Drunken Post

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
LOFA

Post by LOFA » Mon Jan 16, 2006 8:44 am

Right here I got a Brooklyn Brewery, Black Choclate Stout- Mmmmm.

I really want to try mead sometime. What country would I visit to do such a thing?

hambone1

Post by hambone1 » Mon Jan 16, 2006 8:46 am

England, 400 years ago!

Actually, there's a place near me who do medieval banquets. Busty wenches serving mead, whole chickens, no knives & forks, etc, while court jesters and musicians wander around.

LOFA

Post by LOFA » Mon Jan 16, 2006 9:03 am

Ah hah! A good lead! Thanks!

Pitch Black

Post by Pitch Black » Mon Jan 16, 2006 10:25 am

hambone1 wrote:England, 400 years ago!

Actually, there's a place near me who do medieval banquets. Busty wenches serving mead, whole chickens, no knives & forks, etc, while court jesters and musicians wander around.
Have you seen the movie "Garden State". Very funny bit with a "Fast Food Knight" a la ^^^^^ :D (Good soundtrack too!)

forge

Post by forge » Mon Jan 16, 2006 1:17 pm

LOFA wrote:Right here I got a Brooklyn Brewery, Black Choclate Stout- Mmmmm.

I really want to try mead sometime. What country would I visit to do such a thing?
get yourself a home brew kit - it's so easy....there's loads of stuff on the net about "historic brewing techniques" including medieval recipies, but thing with alot of olde english Ale is they used to drink it fresh - after about 4 days fermenting even

all mead is is a type of ale with honey used as one of the sugars, the ale I'm on at the moment is all malt, dry malt for most of the brewing sugar and it was so easy to make, helped alot by the climate here I think...

ale yeast is the easiest yeast to use in brewing so making ale is the easiest of all beers - fortunately I'm really into ale rather than lager and because there are no english style real ales in australia I'm brewing my own, and it's surprising how much just drinking a "fresh" beer that hasnt even been primed in bottles tastes well on the way...and it's so cheap.

you can make 40 pints (48 US pints) for about fifteen bucks Australian

BTW, what is a US pint? how many mls? A UK pint is 568mls

udp

Post by udp » Mon Jan 16, 2006 3:47 pm

Ok, all I had was a 12 oz bottle which said it was 355 ml. So dividing 355 by 12 to get ml per oz then multiplying by 16 I get 473.33 ml per US pint. Seeing that the UK pint is 568ml, I'd rather have a UK pint. cheers!
OS X.5 MacBook Core 2Duo 2.2ghz, 2Gig RAM Mackie Onyx 400F m-audio BX8's, Oxygen 8, Zoom H-4, Alesis Masterlink, Bitstream 3x
http://www.udpmusic.com

LOFA

Post by LOFA » Mon Jan 16, 2006 4:01 pm

I used a random conversion table online. It looks like there are about 473.11ml in one US pint. However, it's not the size but...

forge

Post by forge » Tue Jan 17, 2006 12:11 am

LOFA wrote:I used a random conversion table online. It looks like there are about 473.11ml in one US pint. However, it's not the size but...
but what..how watery it is?

if I ever make it to the states one of you guys will have to direct me to a good american beer, I certainly havent yet had the pleasure! :P :lol:

LOFA

Post by LOFA » Tue Jan 17, 2006 6:00 am

I promise you right now, that although I have bartended for years, I would delegate the responsibliity to my brother-from-another-mother, who is an irish cop and has been to all of the speak easy's in NYC since he was a tot. And, if he modestly passed on the responsibility to one of his favorite bartenders, it would be purely an act of conviction.

What I'm trying to say is- whatever it takes, I am sure that many of us have got your back.

forge

Post by forge » Tue Jan 17, 2006 8:55 am

LOFA wrote:I promise you right now, that although I have bartended for years, I would delegate the responsibliity to my brother-from-another-mother, who is an irish cop and has been to all of the speak easy's in NYC since he was a tot. And, if he modestly passed on the responsibility to one of his favorite bartenders, it would be purely an act of conviction.

What I'm trying to say is- whatever it takes, I am sure that many of us have got your back.
nope..still dont understand even with the 2nd "what I'm trying to say" sentence - what are you talking about?? :?

eyeknow

Post by eyeknow » Tue Jan 17, 2006 9:00 am

This is kinda a drunken post...........I don't drink much so when I do (like tonight) it hits me pretty hard............

sweetjesus

Post by sweetjesus » Tue Jan 17, 2006 9:19 am

eyeknow wrote:This is kinda a drunken post...........I don't drink much so when I do (like tonight) it hits me pretty hard............
i dont drink much beer, but i do have to say after seeing this post im gonna go and grab one.

eyeknow

Post by eyeknow » Tue Jan 17, 2006 10:54 am

lol!

Don't over do it man............I had an "old school" jd & 7 and it pretty much kicked my ass..........I'll wait about another hour before bed........just to make sure I don't "fell it" tomarrow.......

dirtystudios

Post by dirtystudios » Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:15 am

i can't believe i'm doing this again...letter by painfully slow letter.

Drunk yet again,
WTF else is new?
Champagne and scotch leaves me totally screwed.

Honestly...do you people even know what the word "intervention" means?

k

forge

Post by forge » Thu Feb 02, 2006 12:31 pm

dirtystudios wrote:i can't believe i'm doing this again...letter by painfully slow letter.

Drunk yet again,
WTF else is new?
Champagne and scotch leaves me totally screwed.

Honestly...do you people even know what the word "intervention" means?

k
erm..given the frequency of these postings I wouldnt be too worried you have a problem

brewing your own beer and drinking half of it before it even makes it into the bottles - that's a problem