I wish I can see some Korean supports from Ableton

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
Brian Song

I wish I can see some Korean supports from Ableton

Post by Brian Song » Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:08 am

I've been uploading YouTube tutorials for Ableton Live in Korean and I'm getting all sort of questions. Some of them is really simple like "where to download demo versions". I was surprise to see that since I thought Ableton is really easy to access not just as a software, but as a company. At least I thought Ableton has the best customer support teams and great websites. But the thing is not all Korean speaks English like most of German people, and some of them even afraid of English. When you think of musicians or DJ, they don't want to deal with languages, they want to focus on music they are making.

When I searched on Korean search engines, I was very surprise to see there were not much accessible official Korean websites. It may not be a big market compare to Japan, but Korea is now the leading music contents provider in the Asia region. I see many people interested in Ableton. I understand them, since Ableton was mind-blowing software for me. It's not just another DAW, it's the most innovative music software. And Korean really loves innovation.

Even one person would work. I even apply for the Ableton unsolicited job position (the job position I made), 'A Hub for Korean Ableton Users'. Since I thought I can translate manuals and do korean customer services jobs, plus tutorial. But that's not my point. I really think it's a good time to consider some role like this. Among the major software, I think Avid is only doing Korean supports. I wish Ableton would be the first to come up on the search engine and helps who wants to learn how to compose or how to do DJ in Korea.

Thanks...

beats me

Re: I wish I can see some Korean supports from Ableton

Post by beats me » Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:58 pm

You could probably get Ableton certified and help others. Ableton doesn't certify just anybody but if you're dedicated you could probably also use your ploy that Korea is lacking in support.

DPMachine

Post by DPMachine » Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:34 pm

Brian Song wrote:I've been uploading YouTube tutorials for Ableton Live in Korean and I'm getting all sort of questions. Some of them is really simple like "where to download demo versions"
This cracks me up because Korea is so addicted to private tutoring, sending record amount of students every year to English speaking countries for study abroad. And they can't type "ableton" into Google or Naver? (Btw, the second result you get on Naver is a link to a cracked version of Live :lol: ).

Sorry, I actually think what you're doing is great. Keep it up.

regretfullySaid

Post by regretfullySaid » Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:39 pm

I would take advantage of that, Brian. You could be the go to guy no matter how stupid the questions may be, milk em! $$$

You should set your rate by the difficulty of the question, tell them how much it is, then use the most practical medium for answering their question after they paypal you or whatever it's equivalent may be over there.
ImageImage