PROMETHEUS

Discussion of anything not related to audio or music production
Mint Invader

Re: PROMETHEUS

Post by Mint Invader » Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:13 pm

beatmunga wrote:
ikeaboy wrote:
stringtapper wrote:Kyle Reese is John Connor's father.
Bruce Willis is a ghost
The ship gets hit by an Iceberg

And the bad guy turns out not to have KILLED the good guy's dad many years ago, but to actually BE the good guy's dad all along!
AND he caused all of the terrorist acts because his bones are weak as glass and he was looking for a super hero.
Because Whatever.

beatmunga

Post by beatmunga » Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:32 pm

Mint Invader wrote:
beatmunga wrote:
ikeaboy wrote: Bruce Willis is a ghost
The ship gets hit by an Iceberg

And the bad guy turns out not to have KILLED the good guy's dad many years ago, but to actually BE the good guy's dad all along!
AND he caused all of the terrorist acts because his bones are weak as glass and he was looking for a super hero.
And the 'Rosebud' thing he keeps going on about turns out to be a shitty old sledge.
mendeldrive wrote:NOBODY designs their own sounds... There is ZERO point in reinventing the wheel.

JuanSOLO

Post by JuanSOLO » Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:30 pm

I thought it was cool how the new trailers are a throwback to the original.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEVY_lonKf4

but yeah, I feel like they are giving too much away, hopefully they are doing that on purpose in a misguiding kind of way.

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:34 pm

:x

The shitty old sled was in fact made by Kobayashi, the same company that made the porcelain cup which our crippled bad guy used as part of an intricate ploy to fake out the cops

I came for the :lol:
But stayed for the :x

ikeaboy

Post by ikeaboy » Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:07 pm

So the super cool anarchist is just a function of the nerdy guys descent into insanity?.... OK... And the anarchist guy persona that we thought was cool isn't cool at all in fact he must be stopped?? You sure about that?

beatmunga

Post by beatmunga » Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:15 pm

I'd heard that before he's killed he asks this guy to go and look up his girlfriend, a nightclub singer, as a favour. So the guy does and kind of likes her and takes her home and she undresses only to reveal that she has a John Thomas!
mendeldrive wrote:NOBODY designs their own sounds... There is ZERO point in reinventing the wheel.

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:18 pm

beatmunga wrote:I'd heard that before he's killed he asks this guy to go and look up his girlfriend, a nightclub singer, as a favour. So the guy does and kind of likes her and takes her home and she undresses only to reveal that she has a John Thomas!
Then in despair he takes to the open road and finds himself holed up in a farmhouse; fighting zombies with a bunch of white people. In a delicious irony, he alone survies but is shot by the hillbillies at the end - who take him for another zombie - a clever play on race issues!

I came for the :lol:
But stayed for the :x

beatmunga

Post by beatmunga » Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:52 pm

LoopStationZebra wrote:
beatmunga wrote:I'd heard that before he's killed he asks this guy to go and look up his girlfriend, a nightclub singer, as a favour. So the guy does and kind of likes her and takes her home and she undresses only to reveal that she has a John Thomas!
Then in despair he takes to the open road and finds himself holed up in a farmhouse; fighting zombies with a bunch of white people. In a delicious irony, he alone survies but is shot by the hillbillies at the end - who take him for another zombie - a clever play on race issues!

The thing is that the whole zombie attack is actually just a scene in an elaborately staged global TV show which in itself is a front for...

Oh, hang on... don't want to spoil it.

simpleton

Post by simpleton » Fri May 04, 2012 2:24 am

beatmunga wrote:
The thing is that the whole zombie attack is actually just a scene in an elaborately staged global TV show which in itself is a front for...
The green slime?
The Leveller wrote:Wow, a weird shaped dead coral with sh!t stuck to it. Proof indeed of supernatural abilities.

Pitch Black

Post by Pitch Black » Fri May 04, 2012 2:38 am

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Maaaaan... you guys DEEP!

Styles Bitchly

Post by Styles Bitchly » Fri May 04, 2012 3:46 am

Me and a couple of buds were invited by some L.A. entertainment VIPs to see a private screening of it earlier today up at a studio off of Mullholland. :D

Pitch Black

Post by Pitch Black » Fri May 04, 2012 4:13 am

@Styles
LoopStationZebra wrote:...a guy's seen a rough cut, and says something to the effect of 'if you've think you've seen or figured out the movie based on the trailers, you haven't. You've no idea what's in store'.
Sooooo......?

Styles Bitchly

Post by Styles Bitchly » Fri May 04, 2012 4:24 am

Pitch Black wrote:@Styles
LoopStationZebra wrote:...a guy's seen a rough cut, and says something to the effect of 'if you've think you've seen or figured out the movie based on the trailers, you haven't. You've no idea what's in store'.
Sooooo......?
I'm good for a righteous Poop Stain joke, but I'm not going to ruin anything for you guys on this one. Pony up the $10 on Fandango and git yer tikitz for the opening. :wink:

Pitch Black

Post by Pitch Black » Fri May 04, 2012 4:41 am

I guess what I'm asking is: true or false re: knowing what its about from the trailer... do we have no clue about the movie?

I bloody hope so!! and will be plunking down my $$ for IMAX as near to opening day as poss. :)

ikeaboy

Post by ikeaboy » Fri May 04, 2012 12:09 pm

Styles Bitchly wrote:Me and a couple of buds were invited by some L.A. entertainment VIPs to see a private screening of it earlier today up at a studio off of Mullholland. :D
I hate you now :(