Working on a project with someone else.

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.

Yes
58%
No
8%
Depends
33%

Total votes: 12

footsy

Post by footsy » Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:39 am

Had this discussion with someone on twitter, but do any of you like to work on projects with someone else?

To be honest, I've only once and it got scraped. Never had it in a professional sense, and couldn't give you any examples of experience. I feel although that it would be fun, and more interesting to work on a song with a friend. Get new ideas, opinions, thoughts, etc... I just think i'd be fun to do, but all the "producers" I know are either retarded about it, or use FL Studio. therefore, I don't see a future of working with anyone anytime soon....

give me your vote, and your thoughts on why or why not.
"A Positive mind is the Key to success" - Tydi

supamonsta

Re: Working on a project with someone else.

Post by supamonsta » Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:55 am

group enhancement

motivation emulation

you just gotta dephase the band partner's motivational/creative curves (one being creative when the other's not is always good for the band)

creative ideas

1+1>2

and so on...

beats me

Post by beats me » Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:46 pm

For me it’s rare that a song gets completed when collaborating. Usually it goes back and forth a couple times and then interest is lost, especially if it’s a situation where its song fragments and you’re looking to stretch out the time length. Usually you just end up stacking more parts on it until it’s too much, that or you’re at different production levels or have different thoughts on where the song should go.

It’s probably just best to share a near finished track to have the other person add their flavor.

And collaborating over the internet is not the same thing as being in a band live, riffing off each other.

simmerdown

Post by simmerdown » Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:03 pm

ive done so many online collabs...always something to learn, try to collab with people better than you and soak up all you can

sometimes things do fall apart and do not get completed, thats just how it goes, does not always click, just move on

one freind in Fife scotland i have collabed on and of with for 3 years, salook, we just get along, out of the blue we just send eachother bits or loops we think the other could add to, sometimes it takes months to finish a track, but its a no pressure easy pace that fits

434Live

Post by 434Live » Sun Sep 09, 2012 4:35 am

2 minds are greater than 1
Anyone know any clubs you can get into when you're 15?

aisling

Post by aisling » Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:49 pm

434Live wrote:2 minds are greater than 1
+1. I always appreciate having human interaction.
http://soundcloud.com/aislingbeing

Live, Reason, Moog sub phatty, Moog sub 37, Ozone 6, guitars, Pedals, proper ergonomic sitting posture, french pressed coffee with a pinch of cardamon.

nathannn

Post by nathannn » Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:29 pm

i have always wanted to try a collab but i feel some one will open up a set of mine and not see any possibilities.
also i suck at mixing so most people would probably feel its to much work.
The Push / Novation Launch Pad / Novation Launch Pad Pro / Novation Launch Key
/ Launch Control XL / Machine MkII / Machine Studio / BeatStep / Livid OhmRGB / Livid Code V2 / Apc 40 MKII

no computers or synths

20 Copies of Ableton Live Lite.

Mint Invader

Post by Mint Invader » Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:50 pm

Its fun, but imho I never can get too much done when working with others vs. working alone. Less dicking around.
Because Whatever.

doghouse

Post by doghouse » Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:10 pm

If it's someone I know, like, we have similar tastes in music and they bring skills I lack (and vice versa), yes it's fun.

I've also tried collabs that didn't work out at all.