kinda miss the days when...

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
simmerdown

kinda miss the days when...

Post by simmerdown » Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:55 pm

...when i could just listen to music and enjoy it

not try to dissect it, figure out how a sound was made, or what the drum pattern would look like in drumracks, or how the vocal.....

caught myself doing this to Shine On You Crazy Diamond, and was like shit! stop that and just enjoy!...but i cant seem to feel for it like i did before...

yeh i kinda miss that
Last edited by simmerdown on Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

LoopStationZebra

Re: kinda miss the days when...

Post by LoopStationZebra » Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:00 pm

I miss transfat. And smoking in public. And Liberty. And pubic hair. And Rock n Roll.

:x
I came for the :lol:
But stayed for the :x

Mint Invader

Post by Mint Invader » Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:17 pm

Lol the worst is when shows become less fun unless your playing... thats always a downer.
Because Whatever.

Mint Invader

Post by Mint Invader » Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:17 pm

Course the "alcoholism" helps there.
Because Whatever.

simmerdown

Post by simmerdown » Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:02 pm

did something happen to pubes when i was not paying attention?

beats me

Post by beats me » Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:07 pm

simmerdown wrote:...when i could just listen to music and enjoy it

not try to dissect it, figure out how a sound was made, or what the drum pattern would look like in drumracks, or how the vocal.....

caught myself doing this to Shine On You Crazy Diamond, and was like shit! stop that and just enjoy!...but i can seem to feel for it like i did before...

yeh i kinda miss that

This is also the first step in hating on people for liking pop music. Sure nobody on here could produce a quality pop track and songs with melodies, distinct changes, and viral vocal hooks are of little interest here, but we could tell you exactly what the producer did within a couple listens. If there’s not enough mystery meat in a song IT’S SHIT! :x

Mint Invader

Post by Mint Invader » Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:11 pm

beats me wrote: If there’s not enough mystery meat in a song IT’S SHIT! :x
My major pitfall.
Because Whatever.

Rave

Post by Rave » Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:18 pm

beats me wrote:

caught myself doing this to Shine On You Crazy Diamond, and was like shit! stop that and just enjoy!...but i can seem to feel for it like i did before...

yeh i kinda miss that

This is also the first step in hating on people for liking pop music. Sure nobody on here could produce a quality pop track and songs with melodies, distinct changes, and viral vocal hooks are of little interest here, but we could tell you exactly what the producer did within a couple listens. If there’s not enough mystery meat in a song IT’S SHIT! :x

I can do melodies but I can't keep the same riff going for 7 minutes without being repetitive. Horses for courses I guess. But then again I don't consider myself a producer.

beats me

Post by beats me » Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:18 pm

Funny pube related banter I heard on a podcast on the way to work this morning.

Dude 1: If you were going to get a prison blow job wouldn’t you want it from the dude that has a mustache so it sort of feels like a chick down there?

Dude 2: WTF is wrong with you? Chick’s either have a little patch or strip down there. It’s nothing like a dude’s mustache!

Dude 1: Then I need to tell my wife she’s been shaving it all wrong.

Dude 3: My wife has this whole Fu Manchu thing going on down there.

THAT’S COMEDY! :x

simmerdown

Post by simmerdown » Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:20 pm

thats why i follow the digital roadkill meatwagon

but, this doesnt leave me hating anything, just..... :|

(crosstyping beatsme LMFAO, haha)

Komodovaran

Post by Komodovaran » Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:24 am

simmerdown wrote:not try to dissect it, figure out how a sound was made, or what the drum pattern would look like in drumracks, or how the vocal.....
I always do this, mostly because living where I do, I have to stand in the freezing cold and wait for up to 30 minutes for the train to arrive, only to take a 45 minute ride home. If I couldn't dissect music and drool over the same loop for 7 minutes, my brain would shrink and wither away. :x

aisling

Post by aisling » Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:54 am

yeh i kinda miss that
I feel you. I have been going through a similar experience. In my case, I stumbled into the new Americana and folk scene, letting go of the music and it's technicality for a while, and contemplating more on the social messages of class, civil rights, in addition to heartbreak, that these songs typically address. Very full circle, I almost have deja-vue of the years as a teenager spending hours un-rythmically ruining/playing led Zeppelin, yes, floyd, and Neil young songs on my acoustic guitar, until the sobering truth that I can't play other peoples music very well, and I should make my own, set in.

Currently digging the civil wars
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ooTyuRd9zSg
http://soundcloud.com/aislingbeing

Live, Reason, Moog sub phatty, Moog sub 37, Ozone 6, guitars, Pedals, proper ergonomic sitting posture, french pressed coffee with a pinch of cardamon.

regretfullySaid

Post by regretfullySaid » Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:41 am

Praise Jeebus
ImageImage

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:45 am

I sort of had that same revelation, and had an experience that flipped it around for me:

http://tarekith.com/we-hear-different/

regretfullySaid

Post by regretfullySaid » Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:08 am

Pot had a central role in this for me when I was new to it. Sure I always loved listening to music, but the "details" I didn't hear until I smoked and a focus came into play. It was like a whole new world opened up.

Maybe it's like a person who becomes blind and they hear the nuances they've always overlooked; at the same time they may have lost an objective view. It's nice if you're able to shift between both perspectives...sometimes an altered state of mind can provide some assistance.
ImageImage