iPhone5

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
Angstrom

Re: iPhone5

Post by Angstrom » Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:05 pm

Machinesworking wrote:Windows users are like a major religion, say Born Again Christians.
I'd say Windows users are more like people who were raised as Christians but only go to church at weddings and funerals, and really aren't sure if they even believe in god, or ever care to think about it. It's really just some words on their passport.

I use Windows and it's fine, just an OS. I use Mac and it's OK, just an OS. I have an iPhone and an iPad and they are both well designed consumer items with a LOT of flaws.

Windows has lots of flaws (legacy code hell), Macs have lots of flaws (walled garden mentality). But I think of these with the same passion and commitment that I give my Smeg Dishwasher which needs a new pump, and my Bosch washing machine which needs a new drum bearing.

The very idea that somebody felt religious about a washing machine, or an operating system is a testament to a marketing genius, and some kind of issues in the minds of modern 'consumers'.

ian_halsall

Post by ian_halsall » Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:23 pm

It's a nightmare when your dishwasher breaks though.

I hate washing and drying dishes.

I'd rather do without my iphone than do the dishes.

rikhyray

Post by rikhyray » Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:27 pm

Indeed, it is odd, I dont really understand those religious attitudes - in both directions- Mac fanatics and Mac haters.
I dont mean mac vs. pc threads- that is simple , there are only fights between those who spent more then they wanted buying Apple and trying to convince themselves of doing right thing through giving testimony. The other camp are those who would like to have Mac but cannot afford it, or think they cannot afford it and try to convince themselves that using PC is great. Both camp use the confrontation mainly to convince themselves, what might see really like mac vs. pc is just cover for inner struggle of people without better things to do. The rest of the world uses whatever- mac or pc or both and just occasionally gets caught in those senseless discussions.
So the above is simple, but what is sort of intriguing there are some individuals who are totally possessed, waiting whole night to buy some phone or whatever, or visiting all kind of Mac fora to preach about PC superiority. I know some seemingly normal, intelligent people who can go totally insane hearing the word Apple, like "get mad"/switch off any reason button. It is much heavier in case of haters, not to mention that make even less sense. Why are they so mad about something they do not use and are not affected in any direct away, why a hell they care at all?

ian_halsall

Post by ian_halsall » Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:59 pm

I don't think that is strictly true.

I can afford a mac and I use a pc simply because that's what I am used to and it works ok.

I don't use the o/s that much for music - as long as Live and a few other apps work then I don't really care.

I also like to run a lot of monitors off my pc - 4 - not sure how well this works on mac - again I don't really care.

rikhyray

Post by rikhyray » Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:49 pm

ian_halsall wrote:I don't think that is strictly true.

I can afford a mac and I use a pc simply because that's what I am used to and it works ok.

I don't use the o/s that much for music - as long as Live and a few other apps work then I don't really care.

I also like to run a lot of monitors off my pc - 4 - not sure how well this works on mac - again I don't really care.
Of course it is "strictly true" - you are the example of what I meant by normal people who use whatever works better for them, whatever they like and don't care for the rest.

beats me

Post by beats me » Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:09 pm

My friend asked me this weekend what the new iPhone is going to bring to the table. Other than a larger screen and a different map app I really didn’t have anything to say. :x

BUT

On the same day he just got his 3 month old $400 Android phone replaced because the ear speaker stopped working. He could only talk to people over speakerphone. Within the last 2 months his girlfriend also had to replace her Android phone because she installed an app that somehow fucked up the OS beyond repair. :x

The main reason neither of them have an iPhone is because the iPhone isn’t available on the cheap-o service provider they use, but at this point they’re so fed up with their Android experience that they’re going to go with a big boy service provider that has iPhones available as soon as possible.

My friend has an iPod Touch so he knows what it’s like to not be messing around with a clunky OS. It's not a fanboy situation. It's a shitty user experience on Android.

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:09 pm

^ i'm not trying to get into the battle here... but WTF does the Android OS have to do with a faulty speaker?

i think you're trying to make some point about how its Androids fault that the speaker broke and that homegirl installed an app that sucks.

i could be wrong, but isn't it conceivable that speakers could break on an iPhone and that shitty apps could be installed too... or did i miss something by completely ignoring the iPhone 4S keynote conference/assembly/pep rally show?

ian_halsall

Post by ian_halsall » Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:32 pm

Hey rikhyray - you are a cock

beats me

Post by beats me » Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:38 pm

H20nly wrote:^ i'm not trying to get into the battle here... but WTF does the Android OS have to do with a faulty speaker?

i think you're trying to make some point about how its Androids fault that the speaker broke and that homegirl installed an app that sucks.

i could be wrong, but isn't it conceivable that speakers could break on an iPhone and that shitty apps could be installed too... or did i miss something by completely ignoring the iPhone 4S keynote conference/assembly/pep rally show?

You are correct. My inner retard got a little aggravated with the insinuation that Android is a never ending bliss train, which isn’t possible because their marketing is substandard. :x

stringtapper

Post by stringtapper » Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:09 pm

ian_halsall wrote:Hey rikhyray - you are a cock
Run along back to the playground so the adults can talk.
Unsound Designer

stringtapper

Post by stringtapper » Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:11 pm

H20nly wrote:…isn't it conceivable that…shitty apps could be installed too...
Well it's hard to dispute that it's certainly not as likely with how much control Apple maintains over iOS development standards.
Unsound Designer

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:01 pm

^ one feature on an Android that i'm up in the air about... the ability to install "non-marketplace apps" so i suppose the iOS equivalent (if it exists) would be "non appstore apps". i'm not sure where these apps are supposed to come from with the exception of the Amazon app store... which IMHO kinda sucks. there's this ability to buy shit there that you can't get at the standard google Play app market... example... you can Angry Birds Free at the app market. you can get Angry Birds Ad Free at Amazon :roll:

beats me

Post by beats me » Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:06 pm

H20nly wrote:^ one feature on an Android that i'm up in the air about... the ability to install "non-marketplace apps" so i suppose the iOS equivalent (if it exists) would be "non appstore apps". i'm not sure where these apps are supposed to come from with the exception of the Amazon app store... which IMHO kinda sucks. there's this ability to buy shit there that you can't get at the standard google Play app market... example... you can Angry Birds Free at the app market. you can get Angry Birds Ad Free at Amazon :roll:

You can jailbreak your idevice and use Cydia for apps that Apple doesn’t support. It’s also a way to pirate apps and stick it to developers who have the balls to think their development time is worth your $1. :x

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:18 am

beats me wrote: :x

RETARD IS THE NEW 'PANTS'

beats, verdict? Yay or Nay?

:x
I came for the :lol:
But stayed for the :x

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:29 am

well if you really hate PC shit that much...