the topic of topics: MIDI vs AUDIO ("what is music"?)

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
Rinsemeister

Re: the topic of topics: MIDI vs AUDIO ("what is music"?)

Post by Rinsemeister » Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:31 pm

Oi! 9V.......

This forum would be a lot better without you. Any chance that you could fuck off and die?

There used to be a time before you that one could gain useful insight into "the" program and have "fun" doing it.

It's a sad indictment that it will be ME who gets the ban hammer even though I'm crusading for a clean and open "speakeasy" for the masses.

Most of your "shite" is just that........SHITE!!!

Piss off back to KVR or the P'Heads. They appreciate you more..........

9V

Post by 9V » Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:44 pm

your's not "shite": it's envy :roll: :arrow: http://youtu.be/JJEQqcw-830

supamonsta

Post by supamonsta » Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:45 pm

9V your crusade is incredible, as you seem to try to turn a great forum and his users into something like a totalitarist place where you would be the poor victim of your free and open minded ideas...
Things such as provocative humor, irony etc. transmit very badly here.
that's absolutely WRONG.

we, yes, "WE" love that, especially in the lounge. If you browse the lounge's threads, you'll see that quite everything IS provocative humor, irony, political or religious vivid discussions, etc.

you CAN talk here about quite EVERYTHING you want. the forum rules are about mutual respect, decency, but the lounge was made exactly for that : everything we wanna talk about is OK.

you can talk about politics, peace VS war, sex and love, economics, and you're also allowed to compare different countries' politics, cultures, habits.... (check this search page : http://forum.ableton.com/search.php?st= ... +&start=30 )

you can do all that, with the one condition, is that you respect your interlocutors.

Respect is, yes, no insult, but respect is also LISTENING to what the other have to say, isn't it? (otherwise you turn the other into something like a ghost, or non-existant thing...)

you're no victim here, you are your own personnal victim 8O

you're making yourself a victim, turning us into your agressors, and you like it like that.

"me VS rest of the world"... this is kind of paranoïa, don't you think?

why do I do this?

FUN.

I hope you have some good time with us too, yes, "us". (but you ARE one of us, if not, how could we ban you?? :wink: you alone keep on saying you're that much different, because you are italian, but I'm pretty sure you KNOW that this forum is not a US forum, but an actual INTERNATIONAL forum..., here are lots of french, spanish, italian, german, english, australian, austrian...)

another rock thrown in the water... I could not resist... the fun of feeding OUR troll hunger!

paix et amour

9V

Post by 9V » Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:55 pm

are you sure? The only french user i know is you, then there is an italian (9V!), the rest is american people and some english fellows.

supamonsta

Post by supamonsta » Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:08 pm

I'm not sure as I don't have any stats.

but that's not my post main point... everyone but you could be US citizen here, that would not change anything to the debate (didn't you say that there were plenty of italian emigrants in the US country? aren't they US citizens? couldn't they be US ableton forum users?)

see?

you don't answer to people discussing stuff with you. you take one or 2 sentences you may be able to invalid, and let the rest apart.

you'll go a long way with that king of attitude. keep on, that's fun. but a bit really tiring... lol

good nite

9V

Post by 9V » Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:17 pm

an italian, a french, a dutch troll, two from england, the rest americans. That's my impression.

supamonsta

Post by supamonsta » Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:23 pm

me wrote:but that's not my post main point... everyone but you could be US citizen here, that would not change anything to the debate (didn't you say that there were plenty of italian emigrants in the US country? aren't they US citizens? couldn't they be US ableton forum users?)

see?

you don't answer to people discussing stuff with you. you take one or 2 sentences you may be able to invalid, and let the rest apart.

9V

Post by 9V » Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:55 pm

you mean you wrote "france" but you are american, ok. I wrote "utopia", by the way... :roll:

docprosper

Post by docprosper » Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:13 am

I don't think that's what he means. Focus.
Funk N. Furter wrote:Post properly.
Ableton Live Suite | M4L | Powerbook | Launchpad | APC40 | Faderfox | 2x1200 | Xone:96 | ...
---> http://soundcloud.com/kilcraft

macmurphy

Post by macmurphy » Thu Sep 15, 2011 8:21 am

:cry:

why can't we all just get along..?

trevox

Post by trevox » Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:48 pm

9V wrote:are you sure? The only french user i know is you, then there is an italian (9V!), the rest is american people and some english fellows.
I am Irish and I know there are a few others on the site.

9V

Post by 9V » Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:01 pm

i guess he meant my "enemies", not the entire forum community and/or ableton users. Among my "enemies" (...) i've counted only two english fellows, a dutch troll, the frenchamerican guy. The rest are all americans: from virginia :mrgreen:

Guff Tong

Post by Guff Tong » Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:08 pm

9V; I need to go to Italy for holiday some day, love the food and history.
Do a wicked spaghetti bolognese (not a proper recipe I'm sure though I do make it all from fresh ingredients!)

Do a nice carbonara too.

And Borolo!!! Maaan thats some pukka wine that is... gets you drunk from the nose outwards!!...gorgeous (my fav red in fact, even better than a really good chiliean)

Doing Portugal next year (I'm told drug laws are quite loose there!) but think Italy the next year for sure.

Where would you recommend for a good mix of culture and chilling?

w.

Guff Tong

Post by Guff Tong » Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:10 pm

9V wrote:i guess he meant my "enemies", not the entire forum community and/or ableton users. Among my "enemies" (...) i've counted only two english fellows, a dutch troll, the frenchamerican guy. The rest are all americans: from virginia :mrgreen:
Had a fight with this massive german kid when I was on holiday in majorca. best mate i ever had, still in touch with him now some 35 years later!!.

Enemies :roll: the biggest ones are normally the ones within us.

trevox

Post by trevox » Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:16 pm

9V wrote:i guess he meant my "enemies", not the entire forum community and/or ableton users. Among my "enemies" (...) i've counted only two english fellows, a dutch troll, the frenchamerican guy. The rest are all americans: from virginia :mrgreen:
Now you are referring to yourself in the third person - I think you need help.

Also, I don't think you have any enemies - just people who think you're a bit of a knob. And I am Irish, not an enemy of yours, and not from Virginia. I think you generalise a bit too much - about the users of this forum and the views of "Americans". There are 300 million people in America - not all can be considered to be the same. Just like I do not think all Italians are like you - whether you think they are or not.