Trying to find a couple of videos - ideas?

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
8O

Trying to find a couple of videos - ideas?

Post by 8O » Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:33 am

Hi,

Am trying to find a couple of videos that I watched a couple of years ago, but didn't bookmark at the time... and can't find any trace of them now...

1. A generative animation video with lots of dark, sinister abstract shapes all flowing like smoke on top of a white background and to a narrative e.g. the experience of a car crash; about 20 minutes long; on vimeo maybe; ambient/glitch soundtrack. Maybe made by a German and with a one word title like Black or summat...

2. Think this one was a music video that someone had made to an existing rock song: a guy has to try to get across an imaginary landscape, walking on tiles, but when he steps on a crack in the tiles, the landscape slices his foot off and subsequently gets sliced and diced; but then he's reset and tries again and gets further but sliced again; then tries again, and again until he succeeds. Not as gory as it sounds, iirc... Was probably on youtube...

I know it's a long shot, but any ideas?

Forge.

Re: Trying to find a couple of videos - ideas?

Post by Forge. » Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:31 am

8O wrote: 2. Think this one was a music video that someone had made to an existing rock song: a guy has to try to get across an imaginary landscape, walking on tiles, but when he steps on a crack in the tiles, the landscape slices his foot off and subsequently gets sliced and diced; but then he's reset and tries again and gets further but sliced again; then tries again, and again until he succeeds. Not as gory as it sounds, iirc... Was probably on youtube...
I don't know the one, but this sounds a lot like something cyriak would do - http://www.youtube.com/user/cyriak?ob=4

ubermnd

Post by ubermnd » Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:13 am

never seen it but google threw this up. https://vimeo.com/2669327

8O

Post by 8O » Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:36 am

ubermnd wrote:never seen it but google threw this up. https://vimeo.com/2669327
THAT'S IT!!! You star! Thanks! :D 8)

1 down, 1 to go... though that one was the main one for me - the bit I was describing starts around 1:30...

Cheers again! Ableton Forum rocks... :)

8O

Post by 8O » Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:38 pm

Bump for the second video, just on the off chance...
8O wrote:2. Think this one was a music video that someone had made to an existing rock song: a guy has to try to get across an imaginary landscape, walking on tiles, but when he steps on a crack in the tiles, the landscape slices his foot off and subsequently gets sliced and diced; but then he's reset and tries again and gets further but sliced again; then tries again, and again until he succeeds. Not as gory as it sounds, iirc... Was probably on youtube...
Kind of an animated-death-parcours-game-thing...?