All times are UTC

 
 



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: White House has to respond to demand to build a Death Star
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:30 pm 

Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2007 9:15 pm
Posts: 12982
Location: The Wild West
lowshelf wrote:
Pam!


:?:


Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: White House has to respond to demand to build a Death Star
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:35 pm 

Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2009 5:57 pm
Posts: 10063
Forge. wrote:

^I wonder if this marks the first time I totally agree with LSZ on something political! ;)



8O :wink:

*sends Forge a Pint of his fav...*

_________________
http://soundcloud.com/loopstationzebra


H20nly wrote:
saving the planet from being taken over by robots, of course!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: White House has to respond to demand to build a Death Star
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:27 am 

Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:16 pm
Posts: 5571
Location: Earth
LoopStationZebra wrote:
Forge. wrote:

^I wonder if this marks the first time I totally agree with LSZ on something political! ;)



8O :wink:

*sends Forge a Pint of his fav...*
]

thanks but i finally quit drinking. No more alien interviews for me.

I suppose fav could include lemon squash.v 8)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: White House has to respond to demand to build a Death Star
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:34 am 

Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:16 pm
Posts: 5571
Location: Earth
beats me wrote:
lowshelf wrote:
> as if the place was a peaceful utopia of human rights

From what pictures I've seen and accounts I've read of the time, Afg was beautiful in the 60s and 70s.

This was before the US-instigated (according to Zbigniew Brzezinski, NSA under Carter) Russian invasion, and later hardline Taliban types funded entirely by Western govs and Saudis. So yeah, round of applause.

> another decade or two after another group of “folks” launch an attack on the west.

UH HUH.


:lol:


Somebody from the UK scolding against invasion, starting wars, and leaving a region in worse shape than when they arrived. Did somebody spike your tea?


oh we've definitely played our part in Afghanistan... going back 150 years... and also because of paranoia about the Russians.

But this is exactly my point... US AND UK (and SOVIET) interference is what lead to these douches in the first place.


Kabul in 1970:

Image

today:

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: White House has to respond to demand to build a Death Star
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:21 am 

Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:16 pm
Posts: 5571
Location: Earth
they've raised nearly 400k for it

http://rt.com/usa/news/death-star-const ... arter-847/

how you would feel about that if you were starving to death or lost your home...?!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: White House has to respond to demand to build a Death Star
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:37 pm 

Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2007 9:15 pm
Posts: 12982
Location: The Wild West
^ better. shit. it costs more than quadruple that for a SCUD missile.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: White House has to respond to demand to build a Death Star
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:27 pm 

Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2005 12:53 pm
Posts: 2862
Location: london
beats me wrote:
Somebody from the UK scolding against invasion, starting wars, and leaving a region in worse shape than when they arrived. Did somebody spike your tea?


That's a shit argument and you know it.

But if you really want to play that game, my ancestors stayed at home when others sailed off to start a new life on someone else's land.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: White House has to respond to demand to build a Death Star
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:55 pm 

Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2007 6:39 pm
Posts: 19374
Location: San Jose, CA
andydes wrote:
beats me wrote:
Somebody from the UK scolding against invasion, starting wars, and leaving a region in worse shape than when they arrived. Did somebody spike your tea?


That's a shit argument and you know it.

But if you really want to play that game, my ancestors stayed at home when others sailed off to start a new life on someone else's land.



Anything that happened in the last 100 years is a valid argument, 2,000 years if you are a Christian.

_________________
Cuddle Core :x


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: White House has to respond to demand to build a Death Star
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:13 pm 

Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2005 12:53 pm
Posts: 2862
Location: london
beats me wrote:

Anything that happened in the last 100 years is a valid argument, 2,000 years if you are a Christian.


Fine, pick an arbitrary number of years of history I should feel guilty for.

Your argument sounds like the current dispute with Argentina. A bunch of Latin Americans complaining that the Falklands is a product of European colonialism. :lol:

But since you've picked 100 years, what have we done in the last century that we haven't done with the US? Apart from voluntarily dismantle the old empire, of course.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: White House has to respond to demand to build a Death Star
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:48 pm 

Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2007 6:39 pm
Posts: 19374
Location: San Jose, CA
andydes wrote:
beats me wrote:

Anything that happened in the last 100 years is a valid argument, 2,000 years if you are a Christian.


Fine, pick an arbitrary number of years of history I should feel guilty for.

Your argument sounds like the current dispute with Argentina. A bunch of Latin Americans complaining that the Falklands is a product of European colonialism. :lol:

But since you've picked 100 years, what have we done in the last century that we haven't done with the US? Apart from voluntarily dismantle the old empire, of course.



Where were you when I actually made that comment about a month ago? I no longer have the steam or interest in discussing it. :P

_________________
Cuddle Core :x


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: White House has to respond to demand to build a Death Star
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:57 pm 

Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2005 12:53 pm
Posts: 2862
Location: london
Oh, right. Wasn't following the dates. Thought this all popped up recently.

But what hot topics do we have now? One prolific poster has retired and another had his thread erased.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: White House has to respond to demand to build a Death Star
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:07 pm 

Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2007 6:39 pm
Posts: 19374
Location: San Jose, CA
andydes wrote:
Oh, right. Wasn't following the dates. Thought this all popped up recently.

But what hot topics do we have now? One prolific poster has retired and another had his thread erased.



We're still free to bash on straight white men.

_________________
Cuddle Core :x


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: White House has to respond to demand to build a Death Star
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:30 pm 

Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2007 9:15 pm
Posts: 12982
Location: The Wild West
beats me wrote:
andydes wrote:
Oh, right. Wasn't following the dates. Thought this all popped up recently.

But what hot topics do we have now? One prolific poster has retired and another had his thread erased.



We're still free to bash on straight, American, white men... especially if they're Christian

fixed for accuracy.



or am i off base?

i can't say i remember the last time i saw someone come to the interwebz aid of any of that group on this forum. prostitutes, sadomasochists, and hedonists of all backgrounds and persuasions will be feverishly defended first.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

All times are UTC

 
 

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group