ok, the Ron Paul is letting me down thread :(..

Discussion of anything not related to audio or music production
Machinesworking
Posts: 11124
Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2004 9:30 pm
Location: Seattle

Re: ok, the Ron Paul is letting me down thread :(..

Post by Machinesworking » Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:04 pm

beats me wrote:Please summarize the following:

What Ron Paul stances are we wooting about?

And then he totally loses his grasp of reality with?
I'm mostly for his foreign policy stance, for some of the same reasons, not all. I like his stance on drugs.

After that it's all la la land, he thinks the world is 10,000 years old, doesn't believe in evolution, thinks abortion is murder, and thinks that corporations need no government intervention, that the economy will somehow impress a moral structure on greed, and that the environment needs zero protection from corporations.

beats me
Posts: 23319
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2007 6:39 pm

Re: ok, the Ron Paul is letting me down thread :(..

Post by beats me » Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:13 am

Machinesworking wrote:
beats me wrote:Please summarize the following:

What Ron Paul stances are we wooting about?

And then he totally loses his grasp of reality with?
I'm mostly for his foreign policy stance, for some of the same reasons, not all. I like his stance on drugs.

After that it's all la la land, he thinks the world is 10,000 years old, doesn't believe in evolution, thinks abortion is murder, and thinks that corporations need no government intervention, that the economy will somehow impress a moral structure on greed, and that the environment needs zero protection from corporations.
8O

Amazing how so many people feel he's the answer mostly just based on him not wanting our troops on foreign soil.

starving student
Posts: 7123
Joined: Thu Dec 09, 2004 6:13 pm
Location: right here

Re: ok, the Ron Paul is letting me down thread :(..

Post by starving student » Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:30 am

i like his stance on war as well, the only problem is that while he doesn't want our troops on foreign soil his favorite movie is probably mad max, he wants america to turn into the thunderdome

stringtapper
Posts: 6276
Joined: Sat Aug 28, 2004 6:21 pm

Re: ok, the Ron Paul is letting me down thread :(..

Post by stringtapper » Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:49 pm

starving student wrote:his favorite movie is probably mad max, he wants america to turn into the thunderdome
And this is a bad thing?

:x
Unsound Designer

regretfullySaid
Posts: 8913
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:50 pm

Re: ok, the Ron Paul is letting me down thread :(..

Post by regretfullySaid » Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:38 pm

I was pretty ignorant about Ron Paul until reading his past connections (or still ongoing?) last week, and I used to root for him. Pretty disappointing.

I'm like this:
I'm mostly for his foreign policy stance, for some of the same reasons, not all. I like his stance on drugs.

After that it's all la la land, he thinks the world is 10,000 years old, doesn't believe in evolution, thinks abortion is murder, and thinks that corporations need no government intervention, that the economy will somehow impress a moral structure on greed, and that the environment needs zero protection from corporations.
Though I'm betting he's just using the intelligent design card since that's where a lot of his funding comes from, not that it matters...
Last edited by regretfullySaid on Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage

razorblade
Posts: 324
Joined: Sun Jul 11, 2010 4:37 pm

Re: ok, the Ron Paul is letting me down thread :(..

Post by razorblade » Wed Jan 25, 2012 5:47 pm

beats me wrote:
Amazing how so many people feel he's the answer mostly just based on him not wanting our troops on foreign soil.
Yet he is more than willing to support and fund corporate contract mercenaries like Blackwater to do the job.
No...I am 3phase!

LoopStationZebra
Posts: 10586
Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2009 5:57 pm
Contact:

Re: ok, the Ron Paul is letting me down thread :(..

Post by LoopStationZebra » Thu Jan 26, 2012 4:26 pm

:x
Last edited by LoopStationZebra on Thu Jan 26, 2012 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I came for the :lol:
But stayed for the :x

LoopStationZebra
Posts: 10586
Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2009 5:57 pm
Contact:

Re: ok, the Ron Paul is letting me down thread :(..

Post by LoopStationZebra » Thu Jan 26, 2012 4:27 pm

stringtapper wrote:
starving student wrote:his favorite movie is probably mad max, he wants america to turn into the thunderdome
And this is a bad thing?

:x

Finally some fucking sanity and truth in this thread.

:x
I came for the :lol:
But stayed for the :x

starving student
Posts: 7123
Joined: Thu Dec 09, 2004 6:13 pm
Location: right here

Re: ok, the Ron Paul is letting me down thread :(..

Post by starving student » Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:23 am

LoopStationZebra wrote:
stringtapper wrote:
starving student wrote:his favorite movie is probably mad max, he wants america to turn into the thunderdome
And this is a bad thing?

:x

Finally some fucking sanity and truth in this thread.

:x
nothing wrong with leveling the earth if you have to, just level the playing field first :mrgreen:

Machinesworking
Posts: 11124
Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2004 9:30 pm
Location: Seattle

Re: ok, the Ron Paul is letting me down thread :(..

Post by Machinesworking » Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:28 pm

Image

regretfullySaid
Posts: 8913
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:50 pm

Re: ok, the Ron Paul is letting me down thread :(..

Post by regretfullySaid » Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:33 pm

:lol:
----------------------------------
Gingrich looks like both the evil guy who strokes a fat mean cat and the fat mean cat he is stroking.
Always enjoy that one night of the year when Obama acts like the President I thought I voted for. Very inspiring.
ImageImage

LoopStationZebra
Posts: 10586
Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2009 5:57 pm
Contact:

Re: ok, the Ron Paul is letting me down thread :(..

Post by LoopStationZebra » Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:32 pm

NOW we're talkin' !

Image
I came for the :lol:
But stayed for the :x

LoopStationZebra
Posts: 10586
Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2009 5:57 pm
Contact:

Re: ok, the Ron Paul is letting me down thread :(..

Post by LoopStationZebra » Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:45 pm

Fucking AWESOME.

ImageImage
I came for the :lol:
But stayed for the :x

starving student
Posts: 7123
Joined: Thu Dec 09, 2004 6:13 pm
Location: right here

Re: ok, the Ron Paul is letting me down thread :(..

Post by starving student » Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:37 pm

I hear the newt doll is only going to be sold in sex toy shops

regretfullySaid
Posts: 8913
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:50 pm

Re: ok, the Ron Paul is letting me down thread :(..

Post by regretfullySaid » Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:52 pm

Sex shops should have their own politician section if they already don't...I imagine someone somwhere wants a wife of Anthony Weiner blow-up doll, too, so let's not forget "involved parties" /shudder
ImageImage

Post Reply