A Question For Republicans (us politics)

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
starving student

A Question For Republicans (us politics)

Post by starving student » Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:21 pm

this is just a really simple question so hopefully your answers are simple as well cause I'm actually trying to get to what's underneath the surface on this. Looking at Obama and Romney I couldn't help but wonder as a republican what is the chief reason you would vote for Romney for as opposed to Obama (promise not trying to change your mind, I'm just trying to figure out really where the crux is for example.

in my opinion it wouldn't be over
1.religion because obamas a christian and romneys not
2. healthcare because they share the same idea
3. political lies, because however much you dislike obamas romneys told at least 3times the amount
4. neither of them can hunt
5. both interact politely with people
6. terrible jobs situation under obama, terrible jobs situation before obama, romney cares about keystone pipeline but could care less about detroit

i don't want to go into a complete diatribe here cause my question isn't about how deep the different ideologies can go my question is this, to be honest on the main concerns expressed by the republican party which is

god
patriotism
guns
jobs
political honesty

I don't see anything in romney regarding those things that is significantly different from obama.
he's a christian, he killed bin laden, he hasn't taken any guns away, and he has increased drone strikes, if anything since romney has no proven record as a president so theres only what he's done as gov and as head of bane which I have my opinions about but for the sake of this conversation lets say that regarding jobs they are equal.
on honest obama is universally seen as being more of an honest person, although he has not been 100% politically honest, on the other hand romney is universally seen as being the greatest political flipflopper in history and I know these things are known by republicans as much as dems but for the sake of not getting lost in the quagmire of partisanship lets say that on honesty they are equal as well.

hopefully you're understanding what I'm getting at here, there is obviously very strong feelings from romney supporters against obama, but what is the real reason that an objective republican would vote for romney, what is the reason that makes romney a landslide opportunity for you or for a respective republican voter. I believe there has to be a reason, people don't just do things for no reason and something like this where people feel so strongly there's no doubt in my mind that folks are passionate but what is it exactly from your perspective (republican) because on what I would describe as the pillars of republican issues romney really doesn't hit any of those targets.

please rebups share your thoughts.
Last edited by starving student on Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

beats me

Re: A Question For Republicans

Post by beats me » Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:05 am

The answer is in your thread title. Most people vote along party lines, period.

aisling

Post by aisling » Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:28 am

I always vote down the blond haired blue eyed devil when possible.
http://soundcloud.com/aislingbeing

Live, Reason, Moog sub phatty, Moog sub 37, Ozone 6, guitars, Pedals, proper ergonomic sitting posture, french pressed coffee with a pinch of cardamon.

starving student

Post by starving student » Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:40 am

@beats do you really think so, allot of indies and repubs voted for obama before.

@ aislingggggg come in the house your supper is ready :mrgreen:

I'm serious though, there must be a very good reason for the christian right for example to vote against a christian that has upped the anty militaristically and who wouldn't champion gay civil rights within the boundaries of his existing presidential powers.

to vote for romney, who isn't even a christian. isn't that their primary tenement?
at least that's what they say and I've had no reason to not believe them in the past so what has changed things so drastically?

stringtapper

Post by stringtapper » Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:21 am

You think there are Republicans on this forum? :lol:

There are probably more professional musicians on this forum than there are Republicans.*

*but it's close
Unsound Designer

starving student

Post by starving student » Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:41 am

stringtapper wrote:You think there are Republicans on this forum? :lol:

There are probably more professional musicians on this forum than there are Republicans.*

*but it's close
I'm sure ted nugent uses ableton live he's a pretty good musician

aisling

Post by aisling » Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:34 am

starving student wrote:
stringtapper wrote:You think there are Republicans on this forum? :lol:

*but it's close
I'm sure ted nugent uses ableton live he's a pretty good musician
I hear the secret service is watching him after he made an inflammatory speech at an NRA fundraiser. Something to the effect of, if the republicans don't take care of business, he will either be in jail or dead next nov.
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/secr ... 42639.html
http://soundcloud.com/aislingbeing

Live, Reason, Moog sub phatty, Moog sub 37, Ozone 6, guitars, Pedals, proper ergonomic sitting posture, french pressed coffee with a pinch of cardamon.

starving student

Post by starving student » Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:38 am

^^ poor guy, he's just so afraid, out there living in the wilderness, barricaded up in some log cabin made out of apple pie that uncle sam baked with his own hands, a guitar over one shoulder and a bow and arrow slung over the other one, I heard him talking today about how he thinks he's braveheart, if only he actually knew anything about braveheart besides that mel gibsons in it.

but we digress :)
so what is up with the republican vote, will they actually vote for a non-christian against a christian?
this is highly unlike them, there's something about obama they're seeing that I'm not seeing to make them go this far. i think it was a couple of days ago that dick Cheney said that obama was the worst president that we've had or the most dangerous, now that seems excessively extreme. i think everyone should have their own opinions I just want to hear from the republicans what the reason actually is, why they would be against obama a fellow christian so much that they would vote for romney, I mean hell what's romney got that obama doesn't have?

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:01 pm

When the zombie apocalypse hits, are you going to want ass-kicking bow hunting skin-em-whilst-their-still-warm Ted Nugent on your team? Or some namby pamby dyed-in-the-wool sensitive lefty who's prattling on about the rights of illegal immigrants and attends every Occupy demonstration in the hope that Big Bankers and Big Oil will play fair?

Think about it carefully before answering, bro.

I came for the :lol:
But stayed for the :x

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:04 pm

..and really. Even before the zombie apocalypse hits, would you want to party with THIS guy:

or THIS guy:

:lol:

beats me

Post by beats me » Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:04 pm

Republicans are masters of disinformation because they know all they have to do is plant the seed and their work is done. Their constituency would rather vote for an American Mormon than a foreign born Muslim.

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:04 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:P :P :P :P :P

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:07 pm

beats me wrote:Republicans are masters of disinformation because they know all they have to do is plant the seed and their work is done. Their constituency would rather vote for an American Mormon than a foreign born Muslim.

As opposed to the Dems? Who are nothing but honest and trustworthy? Who's constituency would rather vote for anyone as long as they pretend care about you and the working poor? But then can't hire enough ex-Goldman Sachs CEOs and VPs; who then turn around and ultimately give the bankers little more than a slap on the wrist?

The only thing worse than the stupidity and BLIND ignorance of Republicans is the stupidity and BLIND ignorance of Dems.

omfg.

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:09 pm

Change we can believe in.....

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

beats me

Post by beats me » Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:55 pm

LoopStationZebra wrote:
beats me wrote:Republicans are masters of disinformation because they know all they have to do is plant the seed and their work is done. Their constituency would rather vote for an American Mormon than a foreign born Muslim.

As opposed to the Dems? Who are nothing but honest and trustworthy? Who's constituency would rather vote for anyone as long as they pretend care about you and the working poor? But then can't hire enough ex-Goldman Sachs CEOs and VPs; who then turn around and ultimately give the bankers little more than a slap on the wrist?

The only thing worse than the stupidity and BLIND ignorance of Republicans is the stupidity and BLIND ignorance of Dems.

omfg.

Both parties are retarded and their only interest is keeping their job, salary, and benefits. They both sell a bill of goods to their loyal followers. The difference is Democrats sell a bill of goods that sounds like they want to take care of the vast majority of the population. Republicans sell a bill of goods that blatantly only benefits the 1% and yet the majority of their loyal followers aren’t the 1% and they still go all in.

So I think you have your stupidy is scale backwards.

:x