speak of the devil

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
earthloop

speak of the devil

Post by earthloop » Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:45 pm

I just had to post this. I am just loving this track...and the video. (edit...please wait for the usual adverstisement to finish ... :x )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tb_Ogb0zzhA

Once I played it I haven't been able to stop. Play it twice and you will be hooked. Notice how they have gathered some of the local kids off the streets together to perform in the clip...showing how talented our Aussie kids are. :D :D :D :D

P.S. Hermitude are fantastic. Check out their other vids on UTube
Last edited by earthloop on Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

earthloop

Re: speak of the devil

Post by earthloop » Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:23 pm

Aussie Hip Hop...is there a distinctive Aussie style? Apart from the accent of course. In the past I have not been a big fan of hip hop outside of wonderful artists like Lauren Hill (whatever happened to her?) and similar artists. In recent years though I have slowly warmed to hip hop produced by Australian artists such a The Hilltop Hoods, The Herd, Bliss n Esso, Pez and Drapht... there are lots more!

I have become interested in hip hop as made in Australia because it is very much about social comment and rooted in local culture. The big difference between American hip hop and Australian hip hop seems to be that there is no emphasis on race. Most hip hop artists here are white...an interesting thing which invites some comment re the meaning of hip hop culture generally.

Just thought I would say this to add some clarity to why I posted a hip hop track link here. In Australia it seems that there is a connection between the (very musical) styles made here and earlier American styles as demonstrated by Lauren Hill/The Fugees etc.

Cheers (and a belated happy new year :D )

Machinate

Post by Machinate » Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:50 pm

earthloop wrote:wonderful artists like Lauren Hill (whatever happened to her?)
drugs. Of course, one might say.

Apparently she's back, and getting good reviews for touring with a show playing the entire An Education album, which is pretty baller, tbh.
mbp 2.66, osx 10.6.8, 8GB ram.

Machinate

Post by Machinate » Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:55 pm

"Choreographed by Sisqo"
th-thong-th-thong-thong-thong indeed.

Nice song. Great video. Very cheerful.
mbp 2.66, osx 10.6.8, 8GB ram.

starving student

Post by starving student » Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:02 am

earthloop wrote:Aussie Hip Hop...is there a distinctive Aussie style? Apart from the accent of course. In the past I have not been a big fan of hip hop outside of wonderful artists like Lauren Hill (whatever happened to her?) and similar artists. In recent years though I have slowly warmed to hip hop produced by Australian artists such a The Hilltop Hoods, The Herd, Bliss n Esso, Pez and Drapht... there are lots more!

I have become interested in hip hop as made in Australia because it is very much about social comment and rooted in local culture. The big difference between American hip hop and Australian hip hop seems to be that there is no emphasis on race. Most hip hop artists here are white...an interesting thing which invites some comment re the meaning of hip hop culture generally.

Just thought I would say this to add some clarity to why I posted a hip hop track link here. In Australia it seems that there is a connection between the (very musical) styles made here and earlier American styles as demonstrated by Lauren Hill/The Fugees etc.

the meaning of hiphop culture has always been unity, at least that is how we understand it here in america. those who say otherwise have been those
trying to use the power that hiphop generates to make one listen for the sake of dividing people. division is decidedly not hiphop and has never been so from day one.

nice vid

DuncanCox

Post by DuncanCox » Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:07 pm

earthloop wrote:I just had to post this. I am just loving this track...and the video. (edit...please wait for the usual adverstisement to finish ... :x )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tb_Ogb0zzhA

Once I played it I haven't been able to stop. Play it twice and you will be hooked. Notice how they have gathered some of the local kids off the streets together to perform in the clip...showing how talented our Aussie kids are. :D :D :D :D

P.S. Hermitude are fantastic. Check out their other vids on UTube

Absolutely this track is amazing. Now I am fan of this man.

Komodovaran

Post by Komodovaran » Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:38 pm

The video/choreography style was awesome.

earthloop

Post by earthloop » Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:19 pm

starving student wrote: the meaning of hiphop culture has always been unity, at least that is how we understand it here in america.
Yeah that is how I have always seen hip hop. I think that is what I see in hip hop here. At least that is what I was trying to say :lol:

OptionCommand

Post by OptionCommand » Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:40 pm

These dudes are from my town! I've always liked what they do.

dredd i knight

Post by dredd i knight » Sat Jan 07, 2012 3:22 am

starving student wrote:
earthloop wrote:Aussie Hip Hop...is there a distinctive Aussie style? Apart from the accent of course. In the past I have not been a big fan of hip hop outside of wonderful artists like Lauren Hill (whatever happened to her?) and similar artists. In recent years though I have slowly warmed to hip hop produced by Australian artists such a The Hilltop Hoods, The Herd, Bliss n Esso, Pez and Drapht... there are lots more!

the meaning of hiphop culture has always been unity, at least that is how we understand it here in america. those who say otherwise have been those
trying to use the power that hiphop generates to make one listen for the sake of dividing people. division is decidedly not hiphop and has never been so from day one.

nice vid
word.
Havent heard Hermitude for a while... cool track; I miss oz man... although I'll be there in march for a friends wedding, cant wait! beats rain in london hands down :P

auto-lock

Post by auto-lock » Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:21 pm

I love this, thanks for sharing.