long shot - early 90s madchester song that goes....

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
Forge.

long shot - early 90s madchester song that goes....

Post by Forge. » Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:07 pm

I just remembered a song I would have heard on the radio in about 1991 and I think it was from the 'madchester' stock, or at least in that style and that time and all I can remember is that it had a kind of chorus that went "hello hello hello hello-o-o" and the melody for that bit was like this:

yeah, it's a big long shot, and very strange and random for it to come into my head like that, but someone out there might know.... I never, ever found out what it was and I was sure it was fairly well known

not from any of the obvious ones though like happy mondays or stone roses I don't think... but sounded like them

pwdm

Re: long shot - early 90s madchester song that goes....

Post by pwdm » Sat Dec 01, 2012 4:49 pm

The Beloved / Hello ?
Facebook
Novation Nio, Novation Remote SL, Korg Padkontrol, Waldorf Blofeld, CME UF5, Ableton Live8, Max4Live, BCR2k, Akai APC20.

beatmunga

Post by beatmunga » Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:40 pm

pwdm wrote:The Beloved / Hello ?
+1 on The Beloved

Don't know what all those little dots on the lines are but the lyrics seem to match. 'Hello' was mildly famous in 1990 for its stream of consciousness name dropping. The critics thought it thoroughly Post-Modern, whilst the Wanky Students thought it, 'like, dead random'.

Jon Marsh was a Southerner but this was his shameful cash in on the Madchester thing.

However, his single before this, 'The Sun Rising', is one of the most perfect pieces of popular music ever made.
mendeldrive wrote:NOBODY designs their own sounds... There is ZERO point in reinventing the wheel.

Forge.

Post by Forge. » Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:53 am

pwdm wrote:The Beloved / Hello ?
oh my god that's it!! ha ha

thanks!

honestly, I think I heard it on the radio 2 or 3 times and then never found out who or what it was.... 20 years ago!!

I stayed with my dad's sister in Manchester in about '92 and I remember humming it to her like she'd have a clue and she looked at me like I was a lunatic... I just figured everyone in Manchester was in to the scene... :lol: