The Great Year

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
drewbixcube

The Great Year

Post by drewbixcube » Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:39 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rhkHuTBZdo

How much do we really know? I find ancient Egypt to be extremely fascinating. With only a few plausible theories to their success, I had been leaning toward an ancient astronaut one. The idea that alien beings have had their hand in our development doesn't quite sit very well, however. Most recently, I've been learning about the "Great Year", also known as a Yuga in Vedic teachings. This makes more sense to me, even though it's a difficult concept to understand. Undoubtedly, ancient civilizations were smarter than we give them credit for. There is evidence that ancient Egyptians understood and were able to harness electricity seemingly out of thin air (see: Tesla). More recently we have concluded, not irrefutably of course, that the pyramids at Giza are much much older than originally thought. There is evidence that they were built on the bank of the Nile, which has since migrated east. If this is truly the case, the pyramids would be almost 40,000 years old, as opposed to only 5 or 6 thousand, as it would have taken 10's of thousands of years for the Nile to migrate to where it is today. Along the Great Year timeline, the Pyramids would have been built during the decline of the Golden Age one and a half cycles ago.

Food for thought I guess. If aliens had visited us in the past, it would make perfect sense for them to make contact with us at the height of our enlightenment. As we decline through the Dark Ages, we lose enlightenment, in addition to recorded and inherited knowledge and understanding. On the current cycle, we completed our decline at around year 0. In fact, we are only about 2500 years away from the next Silver Age. Does this have anything to do with the end of the Mayan calendar? Who knows? Although there is major significance to the end of this calendar in the form of the galactic alignment, it may very well be no different than flipping your calendar from December to January. I would love to believe that we might be exposed to some sort of quickening during this time, but there is just no way to be certain what will happen.

Either way, these are certainly some interesting times we live in.

LoopStationZebra

Re: The Great Year

Post by LoopStationZebra » Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:44 pm

"Walking across the sitting room, I turn the television off..."

:x
I came for the :lol:
But stayed for the :x

drewbixcube

Post by drewbixcube » Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:00 pm

9V

Post by 9V » Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:06 pm

drewbixcube

Post by drewbixcube » Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:07 pm

:roll: indeed.

Thank you 9V, for that wonderful insight. I will take my new found knowledge of the existence of sassafrass and fold it in with the rest of my understanding as I try to make sense of the reality I have been given. Truly, you are sage of wisdom beyond your years.

9V

Post by 9V » Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:52 pm

well, bad news for you anyway: Santa Claus does not exist :oops:

drewbixcube

Post by drewbixcube » Sat Aug 20, 2011 4:17 pm

You're so smart, YOU explain the pyramids then, or any of the ancient monoliths for that matter. Perhaps sassafrass and Santa Clause got together and built them with levers and pulleys, cutting each block with diamond tip chainsaws.

You are more close-minded than any American I have ever met.

9V

Post by 9V » Sat Aug 20, 2011 5:33 pm

are the pyramids to be "explained"?! They are big tombs for ancient tyrants, 100.000 slaves to build one, 20-30 years to finish it. Where is the "mistery"?! Are the colosseum or the parthenon to be "explained"?! Well, if you need an explanation i can give it mine to you: stones+work :roll: The rest is new age crap

rote fahne

Post by rote fahne » Sat Aug 20, 2011 6:37 pm

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand

(Kurt Vonnegut)

9V

Post by 9V » Sat Aug 20, 2011 6:45 pm

"i told you not to bring your vendetta from materialism to kvr" :roll:

drewbixcube

Post by drewbixcube » Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:25 pm

9V wrote:are the pyramids to be "explained"?! They are big tombs for ancient tyrants, 100.000 slaves to build one, 20-30 years to finish it. Where is the "mistery"?! Are the colosseum or the parthenon to be "explained"?! Well, if you need an explanation i can give it mine to you: stones+work :roll: The rest is new age crap
Your opinion, and you are entitled to it. However, there is no more proof to your belief than mine. Do the pyramids need further explanation? Well, since we can't prove they were built by slaves to bury their king, how can we say for certain just what they were used for or how they were built? Wouldn't you think mankind might gain some knowledge or key insight from a more complete explanation? Why do we insist we are more intelligent than our ancient counterparts when we cannot answer these questions?
9V wrote:The ground is flat, so the Earth must be flat: flat=flat :roll: The rest is new age crap

drewbixcube

Post by drewbixcube » Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:25 pm

rote fahne wrote:Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand

(Kurt Vonnegut)
lol, thanks for that!

9V

Post by 9V » Sun Aug 21, 2011 2:40 pm

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Sun Aug 21, 2011 6:24 pm

drewbixcube wrote: Your opinion, and you are entitled to it. However, there is no more proof to your belief than mine. Do the pyramids need further explanation? Well, since we can't prove they were built by slaves to bury their king, how can we say for certain just what they were used for or how they were built? Wouldn't you think mankind might gain some knowledge or key insight from a more complete explanation? Why do we insist we are more intelligent than our ancient counterparts when we cannot answer these questions?
They say very simply that slaves built them.
They had a lot of slaves.
Why do people need to read more into it than that?

It sucks that Christianity wiped out science for hundreds of years after Rome became Christian, but what's even worse to me is modern liberals DEMAND that mankind be guided by aliens, they demand that archeologists and other people of science be proven wrong in favor of this holding up of ancient cultures as more advanced than even ours in 2011. It's this misguided and romantic image of the primitive as being the pure soul who was not only unjustly enslaved by advancing modern civilization, but who had a more robust and wholesome spiritual life. Their actions guided by aliens who not only bring science but New Age mysticism with them proving every liberals high school math teacher wrong in one fell swoop of alien shamanistic ancient wisdom on an organic platter of liberal guilt and a wise old brown person who shows them the way, so they now enlightened can convert that cheerleader to their naked pony ride......

Rant over, the youtube video starts with the premise that "ruins" in the Gulf of Cambay prove that civilization is older than we think. No scientists believe that the shards of clay in the gulf are proof of an ancient city. In fact most don't even think the shards were created by humans, but are simply natural formations, read up on it. The first bit of proof in the video is based on conjecture.

I would love it if there was proof of aliens, but there simply is not. There's plenty of proof that people can create amazing buildings, and that mankind can enslave and force people to work for them, though obviously that's not a very romantic image of the past compared to yours, I tend to want to error on the side of what is known, and what is scientifically provable over pipe dreams.

9V

Post by 9V » Sun Aug 21, 2011 6:52 pm

maybe he meant "allen", not alien :roll: