A Question For Republicans (us politics)

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
starving student

Re: A Question For Republicans

Post by starving student » Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:51 pm

there seems to be a pattern emerging,

vote for Mitt cause at least he aint Obama

vote for republicans because democrats don't give a fuck about you either.

is that really the best that can be done?

but I have a question
on obamas inauguration night, the very day he became president republican leaders had a dinner where they decided that the most important agenda going forward was to stop obamas success at any cost. There agenda was not the terrible economy that we are all so very well familiar with, and on top of that of course you all know mitch McConnell had big enough balls to admit that the whole conservative republican agenda priority was to stop obama on tv in front of millions of people, never mind that basically that's tantamount to treason on the widest scale ever seen since the inception of this country but lets not digress, my question is do all of the conservatives, republicans, and fake independents really let themselves fall for such a tryst ? I just can't see it happening at any other time in american history, it just seems to far fetched. Now I know the heartland of america, at least I thought I did as I come from the near by midwest and I know that allot of the country is not as fast as on the east coast or the west coast things are a little slower, but that means that kids have allot more time to study, and people have allot more time to think in general so I just can't see how under these circumstances that the folks of the grand ole party could actually be persuaded to vote for romney over obama for example
someone said earlier that the economy is the #1 agenda of the conservative movement, but like I stated earlier and it's well documented all of the conservative leaders were at a dinner, gathering, and specific meeting on the very night he became president to decide what their priority was, bear in mind that this is during the worst economic time in our history since the great depression and what do they do, they decide to take out obama. Now in my humble opinion I think we can safely say that on that first day and night of his presidency he must of been thinking about the economy waaaaaaaaaaaaaay more than any republican or conservative ideologist !!!!!!
So what could it be? ….. what could it have been on his first day as president that had the conservatives so riled up, even as much as they are today after all of his so called mistakes. I mean what did he, michelle, and the kids do to garner so much well documented hatred from day one???

beats me

Post by beats me » Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:59 pm

LoopStationZebra wrote:He's passing the Republican's Agenda?

omfg

Nearly every major bank CEO and senior executive who's held a position in Obama's administration or been an advisor - and there's a shitload of them - are Dems; mostly ex-Goldman Sachs. Jebus, most of his fucking advisors are goddamn bankers. :lol:

The amount of banking current and ex CEOs who are registered Dems is too numerous to count.

Brah, whatever. I'll just keep sitting back and enjoy the fantasy you guys have that Dems actually give a shit about you.

:x

WE HEAR YOU LSZ AND YOUR "BOTH PARTIES ARE ESSENTIALLY THE SAME" PLATFORM. IT HAS BEEN NOTED IN THE MINUTES.

:x

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:10 pm

:x :P :x
I came for the :lol:
But stayed for the :x

friend_kami

Post by friend_kami » Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:40 pm

LoopStationZebra wrote:..and really. Even before the zombie apocalypse hits, would you want to party with THIS guy:

or THIS guy:

:lol:
well, preferably none of them, but if i had to choose i'd have to say that tax the rich guy.
because the other guy has a freaking gun.
in case you didn't notice: guns kill people.
just ask.. USA.
i know that some of you believe that it is every american citizens right to carry a weapon, but ask yourself this: why do you have so many murders' you think?

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:26 pm

friend_kami wrote:i know that some of you believe that it is every american citizens right to carry a weapon, but ask yourself this: why do you have so many murders' you think?
i'm pretty sure it's due to Live's shitty sound engine and lack of 64 bit support.

starving student

Post by starving student » Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:29 pm

we all know politics is a dirty business, like money is dirty paper they are both necessary, but thing that is difficult for me to understand is why would the conservatives vote for Romney over Obama ? for instance why is it that a republican can author a bill I mean even have his name on it, work really hard get it to the floor and then because obama, the president whom you're suppose to want on your side supports the bill, and all of a sudden they take a vote and the very people who authored and put forth the bill actually vote against their own bill …………really ?????? . now we all know that obama is a democrat but I have never seen a situation like this where just having a democrats support would make a republican vote against their very own self authored bill, but now this strange phenomena is common place, every time obama gives them support they vote against their own bills………….why would anyone vote for people like that, there has to be a stark dreadful reason for good folks to be against obama to such a degree. I just don't know why? 8O

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:41 pm

^ that is what i was talking about when i said the following on the last page:
H20nly wrote:i am still looking forward to hearing Obama in the debates... i think he is going to have a nice long check list that is going to be slightly more difficult to dispute than expected.
don't be too surprised when he flips the white board over to the chalk board side with all the check marks and X's next to the tally he's been keeping.

expect backpedaling.

edit: :oops: looks like i killed my original post in the creation of this one.

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:02 pm

starving student wrote: there has to be a stark dreadful reason for good folks to be against obama to such a degree. I just don't know why? 8O

Well, we could start with that fucking WRETCHED slow jam of the news he did on Fallon's show.

omfg.

I mean, even Jon Stewart was like 'wtf' ?

:lol:
I came for the :lol:
But stayed for the :x

beatmunga

Post by beatmunga » Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:18 pm

I'm sorry, but I have no idea what you are talking about. Is this an American thing?

I thought that this site was German. Do our German friends post musings on their internal politics expecting everyone else in the frickin' world to give a toss?

No they don't. And all credit to them for that.

I may start whinging about my council tax while I'm here.

With me, America? Thought not.
mendeldrive wrote:NOBODY designs their own sounds... There is ZERO point in reinventing the wheel.

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:27 pm

^ uh huh, a German forum in... English.

you might wanna get your snarky ass over to the thread about the French election :arrow:

P.S. this is The Lounge and we talk about what the fuck we want here.

beatmunga

Post by beatmunga » Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:34 pm

H20nly wrote:^ well get your snarky ass over to the thread about the French election then :arrow:

The content is not a problem. It's the assumption that the several billion other people on the planet even know what a Republican is that speaks volumes. Label your provincial little thread with a "US Politics" title and show some much needed global humility.

"Snarky". What a curious term. Is that English?
mendeldrive wrote:NOBODY designs their own sounds... There is ZERO point in reinventing the wheel.

beatmunga

Post by beatmunga » Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:42 pm

H20nly wrote:^ uh huh, a German forum in... English.

Is the "we" you refer to "America", by any chance?

Fuck, yeah!!!!!

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:57 pm

no, "we" as in members of the Ableton Forum - from all over the world. imagine that! 8O

beatmunga wrote:"Snarky". What a curious term. Is that English?
yeah, here let me help you with your English on what you perceive to be an all German forum:

http://www.google.com/search?q=Snarky&i ... =firefox-a

stringtapper

Post by stringtapper » Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:22 am

Unsound Designer

starving student

Post by starving student » Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:47 am

beatmunga wrote:I'm sorry, but I have no idea what you are talking about. Is this an American thing?

I thought that this site was German. Do our German friends post musings on their internal politics expecting everyone else in the frickin' world to give a toss?

No they don't. And all credit to them for that.

I may start whinging about my council tax while I'm here.

With me, America? Thought not.
calm down dude, we're going to be talking about why the german government feel multiculturalism has failed in germany right after this just hold tight sheeesh