?) letter PH wrote me about my ban ("go smell some flowers" etc.): i am not a teenager, i am an aged PAYING consumer of your products since 2002, violeted in his rights by PH improper behaviour. I have collected all the insults, racist insinuations and lies about me, you have allowed and still are allowing. It was not my intention to come HERE (!!!) talking about your disgusting way of treating discontent PAYING, LICENSE OWNERS users. Just think about that, and guess why i HAD to come here, since your friends at KVR banned me AT ONCE. You should only FEEL SHAMED about that, and learn what RESPECT of your PAYING CUSTOMERS different opinions means. There is a world of CUSTOMERS, out of your parallel pseudoblind fanboysm "community": musicians who consider your product a TOOL, not a faith. So, tell your mate at PH to avoid writing such stupid letters and "advises", please. I am not your teenager brother. Try to treat people in a serious way, sometimes.

regretfullySaid

Post by regretfullySaid » Sun Aug 07, 2011 5:16 pm

I hope that got it out of your system. Can you move on now?

It wasn't what you were saying that was the problem. The fact that you are a paying adult who has used the software for a long time has nothing to do with it. It's the obsessiveness. There's some broken record action going on.

Take a break and find something else to do for awhile, maybe something you've never done before or haven't done in a long time.
Go out in the woods, punch a tree a cry it off. Read a book. Cook a meal. Say hello and smile when you walk by a pretty woman.
Go fishing or play some ball (if you aren't physically paralyzed) with some other people. Paint a chair. Grow some pot. Brew some beer.
Lick a bald mans head. Yell "I'm Banksy!". Put on some lipstick.
If nothing else works, maybe talk to someone and find out what the real problem is.
ImageImage

9V

Post by 9V » Sun Aug 07, 2011 5:35 pm

shadx312 wrote:It wasn't what you were saying that was the problem, it's the obsessiveness. Take a break and find something else to do for awhile. Go out in the woods, punch a tree a cry it off. If nothing else works, maybe talk to someone and find out what the real problem is.
These are the kind of "answers" i am expecting from fanboys, not from a serious music software brand called "propellerhead". You, as a fanboy, can even tell me "hey, you are a nut, obsessive" etc. Infact if you are a fanboy, i can justify your blindness or you thinking about yourself "wow, i am a cool one, he is a nerd, he needs pussy" and all this crap. The problem is PROPELLERHEAD, not your fanboysm. Instead of keeping a serious behaviour with discontent PAYING, LICENSE OWNERS users, they treat them like "complexed people", nerd teenagers, web trolls etc. They pretend to use the "cool young language" (LOL). I know this kind of "policy", they are not the only one acting like this. I asked them technical issues, they replied I need to take a walk under the sunshine (??!!). Or they talk about "trollism" (???!!) which, as an aged man, did not even know what it meant! I wonder how people dare to be so unrespectable (apart fanboys). So, don't worry about my personality, personal problems, obsessiveness etc. It is not your business, after all. Think of your fanboysm, for now.
Last edited by 9V on Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

regretfullySaid

Post by regretfullySaid » Sun Aug 07, 2011 5:51 pm

Ok. I hoped for your sake you wouldn't have taken the defensive route, so I definitely meant what I said. It was meant as advice, not as an insult. See where your pride takes you.
Also, if you look at my previous posts, you can see how much of a fanboy I am.
ImageImage

9V

Post by 9V » Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:06 pm

shadx312 wrote: It was meant as advice, not as an insult.
Again, i actually don't "give a damn" (forgive the rudness) about your advices, since i don't think this is a fitness forum. If i buy a product to make music, i expect to have musical and technical answers, not things like "don't think about that" or stupid, offensive advises like "go out take a walk" (??!!!). Or, at least, i expect these kind of "anwers" from a fanboy or from a wannabe virtual doctor, not from the product's staff.

By the way, thanks for your advices, i guess they are coming from your heart... But the topic is about freedom of speech, censorship, consumers rights, marketing strategies, etc. not about relaxation techniques.

http://www.vimeo.com/22547651

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:12 am

9V, I like how you're already getting into fights here. You're going to fit in well.

:x
I came for the :lol:
But stayed for the :x

regretfullySaid

Post by regretfullySaid » Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:36 am

I'm sorry you got wounded and think that it's an injustice, 9V. I get the idea from their end of things is that you already asked your questions and made your points numerous times but didn't stop.

I understand it may suck getting banned from forums, especially if they may be your favorites, but IMO I can think of much worse wounds you can get.

The guys who are making the product say they aren't going to support vst's and midi out. They made it clear. They know that means, even if it's losing potential and old customers. It's a choice they've made. If i had a customer constantly berating me with something that I wasn't going to support even after making it clear that I wouldn't support it, I would deem it as harassment.

Fuck PH and fuck KvR, dude; it's not the end of the world.

I can't wait until you make automation feature requests.
Last edited by regretfullySaid on Mon Aug 08, 2011 4:36 am, edited 5 times in total.
ImageImage