Will Berlin ever be the same?

Discussion of anything not related to audio or music production
Rave
Posts: 6152
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2005 9:26 am

Will Berlin ever be the same?

Post by Rave » Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:17 am

With the imminent lunch of Bitwig, will the nation be divided between this new Goliath and the almighty Live?
I foresee Berlin changing overnight as each DAWs legions of disciples fight for dominance. This will be the biggest day in history, bigger than the war, Germany winning the world cup (again) or the birth of currywurst!

Pray hard fellow believers and don't forget to "tool up" for the big day, it's gonna get messy :twisted:

LoopStationZebra
Posts: 10586
Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2009 5:57 pm
Contact:

Re: Will Berlin ever be the same?

Post by LoopStationZebra » Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:33 pm

Where's that Hitler BITWIG clip?

That was some funny shit right there.

By far the funniest version of that meme.

:x
I came for the :lol:
But stayed for the :x

regretfullySaid
Posts: 8913
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:50 pm

Re: Will Berlin ever be the same?

Post by regretfullySaid » Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:56 pm

Imminient lunch is my favorite meal of the day!

I think they're getting along and maybe having fun with each other and Earwig is continuously trying to realize a secure place in the DAW ecosystem.

Although it would be kind of a funny to see a war where one side takes the others weapons and attacks them with them...
ImageImage

beats me
Posts: 23319
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2007 6:39 pm

Re: Will Berlin ever be the same?

Post by beats me » Wed Mar 14, 2012 5:40 pm

Wait until you find out Bitwig is the Garageband of performance DAWs.

:x

regretfullySaid
Posts: 8913
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:50 pm

Re: Will Berlin ever be the same?

Post by regretfullySaid » Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:29 pm

Hm, I think that's a little xtreme.

What's with no spline automation though...is that supposed to be a piece of mercy or something?

At this point though I don't find doing my own curves by hand a pita. I now consider it putting in handmade love. Each one is unique. Puts you out of auto-pilot mode.
Last edited by regretfullySaid on Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ImageImage

H20nly
Posts: 15843
Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2007 9:15 pm
Location: The Wild West

Re: Will Berlin ever be the same?

Post by H20nly » Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:30 pm

which side is using meth?

regretfullySaid
Posts: 8913
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:50 pm

Re: Will Berlin ever be the same?

Post by regretfullySaid » Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:36 pm

I would suggest PCP to the other side if that's the case.
Whatever side is using PCP I'm on because PCP will beat the living hell out of meth like a pissed off father laying lazer guided smackdown to the hyperactive kid with absolutely no focus or concentration.
ImageImage

H20nly
Posts: 15843
Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2007 9:15 pm
Location: The Wild West

Re: Will Berlin ever be the same?

Post by H20nly » Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:09 pm

shadx312 wrote:Whatever side is using PCP I'm on because PCP will beat the living hell out of meth like a pissed off father laying lazer guided smackdown to the hyperactive kid - with absolutely no focus groups or concentration camps to speak of.
genetically enhanced quote

Machinesworking
Posts: 11118
Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2004 9:30 pm
Location: Seattle

Re: Will Berlin ever be the same?

Post by Machinesworking » Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:58 pm

shadx312 wrote:I would suggest PCP to the other side if that's the case.
Whatever side is using PCP I'm on because PCP will beat the living hell out of meth like a pissed off father laying lazer guided smackdown to the hyperactive kid with absolutely no focus or concentration.
The worst crimes are always Meth related = Meth wins.

PCP related crime- Cops try to subdue man, he throws them off and gets away. Cops say man was on PCP. Real PCP related crime- man gets into bar fight, wins even though he's a bloody mess, wanders into traffic gets hit and ends up in the hospital not remembering any of it.

Meth related crime-Armed robbery of little old lady meth heads believe works for the Secret Service agency. During robbery meth-heads who've been up for days believe little old lady has super human strength, they tie her up too tight, snap her wrists and ankles, feel bad about it so they stab her to death, cut her body into exactly 1 pound chunks, bag each chunk separately, address and mail each chunk to various famous pro wrestlers, clean up kitchen spotless, forget to deal with mess in living room, and then decided to set the house on fire to get rid of evidence.

regretfullySaid
Posts: 8913
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:50 pm

Re: Will Berlin ever be the same?

Post by regretfullySaid » Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:33 pm

And that's exactly why it would be a killer fight. God I'm all excited now dude, wtf.
I wanna see a mass knife fight, but instead of knives it's large glass shards. No gloves.

Whoever wins has to give us spline automation, rewrite or no rewrite.
We'll provide the "energy bars"
ImageImage

Machinesworking
Posts: 11118
Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2004 9:30 pm
Location: Seattle

Re: Will Berlin ever be the same?

Post by Machinesworking » Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:18 pm

You know of course what will actually happen being a bunch of civilized germans though?
They'll just say "hi' very curtly when crossing each others paths on the way to work.
The passive aggression will be out of hand! :x

regretfullySaid
Posts: 8913
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:50 pm

Re: Will Berlin ever be the same?

Post by regretfullySaid » Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:59 pm

:lol:
ImageImage

H20nly
Posts: 15843
Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2007 9:15 pm
Location: The Wild West

Re: Will Berlin ever be the same?

Post by H20nly » Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:02 am

Machinesworking wrote:The worst crimes are always Meth related = Meth wins.

PCP related crime- Cops try to subdue man, he throws them off and gets away. Cops say man was on PCP. Real PCP related crime- man gets into bar fight, wins even though he's a bloody mess, wanders into traffic gets hit and ends up in the hospital not remembering any of it.

Meth related crime-Armed robbery of little old lady meth heads believe works for the Secret Service agency. During robbery meth-heads who've been up for days believe little old lady has super human strength, they tie her up too tight, snap her wrists and ankles, feel bad about it so they stab her to death, cut her body into exactly 1 pound chunks, bag each chunk separately, address and mail each chunk to various famous pro wrestlers, clean up kitchen spotless, forget to deal with mess in living room, and then decided to set the house on fire to get rid of evidence.
:lol:

aisling
Posts: 2640
Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2006 8:58 am
Location: 50 miles north of SF

Re: Will Berlin ever be the same?

Post by aisling » Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:34 am

Gosh I had some serious fun on meth a few times :oops:
http://soundcloud.com/aislingbeing


Live, Reason, Moog sub phatty, Moog sub 37, Ozone 6, guitars, Pedals, proper ergonomic sitting posture, french pressed coffee with a pinch of cardamon.

Machinesworking
Posts: 11118
Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2004 9:30 pm
Location: Seattle

Re: Will Berlin ever be the same?

Post by Machinesworking » Thu Mar 15, 2012 1:09 am

aisling wrote:Gosh I had some serious fun on meth a few times :oops:
Nothing to be ashamed about, I had fun on almost every drug you can imagine, except Robotussin DM, fuck that shit! :evil:

this though: (warning, not for the squeamish)
http://img.chan4chan.com/img/2009-02-15 ... 256817.jpg

-shiver! 8O

Post Reply