Do you think Ableton will launch an iPad version of AL?

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
simpleton

Re: Do you think Ableton will launch an iPad version of AL?

Post by simpleton » Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:28 am

9V wrote:
Anubis wrote:Fruity Loops did it! :|
FL for ipad, garageband for ipad etc. are nice, but nothing else than little toys. They have nothing to do with the complexity of the original software running on computers. By the way it is a good start, and nice for "skatches".
That's what they said about making music with computers ten years ago.
btw- what are Skatches? Anything like Skittles?
The Leveller wrote:Wow, a weird shaped dead coral with sh!t stuck to it. Proof indeed of supernatural abilities.

9V

Post by 9V » Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:47 am

LOL in italy we use the term "sketch" for short time acts. I mean: "notes", "notation", "memo" :mrgreen: Sorry for mistakes, it's because sometimes i am writing with ipad, and i have no time to enter "google translator".

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Tue Aug 09, 2011 4:15 am

3phase, give it up, Broham. It's so painfully obvious at this point that it's you.

:roll:
I came for the :lol:
But stayed for the :x

9V

Post by 9V » Tue Aug 09, 2011 4:16 pm

simpleton wrote: That's what they said about making music with computers ten years ago.
btw- what are Skatches? Anything like Skittles?
well, actually i used to play music with this, in the 80's. 48kb, 1mhz, sid chip 3 voices poliphony. So, nothing new

rote fahne

Post by rote fahne » Tue Aug 09, 2011 4:41 pm

9V wrote:LOL in italy we use the term "sketch" for short time acts. I mean: "notes", "notation", "memo" :mrgreen: Sorry for mistakes, it's because sometimes i am writing with ipad, and i have no time to enter "google translator".
Da dove sei?

Potresti scrivere qualcosa in Italiano per convincerci che non sei 3phase?

Io, sono Olandese btw.

rote fahne

Post by rote fahne » Tue Aug 09, 2011 4:45 pm

LoopStationZebra wrote:3phase, give it up, Broham. It's so painfully obvious at this point that it's you.

:roll:
Doing a check if he's a real Italian.

Thought YOU were the director of this forum soap. LOL>

9V

Post by 9V » Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:44 pm

scusa, ma non so chi sia questo 3phase di cui tanto parlate. Chi è? Perché dovrei essere 3phase?
(sorry, but i don't know this so called "3phase" you always quote. Who is he? Why should I be 3Phase?)

stringtapper

Post by stringtapper » Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:59 pm

9V wrote:scusa, ma non so chi sia questo 3phase di cui tanto parlate. Chi è? Perché dovrei essere 3phase?
(sorry, but i don't know this so called "3phase" you always quote. Who is he? Why should I be 3Phase?)
3phase is a German techno artist who had an early 90s hit and used to come on the Ableton Forums and engage in endless ranting about how "un-pro" Live is. He finally got banned, but it took a loooooooong time.

You are being compared to him because your tone about your PH debacle is somewhat similar and because English is not your native language (although your English is not as bad as his).
Unsound Designer

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:48 pm

stringtapper wrote:
9V wrote:scusa, ma non so chi sia questo 3phase di cui tanto parlate. Chi è? Perché dovrei essere 3phase?
3phase is a German techno artist who had an early 90s hit and used to come on the Ableton Forums and engage in endless ranting about how "un-pro" Live is. He finally got banned, but it took a loooooooong time.

You are being compared to him because your tone about your PH debacle is somewhat similar and because English is not your native language (although your English is not as bad as his).

I actually think 3phase spoke and wrote perfect English but just loved to pretend that he didn't. lol. There were vast paragraphs in which his writting was pretty flawless....then suddenly he'd lurch into 'me no English' mode. :lol:

drewbixcube

Post by drewbixcube » Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:15 pm

9V:
professional |pr??fe sh ?nl|
adjective
[attrib.] of, relating to, or connected with a profession
Clearly, as the iPad is connected with the music profession, it is professional equipment.
Now, let's look at how you're defining toy:
toy |toi|
noun
an object, esp. a gadget or machine, regarded as providing amusement for an adult
True, the iPad and its subsequent applications can also be considered toys, in addition to the guitar, piano, computer, synthesizer, etc. etc. Even the so called "professional music tablet" you described would be able to be called a toy. According to these definitions, it is possible for something to be both professional and a toy. So what?

Broaden your horizons a bit. Open your mind to new ideas. Quit living in the past. I'm not saying you have to use an iPad to be a professional, but don't belittle the professionals that do. If I created a vast sculpture out of Play-Doh, would you think less of it because Play-Doh is a child's toy? Perhaps you'd think I was unprofessional? Nonsense.

9V

Post by 9V » Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:39 pm

Ipad is still a toy. And iLive exists (i mean this):
http://www.allen-heath.com/UK/Products/ ... LiveSeries
Last edited by 9V on Wed Aug 10, 2011 6:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:51 pm

9V wrote:Ipad is still a toy. And iLive exists (i mean this):

Pretty funny, considering that they make a companion app for the iPad that is meant to integrate directly with the iSurface products.

http://www.allen-heath.com/UK/Products/ ... neiPadApps
iLive MixPad is an engineer’s mixing tool providing easily portable wireless mobile control for the iLive digital mixing system. It is the perfect companion to the iLive Surface or Editor,

:lol: :lol: :lol:

No talk about 'toy' in that blurb. And, correct me if I'm wrong, but Allen & Heath is about as 'pro' as you can get in terms of product.

FAIL.

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:52 pm

Once more, for posterity:

FAIL.

:lol:

stringtapper

Post by stringtapper » Wed Aug 10, 2011 6:04 pm

9V = Official Lounge Mong
Unsound Designer

9V

Post by 9V » Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:07 pm

don't get me wrong, i own and i use ipad2. But IMO it is still a toy. Why giving the term "toy" a negative meaning? "Toy" because of these aspects, for instance: internal sound "board" of ipad is not professional, how can you compare that to a 2000€ audio board? IOS is a telephone operative system, is it enough for a professional audio-music tool? I don't think it is, infact the synths for ipad are "apps" and you can use them only one by one. Can you play real powerful professional synth on ipad? I mean monsters like omnisphere, absynth etc.? Can professional sequencers and DAWs run on ipad? No. Why? Because ipad is a nice tool for web surfing, notes, reading, writing, playing games. watching videos, photos etc. Regarding music, it is nice for sight reading, learning, score sheets, ear training, as a midi controller (i use it for omnisphere). Some synths made for ipad (ims20, rebirth etc.) are nice, but very light (you could get the same results 15 years ago windows 95). The little sequencers (garageband, FL, nanostudio etc.) are nice, but not enough for professional aims. Not to mention: power, latency etc. By the way, i like IPAD (i am writing this post with it right now)