How "educated" are you?

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
djadonis206

Re: How "educated" are you?

Post by djadonis206 » Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:58 am

At first I was working towards a computer science degree. But I quickly discovered I was better at economics than Java programming
Ableton | Elektron

Music

Rationalizer

Post by Rationalizer » Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:12 pm

M.Sc from the University of Tampere (Finland). Going to start my PhD studies next year . I studied social policy and macro economics.

Would rather make music TBH :)
WIN8.1 x64 | Suite 9.5 x64 | RME FF400 | UAD-2 | Maschine 2 | SparkLE | Mopho | Blodeld | Komplete 9 | Ebony A2 | Adam A7 | Launchpad | Waves Diamond V9 | Many VSTs

Facebook | Youtube | Soundcloud | Beatport

simpleton

Post by simpleton » Tue Dec 13, 2011 2:50 am

B.S. Zoology U of Fla.

D.D.S. Northwestern University
The Leveller wrote:Wow, a weird shaped dead coral with sh!t stuck to it. Proof indeed of supernatural abilities.

nathannn

Post by nathannn » Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:57 am

high school drop out here, i have been attending community college over 3 years for a 2 year associates degree in computer network administration. i only chose this field because it was something i did before i knew there was such a ridiculously lazy job.

i dont really like school. i dont really like working for other people/company's either. in fact there is really nothing about our current civilization that i particularly enjoy. i am only hoping to save up enough money to buy land for an eco village around ann arbor and never work for anyone again.
on every job interview i lie my ass off and pretend im into making money for the company but after 90 days i become annoyed with capitalist greed and day dream of sabotaging the place.

so to the question (which i find to be completely invasive and bait for gloating) "how educated are you"
my answer: not very
The Push / Novation Launch Pad / Novation Launch Pad Pro / Novation Launch Key
/ Launch Control XL / Machine MkII / Machine Studio / BeatStep / Livid OhmRGB / Livid Code V2 / Apc 40 MKII

no computers or synths

20 Copies of Ableton Live Lite.

nathannn

Post by nathannn » Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:09 am

after thinking on this for 3 seconds i decided that if i successfully completed anything that i was really into i may also want to gloat a bit.
the only thing i have ever really been into though is music and nature.
.. and comedy.
The Push / Novation Launch Pad / Novation Launch Pad Pro / Novation Launch Key
/ Launch Control XL / Machine MkII / Machine Studio / BeatStep / Livid OhmRGB / Livid Code V2 / Apc 40 MKII

no computers or synths

20 Copies of Ableton Live Lite.

macmurphy

Post by macmurphy » Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:33 pm

i left school at 15. stupid thing to do. the only thing i'm 'officially' qualified to do is cut keys.

luckily my intelligence and winning personality have always seen me through 8)

simonlb

Post by simonlb » Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:22 pm

crumhorn wrote:What a fool I was to get distracted by a career in electronics and computing. Should have stuck to music all along - I realize that now.
I feel that a lot of the time in my electronics/computing job to be honest, but it's making me a whole lot more money than my music...

I've got a Bachelor of Engineering in Electronics with Music. Wouldn't be completely averse to the idea of doing a Masters in something if I had the time, not really keen on top of a full time job though. Currently a trainee telecoms consultant, it's OK.

Evengy

Post by Evengy » Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:34 pm

11 years school, 2 years army, 3 years education as a computer scientist and now im working as a computer scientist/consultant since 3 years. I wanna make music every (whole) day, so if i can turn back the time for maybe 20 years (im 26) i will do everything for music. I love my job but music too :D Its nice to have the money for new equipment but i wish i had more time for music than for my work.

garyd7

Post by garyd7 » Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:28 pm

3rd year of an electronic and electrical engineering bachelors degree with the possibility of doing masters depending on how well this year goes.

Might attempt designing/building some guitar pedals next summer when I have the time :D

deanthomastunes

Post by deanthomastunes » Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:55 am

Currently finishing my dissertation for Master of the Arts in Modern European History.
Progressive/Tech/Uplifting Trance
Soundcloud | Facebook | Twitter

LATEST RELEASES
BUY HERE

simonlb

Post by simonlb » Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:49 am

garyd7 wrote:3rd year of an electronic and electrical engineering bachelors degree with the possibility of doing masters depending on how well this year goes.

Might attempt designing/building some guitar pedals next summer when I have the time :D
Glasgow or Strathclyde?

crumhorn

Post by crumhorn » Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:12 am

It's Edumacated! Get it right people!
"The banjo is the perfect instrument for the antisocial."

(Allow me to plug my guitar scale visualiser thingy - www.fretlearner.com)

djadonis206

Post by djadonis206 » Thu Dec 15, 2011 5:46 pm

Rationalizer wrote:M.Sc from the University of Tampere (Finland). Going to start my PhD studies next year . I studied social policy and macro economics.

Ya, another social planner!
Ableton | Elektron

Music

Rationalizer

Post by Rationalizer » Thu Dec 15, 2011 5:50 pm

djadonis206 wrote:
Rationalizer wrote:M.Sc from the University of Tampere (Finland). Going to start my PhD studies next year . I studied social policy and macro economics.

Ya, another social planner!
Indeed. But this is no pareto-optimal situation, let me assure you :D
WIN8.1 x64 | Suite 9.5 x64 | RME FF400 | UAD-2 | Maschine 2 | SparkLE | Mopho | Blodeld | Komplete 9 | Ebony A2 | Adam A7 | Launchpad | Waves Diamond V9 | Many VSTs

Facebook | Youtube | Soundcloud | Beatport

garyd7

Post by garyd7 » Thu Dec 15, 2011 6:03 pm

Strathclyde, I take it you're at one aswell Simon?

[edit] Just seen you did electronics with music, is that at Glasgow?