What has your hometown unleashed musically?

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
JuanSOLO

Re: What has your hometown unleashed musically?

Post by JuanSOLO » Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:24 am

do you still live there stringtapper?

what current bands are you familiar with there right now?

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:27 am

stringtapper wrote:Damn I may have partied with you guys at some point.

Born in Temple and grew up nearby, lived in Denton for the last 16.
^ i've heard your bass chops online... i'd have remembered you :wink:

one thing i do remember are chips and salsa.
how's that for a mind bender of a sentence?

one of these days i'll be back in the area... i expect restaurant drinking club memberships (prohibition era shit) and Dois Equis off the tap with both of you...

Juan you mentioned Austin a couple of posts ago... somebody should chime in from there...

...you guys ever see or remember hearing Soulhat? i remember being 8O blown away by them live some years back.

stringtapper

Post by stringtapper » Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:18 am

JuanSOLO wrote:do you still live there stringtapper?

what current bands are you familiar with there right now?
Yeah, still in music grad school at UNT.

Brutal Juice apparently has or is coming out with a new record, I see Craig the lead singer every once in a while.

Because of school I don't go out as much as I used to so it's hard for me to keep track of what people are doing. There seems to be a large noise band uprising going on from what I hear.

H20nly wrote: ^ i've heard your bass chops online... i'd have remembered you :wink:

one thing i do remember are chips and salsa.
how's that for a mind bender of a sentence?

one of these days i'll be back in the area... i expect restaurant drinking club memberships (prohibition era shit) and Dois Equis off the tap with both of you...
Cheers, Dos Equis and chips & salsa all the way some day!
H20nly wrote:...you guys ever see or remember hearing Soulhat? i remember being 8O blown away by them live some years back.
Opened for them once somewhere in Deep Ellum, Curtain Club maybe…? Yeah they were good. Made absolutely no sense on a bill with us, but we rarely made sense playing with anyone. :lol:
Unsound Designer

JuanSOLO

Post by JuanSOLO » Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:42 am

I havent Lived in Denton in years.
I played in Thorazine Dreams, then did a DUB outfit called "Kief on Texas Toast" back when they did Big Arse Beer nights at Rubber Gloves.
I grew up in Ft Worth and moved to Denton for the music, then got strung out and was notoriously banned form everywhere.
Made my way to Abilene, then back to Dallas, now in Shreveport LA doing computer animation and looking for people to rock with.
Most people I know from Denton moved on.
A friend of mine is doing NiteRisk there.
Before dubstep got out of hand, there was this cat going by Dragonman, dude was DOPE!
I won a Laptop Death match right after moving back to Dallas
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yuPHvU1w5sA

Still talk to the Sixteen Deluxe camp every now and then. Some one from Austin should definitely chime in.

Lars moved back to lil D doing the LZX industries thing, hopefully about to do some Phantasties shows!

I was doing some music with George Quartz prior to Shreveport. "Personal Victories with George Quarts" drummer from "Darktown Strutters," 2 guys from Misson Giant and one of those played in the DOOMS UK.

Denton is so incestuous.

One of the craziest things that happened was when Craig from Brutal Juice collected road kill and hung a trash bag full of it over the audience.
They shredded it with regret of course.

mikemc

Post by mikemc » Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:01 pm

Steely Dan
UTENZIL a tool... of the muse.