The Brains behind NI starts his own company!

Discussion of anything not related to audio or music production
dokx
Posts: 98
Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:32 am

Re: The Brains behind NI starts his own company!

Post by dokx » Thu May 10, 2012 1:31 pm

BLTNUSR wrote: And let's not even bring up the Kore fiasco, who assured hundreds if not thousands of NI customers won't ever spend a dime on NI's products ever again.
I'm pretty sure that a lot of those people you are talking about bought Maschine.

BLTNUSR
Posts: 12
Joined: Thu May 10, 2012 11:07 am

Re: The Brains behind NI starts his own company!

Post by BLTNUSR » Thu May 10, 2012 1:38 pm

dokx wrote:
BLTNUSR wrote: And let's not even bring up the Kore fiasco, who assured hundreds if not thousands of NI customers won't ever spend a dime on NI's products ever again.
I'm pretty sure that a lot of those people you are talking about bought Maschine.
Maschine... the overpriced monome / Launchpad / Akai MPC / APC40 ripoff?
Maschine was developed and sold long before Kore was "retired"
i wouldn't be surprised if maschine is "retired" soon as well..

dokx
Posts: 98
Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:32 am

Re: The Brains behind NI starts his own company!

Post by dokx » Thu May 10, 2012 1:42 pm

Overpriced? Well at least what would you charge for Maschine Micro then?

I am sure they don't discontinue stuff just to piss off customers.

regretfullySaid
Posts: 8913
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:50 pm

Re: The Brains behind NI starts his own company!

Post by regretfullySaid » Thu May 10, 2012 1:46 pm

Oh god, bringing up the fanboy accusations :roll:
And just because he said not everyone is Steve Jobs. :roll:
ImageImage

BLTNUSR
Posts: 12
Joined: Thu May 10, 2012 11:07 am

Re: The Brains behind NI starts his own company!

Post by BLTNUSR » Thu May 10, 2012 1:53 pm

dokx wrote:Overpriced? Well at least what would you charge for Maschine Micro then?
Maschine is not worth more than an APC40 is..
please don't tell me Maschine is not overpriced at $600!!!
that is the biggest ripoff evah...
dokx wrote:I am sure they don't discontinue stuff just to piss off customers.
No, they discontinue products because they have no clue what they are doing..
The brilliant minds running NI have no strategy..

a few examples:

Reaktor: completely abandoned for 5 years.. then all of the sudden they decided to do a half-assed revival with some lame cosmetic touchups and some fixes that were 5 years too late. Version 6 has yet to be released, and it is basically the same cryptic product that only DSP geeks can figure out, specially the Core piece.
The Reaktor training material and documentation is still laughable.. in the meanwhile MAX / MSP has completely taken over what could have been Reaktor's market.

Kore: Years of bad hardware, developers time and marketing down the drain.
Can you spell F-I-A-S-CO?

The marketing heads running NI are just trying to desperately chase the latest fad to boost their sales, so they can keep their bloated company afloat, killing all innovation along the process.

Why are people so unconfortable with the truth?

regretfullySaid
Posts: 8913
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:50 pm

Re: The Brains behind NI starts his own company!

Post by regretfullySaid » Thu May 10, 2012 2:06 pm

Can't say i find much of it disagreeable (that would make me a fanboy) but you haven't mentioned them finding part of that solution in i/o interfaces and bumping up Traktor (thanks to Live)

Not to say that doesn't mean they're scrambling but I don't think it takes a genius to notice their decline and finding it shocking enough to deny.
I remember when they had a poll on their site asking people what they should write next. After awhile Kore came out. That lasted long, didn't it :?
ImageImage

beats me
Posts: 23319
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2007 6:39 pm

Re: The Brains behind NI starts his own company!

Post by beats me » Thu May 10, 2012 4:59 pm

Just wanted to praise NI for their focus on Traktor, both the software and hardware. And they regularly do major changes in the software updates without charging for it.

Carry on.

S4racen
Posts: 5231
Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2007 4:08 pm
Location: Dunstable
Contact:

Re: The Brains behind NI starts his own company!

Post by S4racen » Thu May 10, 2012 6:47 pm

NI can do whatever they want,, as long as everyone keeps buying from Beatport ;-)

Widely acknowledged (by at least two people ive spoken to) that this advantage funds their incredibly glossy pr campaigns....

Cheers
D

beats me
Posts: 23319
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2007 6:39 pm

Re: The Brains behind NI starts his own company!

Post by beats me » Thu May 10, 2012 9:41 pm

BLTNUSR wrote:Maschine is not worth more than an APC40 is..
please don't tell me Maschine is not overpriced at $600!!!
that is the biggest ripoff evah...
There’s some gaping holes in that argument.

The APC40 is a controller. Period.

Maschine is a controller with DAW software. Sure the software isn’t as fully featured as stand alone DAW software but it has a hell of a lot more than a drum plug-in including the ability to host softsynths in it. Also the hardware has 2 displays which makes it a lot easier to work with without having to look at the computer.

Your argument seems a little self-involved in that if you personally can’t see value in it then it’s SHIT.

H20nly
Posts: 15838
Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2007 9:15 pm
Location: The Wild West

Re: The Brains behind NI starts his own company!

Post by H20nly » Thu May 10, 2012 11:33 pm

@ BLTNUSR - i would like to know the truth about evolution. can you enlighten us please?

thanks.

BLTNUSR
Posts: 12
Joined: Thu May 10, 2012 11:07 am

Re: The Brains behind NI starts his own company!

Post by BLTNUSR » Fri May 11, 2012 1:14 pm

beats me wrote:
BLTNUSR wrote:
There’s some gaping holes in that argument.
The APC40 is a controller. Period.

Maschine is a controller with DAW software. Sure the software isn’t as fully featured as stand alone DAW software but it has a hell of a lot more than a drum plug-in including the ability to host softsynths in it. Also the hardware has 2 displays which makes it a lot easier to work with without having to look at the computer.

Your argument seems a little self-involved in that if you personally can’t see value in it then it’s SHIT.
So according to your theory, Maschine's "DAW software" is worth $200 (the street price difference between Maschine and an APC40)

BHAHAHAHAHA
BHAHAHAHHAHA!

That is hilarious.
I can buy an older used version of Ableton that amount.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0708263730

and please tell me, Maschine's "DAW software" is better than *any" version of Ableton, right?
let me guess, who's got a hole in their argument.. LOL

Sure, there are people who like paying a lot of money for ripoffs like Maschine, but that doesn't make it any better or any cheaper.

rozling
Posts: 1759
Joined: Mon May 30, 2005 9:48 am
Location: Dublin, Ireland

Re: The Brains behind NI starts his own company!

Post by rozling » Fri May 11, 2012 1:41 pm

Image

Mint Invader
Posts: 1508
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 2:37 pm

Re: The Brains behind NI starts his own company!

Post by Mint Invader » Fri May 11, 2012 1:48 pm

Lol this argument is most entertaining. For reasons you cant fathom either.
Because Whatever.

LoopStationZebra
Posts: 10586
Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2009 5:57 pm
Contact:

Re: The Brains behind NI starts his own company!

Post by LoopStationZebra » Fri May 11, 2012 2:04 pm

I like how he's not only trying to convince us that NI is shit, but also that Live is awesome.

Like, duh!

:lol:
I came for the :lol:
But stayed for the :x

Mint Invader
Posts: 1508
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 2:37 pm

Re: The Brains behind NI starts his own company!

Post by Mint Invader » Fri May 11, 2012 2:10 pm

Its like reading the argument equivalent of this:


"My dad can beat up your dad!"

"Nuh uh, my dad knows kung fu"

"Yea well my dad has a gun"

"My dad will feed your dad that gun"

"And my dad will shit bullets at your dad"

"My dad will deflect fecal bullets with his sword"

"Then my dad will get our sharks with laser beams..."
Because Whatever.

Post Reply