Gun control? We need medication control!!!!!

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
oslonovski

Re: Gun control? We need medication control!!!!!

Post by oslonovski » Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:00 pm

I for one am glad I'm allowed to own unlimited number of short barrel firearms, one shotgun,
unlimited ammo, no caliber/mag restrictions, concealed carry for self defense purposes. In freakin' EU.
Come and get it.

cmcpress

Post by cmcpress » Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:37 pm

oslonovski wrote:I for one am glad I'm allowed to own unlimited number of short barrel firearms, one shotgun,
unlimited ammo, no caliber/mag restrictions, concealed carry for self defense purposes. In freakin' EU.
Come and get it.
http://youtu.be/GQpfQd1397E

oslonovski

Post by oslonovski » Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:48 am

And that's why we can't have nice things.

Forge.

Post by Forge. » Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:32 am

more on the meds:

Actually in 2011 my son's teacher wanted me to get him tested, but she was dull as shit, and he got a different teacher the next year and had no problems.

Sage

Post by Sage » Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:32 pm

Why on earth are school teachers/schools diagnosing children?

Forge.

Post by Forge. » Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:46 pm

Sage wrote:Why on earth are school teachers/schools diagnosing children?
Well, I guess it's more that they are flagging them to go off and get tested, and parents aren't there at school with them all week to see what goes on, so to a degree you are at the mercy of what they think.

My son is a classic example of one of these kids who just has loads of energy and gets really bored really quickly if things move too slow. It was so obvious when he went into this year that it was down to the teacher. And we even actually took him to a doctor last year to look into it because the teacher said so, because he was struggling in a lot of ways.... but new year and new teacher with a bit of fucking energy and everything is fine....

Honestly I should have known from the minute I spoke to his old teacher that she was pretty brain dead...

I wonder how many people get caught up in that?

regretfullySaid

Post by regretfullySaid » Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:52 pm

I imagine with the amount of sugar intake, visual stimulation bombardment from everywhere, parents rushing between this and that and the usual energy of childhood, it's easy for kids to be hyper-hyper.

Then when parents are too busy-minded to actually think about that kind of shit they just listen to the teacher without questioning.

Sometimes you see this hustle and bustle of both parents working their asses off to provide everything they're trying to provide for themselves and their kids; nice house, vehicle, ballet, karate, sports, extracurricular, etc etc they don't have time to just chill out with their kids, or if they are chilling out half of their attention might be going to their phone or tablet. Funny, all the stuff they try to do to be good parents except what may be the most important part, spending focused time with them. It might actually prevent having a few nutjobs making the news as well.

Everyone just needs to turn everything off for a day and do something else without feeling like they're missing out on something which will cause their world to crash.
ImageImage

Vivo

Post by Vivo » Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:07 am

shadx312 wrote:Funny, all the stuff they try to do to be good parents except what may be the most important part, spending focused time with them. It might actually prevent having a few nutjobs making the news as well.
Oh, that's it in a nutshell. When do YOU get to influence your kids if first they're at school then at soccer practice and then with a nanny or on the internet?

I know it will never be like the 1950's leave it to beaver anymore but our
modern lifestyle is not a healthy environment for raising a child.

fishmonkey

Post by fishmonkey » Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:36 am

Vivo wrote:
shadx312 wrote:Funny, all the stuff they try to do to be good parents except what may be the most important part, spending focused time with them. It might actually prevent having a few nutjobs making the news as well.
Oh, that's it in a nutshell. When do YOU get to influence your kids if first they're at school then at soccer practice and then with a nanny or on the internet?

I know it will never be like the 1950's leave it to beaver anymore but our
modern lifestyle is not a healthy environment for raising a child.
amen brother. i can't even find the time to teach my daughter to shoot straight.

Vivo

Post by Vivo » Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:55 am

Alex Jones vs Piers Morgan On Gun Control - CNN 1/7/2013

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XZvMwcluEg

LOL!!! Piers Morgan avoids the drug violence connection like the plague.

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:30 am

Alex Jones is an idiot.

regretfullySaid

Post by regretfullySaid » Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:41 pm

Dude is a full on spaz

Why can't there be a centered adult like Frank Zappa as the posterchid for questioning authoritay and conspiracy talk?
Last edited by regretfullySaid on Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage

andydes

Post by andydes » Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:01 pm

Would be nice if there was one cause of these things. Change one thing and it all goes away.-

It's the number of guns!
It's video games!
It's big pharma!
It's Marilyn Manson!

Sadly, these things tend to be more complicated than that.

The kind of medication you're talking about can have a really positive effect on people's lives. If it's prescribed responsibly, taken correctly, monitored properly, etc.

But they are serious mind altering substances that should never be given to anyone lightly.

The guys at "big pharma" who develop them know this. I'm not sure if that message gets as far as the marketing department.

regretfullySaid

Post by regretfullySaid » Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:16 pm

I think the central issue is these kids feel alienated and they don't know how to express themselves and they don't see any way out. Part of it has to do with the way society is. If there were certain types of people that could show them they have the potential to channel their feelings in a better way and have a potentially better future without sounding like a puss about it then maybe it would help.

As long as that side of things doesn't even pop up in the conversation then this country really is fucked.
The last thing people want to do is admit they have an ugly side.

And even though the 2nd amendment was to protect against tyrannical govt; that hasn't stopped a damn thing now, has it?
ImageImage

Vivo

Post by Vivo » Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:15 pm

shadx312 wrote:Dude is a full on spaz

Why can't there be a centered adult like Frank Zappa as the posterchid for questioning authoritay and conspiracy talk?
There is-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... hsPxkgfAAs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... oGP93KSAqA

BTW, here's the BBC video Jesse was referring to and Piers ignored.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltP2t9nq9fI

Sure, Alex is a loud mouth and he doesn't come across well but he was making solid points.

Why does style blind people over substance?

People who dismiss the substance of what Alex was saying are already bias against his point of view and can only attack him and not his message.