PROMETHEUS

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
shuutobi

Re: PROMETHEUS

Post by shuutobi » Thu Dec 29, 2011 8:48 am

My interpretation is this:
  • The ship is the same type as the derelict ship from Aliens.
  • The Mala'kak driver/bomber chair is shown with a Mala'kak sized humanoid Alien off to the right.
  • The bio wep payload in that ship doesn't have Xenomorph Facehugger Eggs, instead it has some containers with something else in them.
  • These containers might contain a construct of the Mala'kak, possibly a Facehugger like creature with Mala'kak ties/dna meant for a similar task.
  • The humanoid Alien shown might be the result of one of the creatures impregnating a human... So "Human/Mala'kak" possibly.
  • The humanoid Alien could also be THE canon Mala'kak w/o "armor," given that the Mala'kak (Space Jockey) we all know is just in a suit and fossilized.
  • The humanoid Alien could be on a mission to find homo-sapiens and eradicate them with some other Facehugger like creature as mention before, in order to replace them with a Mala'kak breed as the next step in the "evolution," of their kind.
  • There are only non-canon images of the Mala'kak, so up to Scott, they could look like anything.

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:19 pm

beats me wrote:I went to check out the trailer but it told me I have to install QuickTime. I'm on a Mac FFS. I can't even check my email without it firing up QuickTime in the background. I did a system update check and there's nothing related to QuickTime. FFS. :x

I've been noticing Quicktime weirdness as well with trailers. Go to the iTunes trailer site and try to watch the new Batman trailer. Tell me if it works. I just get a question mark symbol over a Quicktime symbol.

:x
I came for the :lol:
But stayed for the :x

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:24 pm

shuutobi wrote:My interpretation is this:
  • The ship is the same type as the derelict ship from Aliens.
  • The Mala'kak driver/bomber chair is shown with a Mala'kak sized humanoid Alien off to the right.
  • The bio wep payload in that ship doesn't have Xenomorph Facehugger Eggs, instead it has some containers with something else in them.
  • These containers might contain a construct of the Mala'kak, possibly a Facehugger like creature with Mala'kak ties/dna meant for a similar task.
  • The humanoid Alien shown might be the result of one of the creatures impregnating a human... So "Human/Mala'kak" possibly.
  • The humanoid Alien could also be THE canon Mala'kak w/o "armor," given that the Mala'kak (Space Jockey) we all know is just in a suit and fossilized.
  • The humanoid Alien could be on a mission to find homo-sapiens and eradicate them with some other Facehugger like creature as mention before, in order to replace them with a Mala'kak breed as the next step in the "evolution," of their kind.
  • There are only non-canon images of the Mala'kak, so up to Scott, they could look like anything.

A very nice interpretation. :x

I'm hoping for a Lovecraft type main plot - where we find out that humans are simply the result of an experiment gone wrong, and that it's time to wipe us out. The Xenomorphs might be the way in which to make that happen; not only for humans but many other races that have been 'seeded' by the Mala'kak. lol.

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:43 pm

Agreed that what's in the metal egg canisters might not be the facehuggers as we know them. However..... 8O When the dude is lifting up the contents if you look closely you can clearly see some sort of ribbed spine. 8O I'm thinking these are creepy crawling things, but that they infect in a different way; not impregnating but actually doing something to transform the host into something else. Quite a few shots showing astronauts with skin changes and such. :x

The dude next to the Space Jockey chair...yes, very interesting. I'm hoping that's not the Mala'kak. Not nearly bizarre enough - too humanoid. Also hoping that the Space Jockey isn't in some kind of bio suit, and that you're in fact looking at more of their actual form. 8O I've always loved the notion that the Jockey is some kind of alien with a massive Exoskeleton. THAT's cool. Also loved the idea that the Jockey and chair have fused together over time - where does one begin and the other end? The notion of that humanoid being just slipping into a suit: meh.

Love the speculation going on with this film. One thing is clear and promising: The Space Jockey died as a result of a chest burster. heh.

shuutobi

Post by shuutobi » Thu Dec 29, 2011 2:01 pm

LoopStationZebra wrote: One thing is clear and promising: The Space Jockey died as a result of a chest burster. heh.
Yep, oh the dangers of war... lol.

Check this deleted scene, supposedly of the Mala'kak, although they say "small" planet. I wouldn't think large creatures would come from a small planet. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_VnoLyrfdY

shuutobi

Post by shuutobi » Thu Dec 29, 2011 2:06 pm

beats me wrote:I went to check out the trailer but it told me I have to install QuickTime. I'm on a Mac FFS. I can't even check my email without it firing up QuickTime in the background. I did a system update check and there's nothing related to QuickTime. FFS. :x
In case you never got it to work:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XIPlqEcfyhg&hd=1

Switch it to 1080p...

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Thu Dec 29, 2011 2:20 pm

shuutobi wrote:
LoopStationZebra wrote: One thing is clear and promising: The Space Jockey died as a result of a chest burster. heh.

Check this deleted scene, supposedly of the Mala'kak, although they say "small" planet. I wouldn't think large creatures would come from a small planet. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_VnoLyrfdY

Yeah, love that scene. It's in my box set. I think the transmission is coming from the derelict on LV-426 and not the Mala'kak homeworld. :)

It was criminal to leave out the scene with Dallas pinned to the wall. :x

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Thu Dec 29, 2011 2:28 pm

Also wondering about LV-426. In Alien and Aliens, it's a wretched place filled with windstorms and rain and fog. lol. In the scenes for Prometheus, everything looks very clear and tranquil. Wonder why? Different seasons? Maybe the atmosphere is changed as a further warning?

And what IS the significance of that huge human head statue?

Hmm.

supamonsta

Post by supamonsta » Thu Dec 29, 2011 5:29 pm

can't wait to get much deeper in this debut aspects :D

shuutobi

Post by shuutobi » Thu Dec 29, 2011 8:08 pm

LoopStationZebra wrote:
shuutobi wrote:

Yeah, love that scene. It's in my box set. I think the transmission is coming from the derelict on LV-426 and not the Mala'kak homeworld. :)

It was criminal to leave out the scene with Dallas pinned to the wall. :x
Gotcha.

shuutobi

Post by shuutobi » Thu Dec 29, 2011 8:11 pm

LoopStationZebra wrote:Also wondering about LV-426. In Alien and Aliens, it's a wretched place filled with windstorms and rain and fog. lol. In the scenes for Prometheus, everything looks very clear and tranquil. Wonder why? Different seasons? Maybe the atmosphere is changed as a further warning?

And what IS the significance of that huge human head statue?

Hmm.

Not the same planet, not the same ship.

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:13 pm

shuutobi wrote:Not the same planet, not the same ship.

GODDAMNIT. THAT BETTER NOT BE THE CASE.

Have you read anything about that?

beats me

Post by beats me » Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:33 pm

LoopStationZebra wrote:

Climate change is a myth. :x

shuutobi

Post by shuutobi » Fri Dec 30, 2011 12:07 am

LoopStationZebra wrote:

No just assuming since the the atmosphere, terrain, and ship are different. (Ship in some ways)

shuutobi

Post by shuutobi » Fri Dec 30, 2011 12:19 am

beats me wrote:
LoopStationZebra wrote:

Climate change is a myth. :x
Climate change is real, anthropogenic climate change is highly doubtful. Cue climategate.