A Question For Republicans (us politics)

Discussion of anything not related to audio or music production
starving student
Posts: 7123
Joined: Thu Dec 09, 2004 6:13 pm
Location: right here

Re: A Question For Republicans

Post by starving student » Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:15 am

stringtapper wrote:
starving student wrote:umm actually loopsy was the one who included zombies in a political discussion not I, you might want to re-read and think about that one cause there is an epiphany some where waiting for you to start its day.
See, you making the point that LSZ brought zombies into the discussion is actually not a point at all because this is what I said:
stringtapper wrote:He said zombie apocalypse, ss. We know politics isn't your strong suit, but you're breaking my heart with science fiction fail.
I highlighted it there for you so you can see that I already made it clear to everyone that LSZ was the one who brought them into the discussion. So why are you repeating it? Your "science fiction fail" resulted from you confusing a vanilla apocalypse that some right-wingers might start with a zombie apocalypse that will almost certainly be started by the Chinese. You're welcome for the clarification.
why would you be making it clear that lz brought anything up into the discussion for everyone :D what is your agenda in all of this if it's not just the usual................and this time might you include an actualy answer to the OPs question if you're so inclined? :wink:

stringtapper
Posts: 6273
Joined: Sat Aug 28, 2004 6:21 pm

Re: A Question For Republicans

Post by stringtapper » Thu Apr 19, 2012 4:17 am

starving student wrote:why would you be making it clear that lz brought anything up into the discussion for everyone :D
Well things are rarely "clear" when you and politics are involved. Science fiction isn't faring much better either. :lol:
starving student wrote:whywhat is your agenda in all of this if it's not just the usual.
Of course it's the usual with me. The apocalypse, the zombie apocalypse, cannibalism, salsa, pointing out the people who only think within an ideological box… you know. :mrgreen:
starving student wrote:whyand this time might you include an actualy answer to the OPs question if you're so inclined? :wink:
I know that you, like so many others, believe that if someone doesn't think exactly like you do that they must play for the opposing team, but for the billionth time: I'm not a Republican. Therefore I can't really answer you're question since that's who your question targets. You wrote the thread title so I'm going to assume you can read it too.
Unsound Designer

starving student
Posts: 7123
Joined: Thu Dec 09, 2004 6:13 pm
Location: right here

Re: A Question For Republicans

Post by starving student » Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:20 am

you're funny, what exactly do you think my ideology is?
everybody else here knows what it is, so if you've got enough testosterone say what it is.

and then if you really have enough testicular fortitude, attach this ideology you speak of to a political party?
:P I bet you won't!

(now remember everyone else here already knows my ideology so if you lie it'll be obvious imediately, here's how I see your predicament you could just claim the victory of sidetracking the thread as it stands and add that trophy to your other too long to count list of detractments or if you're feeling extra saucy you could venture outside of your comfort zone but if you choose the latter you might be forced to tell the truth which
might prove quite traumatic.
)

LoopStationZebra
Posts: 10586
Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2009 5:57 pm
Contact:

Re: A Question For Republicans

Post by LoopStationZebra » Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:29 pm

starving student wrote: okay so basically you're saying that this culture of fear is with us for the long hall. the only reason their would be an apocalypse in the first place is because one of teds cousins would press the red button. honestly the teds of the world are afraid of gay people, afraid of _insert people here______, afraid of everything under the sun including their own shadows it's pretty ridiculous, and all of their guns, arrows, cowboy hats, and john wayne reruns don't seem to be making them any less insecure.

The only person on Planet Earth to have actually 'pressed the button' was a Democrat. :lol:

And with all those guns they own, I don't think the Teds of the world are afraid of anything. :P
I came for the :lol:
But stayed for the :x

LoopStationZebra
Posts: 10586
Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2009 5:57 pm
Contact:

Re: A Question For Republicans

Post by LoopStationZebra » Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:34 pm

starving student wrote: .... but the teds of the world on the other hand would have me wake up naked in the forest while they tell me to run and not worry cause they'll give me a 10 min head start :x
That still sounds like a lot more fun than sitting around in a drum circle with neo-hippies who reek of patchouli and can't stop talking about how awesome the new bike-sharing services are around the country.

At least with the Teds in the forest you'd have a 1/100th chance at getting away.

:P
I came for the :lol:
But stayed for the :x

LoopStationZebra
Posts: 10586
Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2009 5:57 pm
Contact:

Re: A Question For Republicans

Post by LoopStationZebra » Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:50 pm

starving student wrote: when it comes to fear
Speaking of fear....

Obama has dramatically increased the size of the Dept of Homeland Security, has INCREASED the powers of the Patriot Act, ......

Then he wonders why the hillbillies cling to their religion and guns.

omfg.

:lol:
I came for the :lol:
But stayed for the :x

stringtapper
Posts: 6273
Joined: Sat Aug 28, 2004 6:21 pm

Re: A Question For Republicans

Post by stringtapper » Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:27 pm

starving student wrote:you're funny, what exactly do you think my ideology is?
everybody else here knows what it is, so if you've got enough testosterone say what it is.

and then if you really have enough testicular fortitude, attach this ideology you speak of to a political party?
:P I bet you won't!

(now remember everyone else here already knows my ideology so if you lie it'll be obvious imediately, here's how I see your predicament you could just claim the victory of sidetracking the thread as it stands and add that trophy to your other too long to count list of detractments or if you're feeling extra saucy you could venture outside of your comfort zone but if you choose the latter you might be forced to tell the truth which
might prove quite traumatic.
)
You mean come out and call you a Democrat like you came out and called me a Republican? Oh wait you didn't, you merely implied it by asking me to answer the thread question that is conveniently posed to Republicans. So where are your balls Mr. DJ?

And pray tell what "truth" you feel I haven't told? I guess it drives you crazy when people's opinions don't fit into nice neat red state/blue state boxes so you just figure they must be lying about something?

"predicament"? :lol:
Unsound Designer

H20nly
Posts: 15844
Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2007 9:15 pm
Location: The Wild West

Re: A Question For Republicans

Post by H20nly » Thu Apr 19, 2012 5:34 pm

:arrow: i heard a faint lingering echo... did someone say salsa?


psst, SS have you caught any Republicans in your snare yet?

scott nathaniel
Posts: 668
Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2008 6:52 pm

Re: A Question For Republicans

Post by scott nathaniel » Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:16 pm

I moved from the Northwest-liberal haven of flanneled, bearded 22 year olds and their golden ideals-to the California desert, which is the haven for golf-shirted, tanned Republicans. After living the past five years around the repubs, I realize I can't stand them. But, alas, from the vantage point of time and distance, I've had the realization that I couldn't really stand my friends who identified themselves as devout liberals. The a-hole is not the Republican or Democrat; the a-hole is the political being( political as in a class of person- not exclusively a politician). Modern man is a wasted political being. My advice, don't be an a-hole.

Long live Ableton--and Reaper!

nathannn
Posts: 3315
Joined: Thu Dec 07, 2006 2:38 am
Location: U.S.

Re: A Question For Republicans

Post by nathannn » Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:36 pm

politics
politics
politics
politics
The Push / Novation Launch Pad / Novation Launch Pad Pro / Novation Launch Key
/ Launch Control XL / Machine MkII / Machine Studio / BeatStep / Livid OhmRGB / Livid Code V2 / Apc 40 MKII

no computers or synths

20 Copies of Ableton Live Lite.

beats me
Posts: 23319
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2007 6:39 pm

Re: A Question For Republicans

Post by beats me » Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:40 pm

One of my uncles is one of the kindest, sincere, and chartable people I know. He even went to the extent of adopting one of his kid’s school mates whose parents died in a car crash and even put them through college. He was raised in CA and now lives in WA.

Given that I fully expected him to be a hardcore Democrat and was shocked to find out recently that he’s the complete opposite, the whole Reagan is just under God/Obama fucks up everything he touches Republican. But then I looked at his other life circumstances. He retired as a Microsoft Millionaire at the age of 55 and while he is chartable, he wants to be in complete control of that directly, not the government helping the less fortunate out on a grand scale without proven results. Also he’s not an outspoken Bible thumper but one of the things he did with his retirement free time was get a degree in theology.

So it’s kind of interesting to see what lurks beneath the surface when finding out party alliances.

aisling
Posts: 2640
Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2006 8:58 am
Location: 50 miles north of SF

Re: A Question For Republicans

Post by aisling » Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:52 pm

beats me wrote:One of my uncles is one of the kindest, sincere, and chartable people I know. He even went to the extent of adopting one of his kid’s school mates whose parents died in a car crash and even put them through college. He was raised in CA and now lives in WA.

Given that I fully expected him to be a hardcore Democrat and was shocked to find out recently that he’s the complete opposite, the whole Reagan is just under God/Obama fucks up everything he touches Republican. But then I looked at his other life circumstances. He retired as a Microsoft Millionaire at the age of 55 and while he is chartable, he wants to be in complete control of that directly, not the government helping the less fortunate out on a grand scale without proven results. Also he’s not an outspoken Bible thumper but one of the things he did with his retirement free time was get a degree in theology.

So it’s kind of interesting to see what lurks beneath the surface when finding out party alliances.
While I tend to lean democratic, I know many republicans who are just like what you have described....charitable, kind, compassionate, socially concerned and aware, but due to their economics, would rather they, not the gov, have a say in how their charity is disbursed. I get it!
http://soundcloud.com/aislingbeing


Live, Reason, Moog sub phatty, Moog sub 37, Ozone 6, guitars, Pedals, proper ergonomic sitting posture, french pressed coffee with a pinch of cardamon.

beats me
Posts: 23319
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2007 6:39 pm

Re: A Question For Republicans

Post by beats me » Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:18 pm

I have to admit that I’m not too pleased with a percentage of my small tax contributions going to generations of welfare recipients, but my solution is so extreme that not even the industrious Chinese would implement it. Stated before on this forum, mandatory reversible sterilization of everybody at birth regardless of class until they can prove they are mentally and financially capable of raising children. Sure the system could be gamed somehow but it would still be vastly better than the general free for all we have now. :x

stringtapper
Posts: 6273
Joined: Sat Aug 28, 2004 6:21 pm

Re: A Question For Republicans

Post by stringtapper » Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:22 am

H20nly wrote:did someone say salsa?
THIS.

Eating salsa --> :P
Unsound Designer

H20nly
Posts: 15844
Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2007 9:15 pm
Location: The Wild West

Re: A Question For Republicans

Post by H20nly » Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:26 am

:P nom nom...

now all we need is that really special Hawaiian kid to show up and illustrate new levels of... of... whats that word i'm looking for?

Post Reply