Least Favorite albums of 2011.

Discussion of anything not related to audio or music production
regretfullySaid

Re: Least Favorite albums of 2011.

Post by regretfullySaid » Wed Dec 21, 2011 6:45 am

Ah, it was just a couple people.

But you forgot to rip on Chris Brown, Kanye, and Drake. Wtf.
Can't take Rolling Stone seriously.

Anyway Dave, any leasts and favorites?
ImageImage

Mint Invader

Post by Mint Invader » Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:04 am

DangerousDave wrote:
chicagorox wrote: Coldplay has officially died for me.
beats me wrote: A lot of the hardcore Linkin Park fans hated the last album because it didn’t follow their formula of rap-whine-yell-repeat, but I think the album is amazing and shows a lot of growth, maturity, and range.
Holy shit. A board full of so called "music experts" and we are talking about fucking coldplay and LINKIN FUCKING PARK? I am embarrassed for you all. No wonder anyone around here ever gets any hits, our collective taste in music has the maturity of a teenage fucking girl.
Tee Hee... He said music experts.
Because Whatever.

dhilsabeck

Post by dhilsabeck » Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:30 am

lol at the former Coldplay fans.

I recently found myself in a very surreal vortex of sub-mediocrity when I was halfway between a Kanye show, which I was leaving about halfway through, and a Coldplay show, which was by the festival's exit. It was probably the most embarrassing moment of my life.

dhilsabeck

Post by dhilsabeck » Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:37 am

And don't be so hard on Britney. "How I Roll" is one of the better pop songs of the year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNTztyRDl70

abl385

Post by abl385 » Wed Dec 21, 2011 8:43 am

chicagorox wrote:I'm afraid to say it but Coldplay has officially died for me. I thought Viva La Vida was bad enough, but their new album has a reached a new low. Everything from the actual songs to lyrics and sound production, the album stinks.
+?2

beats me

Post by beats me » Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:22 pm

Say what you want about the commercially successful artists mentioned on here, but if anybody on this forum released any of the tracks released by those artists they would get highly praised, at worst they’d get “Not my taste at all, but wow, just wow. Great work.”

simmerdown

Post by simmerdown » Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:43 pm

..interesting that the Least Fav thread thrives while the Fav Album thread dies

dhilsabeck

Post by dhilsabeck » Wed Dec 21, 2011 6:03 pm

Well, there is a whole lot of bullshit out there.

beats me

Post by beats me » Wed Dec 21, 2011 6:34 pm

simmerdown wrote:..interesting that the Least Fav thread thrives while the Fav Album thread dies

And I’ll just go ahead and speak for everybody here. Ever since all music has become easily purchasable on the internet I have no clue when albums were actually released. It’s new to me. Most of the music I bought in the last year wasn’t released in 2011.

And I’m also sure there’s a lot of a track at a time purchasers or producers that only release a track at a time or an EP.

So an entire album released in 2011 is a tall order and is more of a throwback to the old music industry.

Mint Invader

Post by Mint Invader » Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:15 pm

beats me wrote:
simmerdown wrote:..interesting that the Least Fav thread thrives while the Fav Album thread dies

And I’ll just go ahead and speak for everybody here. Ever since all music has become easily purchasable on the internet I have no clue when albums were actually released. It’s new to me. Most of the music I bought in the last year wasn’t released in 2011.

And I’m also sure there’s a lot of a track at a time purchasers or producers that only release a track at a time or an EP.

So an entire album released in 2011 is a tall order and is more of a throwback to the old music industry.
Well lets look at the new dance trend of half albums shall we. An ep plus 4 remixes = an album these days. Kill the Noise? Excision? Porter Robinson?
Because Whatever.

DangerousDave

Post by DangerousDave » Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:11 pm

dhilsabeck wrote:And don't be so hard on Britney. "How I Roll" is one of the better pop songs of the year.

Lol, she credited over 70 producers and engineers on her last album, but you're right, that one shred of Britney that seeps through is really, truly great : / Fucking 70!

(Just checked again to be sure, some of these are photographers, art directors, etc. but I would say at least 60 are music peeps.

EDIT: wait was this internet sarcasm?
Last edited by DangerousDave on Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
https://soundcloud.com/unearthproductions
beats me wrote:everybody around you thinks you’re a fucking idiot.

DangerousDave

Post by DangerousDave » Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:13 pm

shadx312 wrote: But you forgot to rip on Chris Brown, Kanye, and Drake. Wtf.
Can't take Rolling Stone seriously.
Ya, I could rip on Drake and Kanye all day. They are truly horrid in my opinion. For fucks sake Drake doesn't even "rap," he just talks slowly over some music in the background. At least Chris Brown is talented as a singer AND dancer. He happened to get on some shit songs lately, that is for sure.

DangerousDave

Post by DangerousDave » Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:20 pm

beats me wrote:Say what you want about the commercially successful artists mentioned on here, but if anybody on this forum released any of the tracks released by those artists they would get highly praised, at worst they’d get “Not my taste at all, but wow, just wow. Great work.”
Word, I haven't listened to LP since the early 2000's when I was about 11 or 12 years old, and the album seemed to be targeted at people who were my age, maybe a bit older. My point is that it is ironic that we might consider ourselves at the very least, music aficionados, hobbyists, whatever, yet here we are trying to back up artists which stereotypically get absolutely hated on for being kitsch shit. I honestly don't care what music you are into, everyone sees value in music differently, but I thought it was funny that the first few posts were like, awe man coldplay isn't good anymore! and linkin park didn't get the respect they deserve! haha it is hard to even say that last one without smiling.

lol.

regretfullySaid

Post by regretfullySaid » Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:36 pm

It was a susprising wtf but I didn't want to go there, sarcastic or not.
ImageImage

dhilsabeck

Post by dhilsabeck » Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:41 pm

No matter how "talented" Chris Brown is, all I see is an abusive asshole. He's dead to me.

Kanye is a joke. His live performance this year at the ACL festival was easily one of the most awful things I've ever witnessed. Such an enormous waste of a headlining act. If I were him I would be ashamed of myself but he's laughing all the way to the bank. And as we all know, Kanye really likes money and expensive things.
DangerousDave wrote:
dhilsabeck wrote:And don't be so hard on Britney. "How I Roll" is one of the better pop songs of the year.

Lol, she credited over 70 producers and engineers on her last album, but you're right, that one shred of Britney that seeps through is really, truly great : / Fucking 70!

(Just checked again to be sure, some of these are photographers, art directors, etc. but I would say at least 60 are music peeps.

EDIT: wait was this internet sarcasm?
No sarcasm. I think they're doing a good job protecting the franchise. If I had those resources too I would hire the best team of producers and/or purchase the rights to the best songs. Why wouldn't she? Lots of money to be made so she (and management) can't afford to fuck it up. But even as shallow as her songs are willing to go, it still seems remotely sincere, which I think is charming. I'm rooting for Britney. I think she'll be around for a while and she'll always have people waiting in line to get a break by getting a track on her album. That's why I always give a good listen to her new stuff. Truth be told, "How I Roll" was the only track I really enjoyed but I understand the success of the other more popular songs.