bruce was the baddest ever, proof

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
steko

Re: bruce was the baddest ever, proof

Post by steko » Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:02 am

Rahad Jackson wrote:My Awesome Mix Tape #6

simmerdown

Post by simmerdown » Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:09 am

beatmunga

Post by beatmunga » Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:48 am

simmerdown wrote:yes, it was not bruce

http://www.snopes.com/photos/advertisem ... ngpong.asp

but! he was really awesome

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRf49fMVOLE
What is it with you West Coasters and this 'camp Chopsocky B-Movie actor as modern day Confucious' shtick?

Get enough of that from Tone Deft.

Fair play, Lee kept himself in shape. Awesome, as you guys like to say. But surely that's it, isn't it? Don't intellectualise it.

PS Apologies if you're not West Coast Simmer. But if not, sometimes it seems like you should be.
mendeldrive wrote:NOBODY designs their own sounds... There is ZERO point in reinventing the wheel.

Angstrom

Post by Angstrom » Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:55 am

beatmunga wrote:
simmerdown wrote:yes, it was not bruce

http://www.snopes.com/photos/advertisem ... ngpong.asp

but! he was really awesome

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRf49fMVOLE
What is it with you West Coasters and this 'camp Chopsocky B-Movie actor as modern day Confucious' shtick?

Some actual Bruce Lee quotes
  • "Be formless... shapeless, like water. Now you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You pour water into a bottle; it becomes the bottle. You put water into a teapot; it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow, or creep or drip or crash! Be water, my friend..."[103]
  • "I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once. But I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times."
  • "All types of knowledge, ultimately leads to self knowledge."[104]
  • "Use only that which works, and take it from any place you can find it".[105]
  • "Do not deny the classical approach, simply as a reaction, or you will have created another pattern and trapped yourself there".[106]
  • "Quick temper will make a fool of you soon enough".[107]
  • "I always learn something, and that is: to always be yourself. And to express yourself, to have faith in yourself. Do not go out and look for a successful personality and duplicate him".[108]
  • "It's not the daily increase but daily decrease. Hack away at the unessential."[109]
  • "Do not emulate Skrillex, or make any wubwub noises, you are far far too late for that shit"

so there's your answer

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:07 am

"Art reaches its greatest peak when devoid of self-consciousness. Freedom discovers man the moment he loses concern over what impression he is making or about to make."
-Bruce Lee

I have a bunch of books with Bruce Lee quotes in them, some of it's drivel, but there's some real insight in a lot of them too.

simmerdown

Post by simmerdown » Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:52 am

never said anything about his acting or quotes,i was talk pure phsical ability, take a nap beatmunga...and don't lump in with tonedeft, whatever your (incomprehensible) beef with him is

Casual Beats

Post by Casual Beats » Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:01 am

Angstrom wrote: [*]"Do not emulate Skrillex, or make any wubwub noises, you are far far too late for that shit"[/list]
so there's your answer
Bruce was alway way ahead of his time!

beatmunga

Post by beatmunga » Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:23 am

simmerdown wrote:never said anything about his acting or quotes,i was talk pure phsical ability, take a nap beatmunga...and don't lump in with tonedeft, whatever your (incomprehensible) beef with him is
Ok simmer, had a kip, sorry. Agreed, a great athlete.

I think the beef about Lee and Tone Deft stems from the latter telling me to be more like the former to get over my disappointment at Live's automation being all out of time on my music.

Like quoting Yoda at a person at the side of the road with a puncture. Infuriatingly unhelpful and smug but at the same time, almost imposiible not to find hilarious.

(where I come from anyway)
mendeldrive wrote:NOBODY designs their own sounds... There is ZERO point in reinventing the wheel.

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:13 am

i wonder what kind of delay compensation he had to apply to his kicks to avoid wrecking someone in their tracks??