How many people use Ableton Live worldwide?

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
moloko001

Post by moloko001 » Mon Dec 26, 2011 5:25 am

Any ideas or intelligent gueses? I mean legally use Ableton Live. I'm just curious.

I see 56,000 members on the bottom of the Forum page. But is that registered users in the Forum? or total users that are members of Ableton.com? and how many of these people own and use Ableton?

SOO many questions!!! lol, if anyone knows im interested. Thanks in advance!

Austin

flowdesigner

Re: How many people use Ableton Live worldwide?

Post by flowdesigner » Mon Dec 26, 2011 1:32 pm

10 millions have it installed and sometimes use it? (warez included)

probably many more

ze2be

Post by ze2be » Mon Dec 26, 2011 3:03 pm

If there is 56000 members, it should be at least the double ammount of licence owners.
Say 100.000.
I know a lot of users world wide, and typically those who release tracks and perform for money use legal copies. A lot of folks who just started out, newbies, rookies, and some crack-hobbyists who likes to fool arround and test all kinds of applications without geting seriously into it. About 3 times as many.

Then there are those who use Cubase, Logic or Fruity Loops to create music, but use Live cracks when they "perform" live. They use Live on stage because its more stable then the other daws, but they dont feel its worth a purchase because they only use like 2 audio tracks to play their tracks linearly as a pre-programed set. And use hardware for the performance. These, and the rookies are the once I try to push into purchasing a licence. And ive succeded many times.

So thats 400.000 users all together. Maybe 500.000, there could be more licence owners, but I would guess less then a million users in total.

Slightlydelic

Post by Slightlydelic » Mon Dec 26, 2011 3:31 pm

theirs a video about ableton that states they have sold over 1 million copies of ableton live.

ze2be

Post by ze2be » Mon Dec 26, 2011 5:09 pm

Slightlydelic wrote:theirs a video about ableton that states they have sold over 1 million copies of ableton live.
Oh wow, thats a whole lot of users. In that case, they should be economicaly secured for the future. Upgrades alone would bring a solid income.

8O

Post by 8O » Mon Dec 26, 2011 5:53 pm

Slightlydelic wrote:theirs a video about ableton that states they have sold over 1 million copies of ableton live.
Million copies *sold* or a million *users*?
http://www.ableton.com/company wrote:There are now several hundred thousand Live users worldwide, and the number is growing fast.

Slightlydelic

Post by Slightlydelic » Mon Dec 26, 2011 10:57 pm

8O wrote:
Million copies *sold* or a million *users*?
http://www.ableton.com/company wrote:There are now several hundred thousand Live users worldwide, and the number is growing fast.
prety sure it said SOLD a million, im sure others saw the video, it was posted on the forum, thats how i saw it.

simmerdown

Post by simmerdown » Mon Dec 26, 2011 10:58 pm

...at least 6 that i know of

Styles Bitchly

Post by Styles Bitchly » Tue Dec 27, 2011 4:03 am

There are exactly 6,123 paid license units of which 2,734 are actively installed of which 532 are currently up to date with the latest patch/version releases of which exactly 127 installs are being used to make some form of music of which 3 forms are actually somewhat listenable.

abl385

Post by abl385 » Tue Dec 27, 2011 6:43 pm

The two facebook fanpages have more than 150k fans each if this means anything. Then again most Windows users are not paying for it and not all of the fans necessarily own Live.

Tagor

Post by Tagor » Thu Feb 19, 2015 6:55 am

in 2015 it properly doubled ?

since phasebook conquer`s the world and countries in africa or other former 3world countries
buy a lot of outranged electronic garbage, it will go quick and the music-market will be blown
away from a lot bedroomproducers if they manage to install XP and work with solarcells)...
just look at soundcloud and there will be very vesatile input from very different cultures..

already there are vst`s on the market of rare goat-violin-pipe ethnic instruments you have never heard of
and hopefully the input from that countries will enflourish the whole thing.

damn that boring radio-broadcasters playing since 20 Years always the same tracks...
they are criminals in my opinion.

why must i listen each day at minimum one michael jackson track when the radio is turned on ?
or alice cooper and the girly-armada out there .. yea madonna made some cute tracks (did she ?)
but there is no reason to play all the time that mainstream music which is in 80% outdated for over years.

How many people use ableton worlwide (in a creative way) ? for sure not madonna - hung up folks :D

TomViolenz

Post by TomViolenz » Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:30 am

8O

That's some rambling my good friend :lol:

I wonder though, that one million copies sold. Is that for one version of Live (that would be kind of impressive) or for all of them?!

Then there are those who use Cubase, Logic or Fruity Loops to create music, but use Live cracks when they "perform" live. They use Live on stage because its more stable then the other daws, but they dont feel its worth a purchase because they only use like 2 audio tracks to play their tracks linearly as a pre-programed set.
That's what Intro is for and not spending these 90 bucks is really stingy. Especially since you nowadays get a free copy with almost any Midi controller you buy anyways.

I have about 5 copies of Intro now laying around(some still Live 8 ), I wish there would be a way to accumulate the licenses and exchange them for Live 10 Standard when it comes out 8)