Why are musicians so snarky?

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
H20nly

Re: Why are musicians so snarky?

Post by H20nly » Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:50 am

Machinesworking wrote:
JeffreyCJohnson wrote: The Official 8.2 PDF and Printed manuals are different documents...
Everyone has the PDF, not everyone has the printed manual. So which one in this case would it make sense to use as a reference?
Only one guess now, but you have a 50/50 chance of being right! :wink:

My point remains, someone answers your question with a reference to the manual you should be grateful, not annoyed that you have figure out which 'manual' to look at, and that there's a chance that you might have to skim forwards or backwards to find the part that's relevant to you. Snarky I can deal with, spoiled brats pissing about their free advice not being handed to them in a form they approve of? Sorry if I don't take that well. :roll:

:lol:

agreed.

BUT the "RTFM" remark sans reference (and without the one who posts "RTFM" KNOWING that the manual isn't nebulous on that particular topic) is just douching the sandy gina.

/devil's advocate coin side version.

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:47 am

H20nly wrote:
agreed.

BUT the "RTFM" remark sans reference (and without the one who posts "RTFM" KNOWING that the manual isn't nebulous on that particular topic) is just douching the sandy gina.

/devil's advocate coin side version.
No I agree, if you don't know the answer, or don't want to at least give the chapter where to find the answer then why post at all?
If it's a simple question they could look up on their own with no problems, let it fall into the unanswered posts pile. Then if they "retaliate" by making an indignant posts you can feel fully justified emptying both barrels at them! :twisted:

Bagatell

Post by Bagatell » Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:25 am

Actually "Why are musicians so snarky?" seems to be a very valid question. I've been reading "The Rest Is Noise" and it seems most of the well known twenthieth century composers (Stravinsky, Schoenberg, Boulez etc) were indeed snarky bastards. And more contemporary musicians are no better.

20 Famous Put Downs in Music

Mint Invader

Post by Mint Invader » Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:41 pm

Entertainment does that to people...
Because Whatever.

dokx

Post by dokx » Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:39 am

Well what's your definition of a "musician"?

Not everyone who can draw some blocks in a piano roll with a tiny pencil tool is a musician.

sporkles

Post by sporkles » Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:24 pm

This is beautiful - five pages of everyone agreeing. It's like with that guy with the audio/music thread.

Now everybody go RTFUMEPDF! (read the fucking User Manual English.pdf)

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:38 pm

sporkles wrote:This is beautiful - five pages of everyone agreeing.
8O

stringtapper

Post by stringtapper » Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:34 pm

sporkles wrote:everyone agreeing.
Unsound Designer