Everything made in China, shows up broken. "The saga of...

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
Linear Phase

Everything made in China, shows up broken. "The saga of...

Post by Linear Phase » Tue May 22, 2012 10:30 pm

"The saga of my new audio card."

Surprise, surprise, everything made in China, shows up at your doorstep broken. Today, a milestone in the history of my music production, as it was the first day I ever called the Tech Support Department of Sweetwater Sound and Music, in lovely Ft. Wayne Indiana.

My call? To have a conversation based upon the fact that my guitar is not inputting, when I plug it into my brand new, "Made In China," three channel USB Audio Card.

After about two minutes of conversation, my Tech Evan, decided they had better send me a new audio card. Think he's had this problem with this particular model before? I'll just bet he has.

Guys.. Everything made in China is a joke. From coffee machines, to deep fat fryers, to audio cards, to vacuums.. I have not had one thing from china work flawlessly for any amount of time. And this goes even for the ultra expensive macbook pro I use to own.. gosh, man.. Within a year, that thing was at the apple store, getting a warranty repair for its conked out screen.

Why does the world manufacture in China? And gosh, the stuff is everywhere, and you can't escape it. My socks, my t-shirts, my jeans = all crap. My computer? I'm waiting for the day it goes ka'boom. My studio monitors? Bet I'll need a new pair next year. My audio card? Not a week old, and new one is in the mail.

My guitar? SOLID AS A ROCK! Handmade too. Its a Carvin. Its built in a factory. In California.
Linear Phase has left the building..

simmerdown

Re: Everything made in China, shows up broken. "The saga of...

Post by simmerdown » Tue May 22, 2012 10:42 pm

yes always look for the Made in Taiwan label, much better!

my korg nanos still work perfectly after 3 years, cant get much cheaper hardware than that....

maybe your assumption that things will suck and break are making them suck and break

gjm

Post by gjm » Tue May 22, 2012 10:50 pm

simmerdown wrote:my korg nanos still work perfectly after 3 years, cant get much cheaper hardware than that....
Did you ever have the sticky NanoPad feature?
iMac - 10.10.3 - Live 9 Suite - APC40 - Axiom 61 - TX81z - Firestudio Mobile - Focal Alpha 80's - Godin Session - Home made foot controller

Forge.

Post by Forge. » Tue May 22, 2012 11:08 pm

what?

Take a closer look, virtually everything you own is made in china.

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Tue May 22, 2012 11:25 pm

It really gets down to how severely the companies beat their slave labour. Ask Apple. They've got the beatings - and the subsequent quality - down pat.

:x
I came for the :lol:
But stayed for the :x

simmerdown

Post by simmerdown » Wed May 23, 2012 12:13 am

you know what else in china?

mobile vans for killing deathrow inmates that then harvest the organs and deliver straight to waiting patients in hospitals...if you have enough dough you can order up an execution and organ 'donation'

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Wed May 23, 2012 1:21 am

Fast track pro huh? :lol:

cpyatak

Post by cpyatak » Wed May 23, 2012 1:47 am

Have to say sweetwater's pretty great about being "on it" with customer support though...

simmerdown, the problem with that is that those freshly harvested organs end up breaking down a week after you get them...

regretfullySaid

Post by regretfullySaid » Wed May 23, 2012 12:22 pm

There's no money in the cure. It's supposed to be disposable. How else would they keep selling so much so often? You get what you pay for, etc etc.
ImageImage

noisetonepause

Post by noisetonepause » Wed May 23, 2012 2:17 pm

This is so obviously not true I don't even know why I'm replying.
Suit #1: I mean, have you got any insight as to why a bright boy like this would jeopardize the lives of millions?
Suit #2: No, sir, he says he does this sort of thing for fun.

evaodland

Post by evaodland » Wed May 23, 2012 3:28 pm

When you base purchase decisions wighted heavily on price over quality...then you end up with the cheap shit from china.

China makes good products too, but they are more expensive....like anything else....

Linear Phase

Post by Linear Phase » Wed May 23, 2012 3:57 pm

evaodland wrote:China makes good products too, but they are more expensive....like anything else....

My macbook pro, also built in china, broke within a year.. went in for warranty repair.
Linear Phase has left the building..

regretfullySaid

Post by regretfullySaid » Wed May 23, 2012 4:07 pm

This is so obviously not true I don't even know why I'm replying.
It's just a generalization. I'm talking about walmart culture.

Of course
When you base purchase decisions wighted heavily on price over quality...then you end up with the cheap shit from china.

China makes good products too, but they are more expensive....like anything else....
It's not like China's too blame. They're just meeting the demands they're given.
Like I said, you get what you pay for.
Sure there's going to be a case of 1:1000 goods having a problem, c'est la vie.
It really gets down to how severely the companies beat their slave labour. Ask Apple. They've got the beatings - and the subsequent quality - down pat.
"Net" worth? eh? eh?
"It's raining noobs!"
Last edited by regretfullySaid on Wed May 23, 2012 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Wed May 23, 2012 4:08 pm

:x :x :x :x :x

Mr. Wong and 100,000,000 of his closest friends and relatives are appalled by your statements.

they will march toward your house in a line 8 wide, shoulder to shoulder - infinitely.

beats me

Post by beats me » Wed May 23, 2012 7:22 pm

Obviously your feng shui is fucked up. You're going have a hard life ahead of you until you fix that shit.

:x