White House has to respond to demand to build a Death Star

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
LoopStationZebra

Re: White House has to respond to demand to build a Death Star

Post by LoopStationZebra » Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:06 pm

Let's ban these:

But by all means lets make MORE of THESE:

O
M
F
G

:lol:
I came for the :lol:
But stayed for the :x

beats me

Post by beats me » Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:37 pm

Best quote I heard on assault rifles: If your goal is to turn a deer into a fine mist then I support your need for an assault rifle.

earthloop

Post by earthloop » Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:06 pm

A very funny 'blast' from the past, but so relevant to this conversation :lol: :P

http://www.videoranch.com/html/NNSlarge.html

eddiex

Post by eddiex » Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:41 pm

Loop......what's sad about the Death Star thing is, there are petitions up on that site that address the drone strikes, children killing and in general more serious matters.....those petitions are only getting a few thousand signatures. The Death Star one got 34000 or something like that. I lower my head in shame.
cloud>https://soundcloud.com/eddiexdarko
i love you,please don't die.

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:16 pm

LoopStationZebra wrote:Let's ban these:

But by all means lets make MORE of THESE:

O
M
F
G

well yeah, that's where the moneys at... and we all know you can't put a price on human life... unless of course that number has at least two commas in it.

Forge.

Post by Forge. » Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:50 am

eddiex wrote:Loop......what's sad about the Death Star thing is, there are petitions up on that site that address the drone strikes, children killing ...
really? I'm getting sent stuff on facebook all the time about drone strikes and petitions from petition sites etc... I would have thought those "we are change" or "occupy" or "democracy now" etc would be all over that.

:!:

^I wonder if this marks the first time I totally agree with LSZ on something political! ;)

beats me

Post by beats me » Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:52 pm

We’ll be out of the Middle East soon enough, but we’ll be back in another decade or two after another group of “folks” launch an attack on the west. But maybe we’ll have a bunch of passivist isolationists some of you seem to be hoping for in office by then and instead of sending troops we’ll send a letter that says “I see your point. Well played.” :x

Forge.

Post by Forge. » Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:56 pm

beats me wrote:We’ll be out of the Middle East soon enough, but we’ll be back in another decade or two after another group of “folks” launch an attack on the west. But maybe we’ll have a bunch of passivist isolationists some of you seem to be hoping for in office by then and instead of sending troops we’ll send a letter that says “I see your point. Well played.” :x
if the US really did get out for good there wouldn't be any more attacks. but they won't

beats me

Post by beats me » Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:00 pm

Forge. wrote:
beats me wrote:We’ll be out of the Middle East soon enough, but we’ll be back in another decade or two after another group of “folks” launch an attack on the west. But maybe we’ll have a bunch of passivist isolationists some of you seem to be hoping for in office by then and instead of sending troops we’ll send a letter that says “I see your point. Well played.” :x
if the US really did get out for good there wouldn't be any more attacks. but they won't

And I suppose the region falling back in the hands of groups like the Taliban falls under “not my problem”? And as if the place was a peaceful utopia of human rights before we entered the region.

regretfullySaid

Post by regretfullySaid » Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:43 pm

I'm sure troops will be moved to West Africa soon enough. Unless of course we're in cahoots with al-qaeda to be there for future purposes, which wouldn't surprise me.

I'm not sure who you mean with passive isolationists but I really like the idea of helping to get rid of al-qaeda presence in Africa.
Last edited by regretfullySaid on Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:44 pm

beats me wrote:And I suppose the region falling back in the hands of groups like the Taliban falls under “not my problem”? And as if the place was a peaceful utopia of human rights before we entered the region.
this.

those Taliban dudes... whadda bunch of good guys!

the US should be ashamed that it interferes with their fun and games.

lowshelf

Post by lowshelf » Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:25 pm

> as if the place was a peaceful utopia of human rights

From what pictures I've seen and accounts I've read of the time, Afg was beautiful in the 60s and 70s.

This was before the US-instigated (according to Zbigniew Brzezinski, NSA under Carter) Russian invasion, and later hardline Taliban types funded entirely by Western govs and Saudis. So yeah, round of applause.

> another decade or two after another group of “folks” launch an attack on the west.

UH HUH.

beats me

Post by beats me » Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:54 pm

lowshelf wrote:> as if the place was a peaceful utopia of human rights

From what pictures I've seen and accounts I've read of the time, Afg was beautiful in the 60s and 70s.

This was before the US-instigated (according to Zbigniew Brzezinski, NSA under Carter) Russian invasion, and later hardline Taliban types funded entirely by Western govs and Saudis. So yeah, round of applause.

> another decade or two after another group of “folks” launch an attack on the west.

UH HUH.

Somebody from the UK scolding against invasion, starting wars, and leaving a region in worse shape than when they arrived. Did somebody spike your tea?

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:08 pm

:lol: no doubt.

his fish n chips are wrapped in the sports section of the Pakistan Gazette, India's finest cab drivers take him to the airport... and we're to believe that's because English weather is so attractive.

lowshelf

Post by lowshelf » Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:23 pm

beats - lol!!!
H20nly wrote:his fish n chips are wrapped in the sports section of the Pakistan Gazette, India's finest cab drivers take him to the airport... and we're to believe that's because English weather is so attractive.
Thanks Pam!