the topic of topics: MIDI vs AUDIO ("what is music"?)

Discussion of anything not related to audio or music production
9V
Posts: 1053
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2004 8:15 pm
Location: utopia

Re: the topic of topics: MIDI vs AUDIO ("what is music"?)

Post by 9V » Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:25 pm

i was banned from PH forum because of my repetive requests for vst support. Then i went on kvr forum, telling other users what happened to me there, and the kvr mod banned me at once! He wrote: "i told you not to bring your vendetta from propellerhead forums to kvr"! 8O After a while i discovered the same PH forum mod who banned me in the PH forum writes on KVR forum, too: 1+1=2. Now, every time i try to connect to KVR i get this menace message:
Image


Here in Ableton forum there is no need to ban me, since i have never broken any rule. I once "dared" to talk with criticism about some aspect of USA and italian policy. But no-one called the mods for my criticism against italian politics. On the contrary, some american users felt insulted (?!) as if i was offending american population, so the mods gently asked me not to talk about american politics and wars, because the way i do that could offend american impressionable users.

ollyb303
Posts: 2666
Joined: Wed Jun 25, 2008 3:49 pm
Location: Bristol, UK
Contact:

Re: the topic of topics: MIDI vs AUDIO ("what is music"?)

Post by ollyb303 » Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:08 pm

One knob...

Sums this thread up nicely.
.:O:B:1:.
ob1techno.com

9V
Posts: 1053
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2004 8:15 pm
Location: utopia

Re: the topic of topics: MIDI vs AUDIO ("what is music"?)

Post by 9V » Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:38 pm

ollyb303 wrote:One knob... Sums this thread up nicely.
actually, the last interesting question was: "shall i learn music rules to compose music?" and my answer was NO... :roll:

9V
Posts: 1053
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2004 8:15 pm
Location: utopia

Re: the topic of topics: MIDI vs AUDIO ("what is music"?)

Post by 9V » Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:16 pm

scutheotaku wrote: You just proved my point - you haven't been banned and you won't be banned for talking politics on the Ableton forums. The mods may have politely asked you to not talk American politics (though this is hearsay), but as far as I know no one has banned or threatened to ban you.
It's not that simple, actually. People like me risk to be banned for their ideals, not because they'are breaking the forum rules (infact i have never broken any rule, never insulted anyone). The ableton mods have received quite a few complaints regarding the posts I make on the forum. Because of my strong ideals and the way I express myself, that is too "free" and nonconform. That is why some impressionable people could feel insulted. For instance, once Loopstationzebra (among other harsh offences) called me "fucking mong", because I wrote Tesla was a socialist (here in italy he is known as a socialist). Well, guess? He was not banned. But I was warned by the forum mods because of my reply ("in USA you don't even know he was socialist?"). Because, they said, this could imply that US citizens are generally ignorant (???!!!!). That is why i am monitored and everything I write here could me misunderstood. Things such as provocative humor, irony etc. transmit very badly here. I write "justice" and people understand "trolling", i write "no war" and some users understand "antiamerican bigot", etc. So they'll be forced to ban me, even if i have never broken any rule. If i will be banned it is just for my "uncomfortable" ideals. That is why i avoid talking about politics.

docprosper
Posts: 1192
Joined: Sat Apr 24, 2010 11:20 am
Location: Fredericksburg, VA

Re: the topic of topics: MIDI vs AUDIO ("what is music"?)

Post by docprosper » Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:25 pm

wow, you sound like a pretty special person. Cool story.
Funk N. Furter wrote:Post properly.
Ableton Live Suite | M4L | Powerbook | Launchpad | APC40 | Faderfox | 2x1200 | ...
---> http://soundcloud.com/kilcraft

stringtapper
Posts: 6273
Joined: Sat Aug 28, 2004 6:21 pm

Re: the topic of topics: MIDI vs AUDIO ("what is music"?)

Post by stringtapper » Wed Sep 14, 2011 4:05 pm

9V wrote:
scutheotaku wrote: You just proved my point - you haven't been banned and you won't be banned for talking politics on the Ableton forums. The mods may have politely asked you to not talk American politics (though this is hearsay), but as far as I know no one has banned or threatened to ban you.
It's not that simple, actually. People like me risk to be banned for their ideals, not because they'are breaking the forum rules (infact i have never broken any rule, never insulted anyone). The ableton mods have received quite a few complaints regarding the posts I make on the forum. Because of my strong ideals and the way I express myself, that is too "free" and nonconform. That is why some impressionable people could feel insulted. For instance, once Loopstationzebra (among other harsh offences) called me "fucking mong", because I wrote Tesla was a socialist (here in italy he is known as a socialist). Well, guess? He was not banned. But I was warned by the forum mods because of my reply ("in USA you don't even know he was socialist?"). Because, they said, this could imply that US citizens are generally ignorant (???!!!!). That is why i am monitored and everything I write here could me misunderstood. Things such as provocative humor, irony etc. transmit very badly here. I write "justice" and people understand "trolling", i write "no war" and some users understand "antiamerican bigot", etc. So they'll be forced to ban me, even if i have never broken any rule. If i will be banned it is just for my "uncomfortable" ideals. That is why i avoid talking about politics.
Nah, you just refuse to listen to any music that isn't on the radio and have probably never read a single serious study of any musical subject. Plus you have the uncanny inability to express more than a couple of mantras without resorting to YouTube videos and quotes from others. Have any original thoughts of your own?

And no, the things you say aren't uncomfortable. In fact the reason people around here don't like you has less to do with what you say and more to do with how you say it. At the end of the day no one around really cares what you think, and honestly we probably don't care much what each other (the regulars) think either. This is a place to have some fun and banter. But when it gets annoying (e.g. when you post) then this place isn't fun anymore and it's no longer The Lounge, but rather something akin to going to a dentist.

One more time: It has less to do with the substance of what you say than it does the way you say it and the fact that you are a socially annoying person online. You are a nuisance because you make this place less enjoyable to frequent.

If The Lounge were a party, you would be the guy no one wants to talk to.

Capisce?
Unsound Designer

9V
Posts: 1053
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2004 8:15 pm
Location: utopia

Re: the topic of topics: MIDI vs AUDIO ("what is music"?)

Post by 9V » Wed Sep 14, 2011 4:21 pm

i am the typical "loser" :mrgreen: Thanks, for me is a high praise!

stringtapper
Posts: 6273
Joined: Sat Aug 28, 2004 6:21 pm

Re: the topic of topics: MIDI vs AUDIO ("what is music"?)

Post by stringtapper » Wed Sep 14, 2011 4:33 pm

9V wrote:i am the typical "loser" :mrgreen: Thanks, for me is a high praise!
No, we here in The Lounge are the losers. We have lost a cool place to chat online.
Unsound Designer

9V
Posts: 1053
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2004 8:15 pm
Location: utopia

Re: the topic of topics: MIDI vs AUDIO ("what is music"?)

Post by 9V » Wed Sep 14, 2011 4:38 pm

"we" LOL as if it was your three mates club :mrgreen:
Image

crumhorn
Posts: 2503
Joined: Fri Sep 26, 2008 6:04 pm

Re: the topic of topics: MIDI vs AUDIO ("what is music"?)

Post by crumhorn » Wed Sep 14, 2011 4:44 pm

why is everyone overreacting so much? To say that 9V has somehow hijacked the forum is overstating it a bit me thinks. If you think he's trolling then just ignore him. I got fed up of arguing and butted out of the debate - I won't change his mind and he won't change mine. There are plenty of other threads.
"The banjo is the perfect instrument for the antisocial."

(Allow me to plug my guitar scale visualiser thingy - www.fretlearner.com)

stringtapper
Posts: 6273
Joined: Sat Aug 28, 2004 6:21 pm

Re: the topic of topics: MIDI vs AUDIO ("what is music"?)

Post by stringtapper » Wed Sep 14, 2011 4:54 pm

9V wrote::mrgreen:

Image
Unsound Designer

9V
Posts: 1053
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2004 8:15 pm
Location: utopia

Re: the topic of topics: MIDI vs AUDIO ("what is music"?)

Post by 9V » Wed Sep 14, 2011 4:55 pm

"everyone" :mrgreen: stringtapper and other two users, actually. The rest is your imagination, since i've posted in 12 threads out of hundreds... and have started six threads in 7 years :roll:

garyboozy
Posts: 2601
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2007 12:27 pm
Location: UK
Contact:

Re: the topic of topics: MIDI vs AUDIO ("what is music"?)

Post by garyboozy » Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:12 pm

9V, please feel free to use this at the end of every post.
you're welcome.

Image

stringtapper
Posts: 6273
Joined: Sat Aug 28, 2004 6:21 pm

Re: the topic of topics: MIDI vs AUDIO ("what is music"?)

Post by stringtapper » Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:13 pm

I'll give you that. For having a small number of posts you sure have packed them full of bullshit! :lol:
Unsound Designer

9V
Posts: 1053
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2004 8:15 pm
Location: utopia

Re: the topic of topics: MIDI vs AUDIO ("what is music"?)

Post by 9V » Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:16 pm

Image

[SUPAMONSTA] well I'm lost now. Do you have to follow the rules to write or play (your definition of)"music", or don't you have to follow them? Is it necessary to write it, or not? You seem to say both.

[9V] you don't have to follow them, because they are "natural", like language. Of course there is a difference (in complexity) between a tune by chopin and a simple three chords tune made by an amateur. But it is always music! At the same time, i guess you understand the difference between a novel written by Dostojevskij and a little written composition made by a 6 years old pupil... But the "code" is the same (language). The Beatles, for instance, could not read and write music... But you can read/write their tunes on a score sheet... etc. Of course it is called "music"... because it can be read/written/edited. The rest is sound, even a child can understand the difference... not because it is a simple concept, but because it is a NATURAL human tendency (like grammar, movements, human feelings etc.).

[STRINGTAPPER] Z@!!#°grrr-@|^|!stockhausen# :x

Post Reply