Gun control? We need medication control!!!!!

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
fishmonkey

Re: Gun control? We need medication control!!!!!

Post by fishmonkey » Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:32 am

in a country awash with guns, it's never going to be hard to get your hands on one, no matter what kind of registration system is in place.

regretfullySaid

Post by regretfullySaid » Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:11 am

Yeah but in the last couple decades even registered owners or people who have bought guns for others have caused problems.
Also some of these sellers need to be held responsible for selling guns to people who are obviously not of sound mind ie
There was a video with a guy who was at the gun shop talking about how out of it the aurora guy seemed when he was buying.
The recent daily show episode covered gun control options pretty well.
ImageImage

doc holiday

Post by doc holiday » Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:29 pm

ian_halsall wrote: I like the cars analogy - but do you think that making the license holder of the gun responsible would decrease the problem?

I do think it would help, and by holding them responsible I do mean 2nd degree murder charges if your gun kills someone.

If the gun commits a crime, that guns owner should be charged.

although getting all those guns registered would be a big hassle. Guns are so easy to get, that's what freaks me out. In AZ you can carry concealed without a permit so if the police are checking out some thugs and they are concealing guns it's OK.

I really feel that the gun manufactures know they do a lot of business with criminals and are lobbying for the right to give easy access of guns to criminals.

XSIMan

Post by XSIMan » Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:46 am

Today a kid went into a school in the USA and shot another kid dead with a shot gun the teacher was injured but able to talk the kid into putting his gun down.

The problem isn't criminals with guns it's kids with revenge on their minds or mental problems getting their parents gun or getting an older friend to buy a gun and then killing more people before the cops show up than what you can kill with a knife.

parents with no guns and no gun shops means crazy kids have to use a knife instead which lowers the death count by a huge amount.

11,000 shot dead in the USA last year vs 35 shot dead in the UK

Why because in the Uk you cant blow a brain gasket and go to your local shop and buy gun on your way to your revenge spot / Cinema or School, workplace.

regretfullySaid

Post by regretfullySaid » Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:00 am

The problem isn't criminals with guns it's kids with revenge on their minds or mental problems getting their parents gun or getting an older friend to buy a gun and then killing more people before the cops show up than what you can kill with a knife.
Well now we can't admit that that's the real problem because it isn't as black and white as gun control. I mean, then we'd have to examine what's wrong with our culture, the pharmer's market, parenting, all sorts of issues. No, it's better to just avoid it and stick to blaming something else.
ImageImage

ian_halsall

Post by ian_halsall » Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:17 pm

surely the logical conclusion of this argument is that people should be allowed any weapon since the state has weapons and the people need to defend themselves against out of control leaders and dictators.

no fucker is gonna fuck with me when they break into my house and see me tooled up with half a dozen hydrogen bombs

Vivo

Post by Vivo » Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:44 pm

cmcpress wrote:
Vivo wrote:Alex Jones vs Piers Morgan On Gun Control - CNN 1/7/2013

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XZvMwcluEg

LOL!!! Piers Morgan avoids the drug violence connection like the plague.
http://www.mediaite.com/tv/jon-stewart- ... ry-hitler/

"[John Stewart] finally addressed the Piers Morgan interview last night as well as several other instances of gun advocates fearing a repeat of Hitler’s reign or Mao’s or Stalin’s.

“Now I get it, now I see what’s happening,” he said. “Their paranoid fear of a possible dystopic future prevents us from addressing our actual dystopic present.” We can’t do anything, he added, because the right is too worried about the rise of “imaginary Hitler.”"
I just saw John Stewart's take on the school massacre and on gun control.

I love John Stewart but WOW, what a tool! In his entire segment, he never once mentioned the drugs the kid was taking as the possible cause for this new mass killing phenomenon. The second amendment and guns have been around for a long time in the USA. SSRIs drugs have not. Instead of showing the Alex Jones clip where he's taking about the correlation between SSRI drugs and mass shootings, you chose to show another clip. And on top of that, as a Jew, you make light of the possibility of the rise of another Hitler. As if it
could never happen again. Wow, What a dipsh*%t.

Now *I* get it, now *I* see what’s happening. Now I know who you are working for John Stewart.

ian_halsall

Post by ian_halsall » Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:02 am

Vivo wrote:
cmcpress wrote:
Vivo wrote:Alex Jones vs Piers Morgan On Gun Control - CNN 1/7/2013

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XZvMwcluEg

LOL!!! Piers Morgan avoids the drug violence connection like the plague.
http://www.mediaite.com/tv/jon-stewart- ... ry-hitler/

"[John Stewart] finally addressed the Piers Morgan interview last night as well as several other instances of gun advocates fearing a repeat of Hitler’s reign or Mao’s or Stalin’s.

“Now I get it, now I see what’s happening,” he said. “Their paranoid fear of a possible dystopic future prevents us from addressing our actual dystopic present.” We can’t do anything, he added, because the right is too worried about the rise of “imaginary Hitler.”"
I just saw John Stewart's take on the school massacre and on gun control.

I love John Stewart but WOW, what a tool! In his entire segment, he never once mentioned the drugs the kid was taking as the possible cause for this new mass killing phenomenon. The second amendment and guns have been around for a long time in the USA. SSRIs drugs have not. Instead of showing the Alex Jones clip where he's taking about the correlation between SSRI drugs and mass shootings, you chose to show another clip. And on top of that, as a Jew, you make light of the possibility of the rise of another Hitler. As if it
could never happen again. Wow, What a dipsh*%t.

Now *I* get it, now *I* see what’s happening. Now I know who you are working for John Stewart.
I am out of this argument now - I don't want to involve myself in the pointless slaughter of your own people - it's not my country.

But hold on - isn't that the reason you invaded eye raq? to stop them killing themselves?

And of course there's huge problems with society but the ease with which you can kill someone with an automatic weapon is!

Your society is much the same as Britain - probably similar levels of fucked upness - but you gotta admit that going out to the cinema with a bread knife is far less damaging than a visit to Waitrose with an Uzi.

regretfullySaid

Post by regretfullySaid » Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:14 am

But guns have been available easily for a long time.

School shootings have gone up in the past 20 years.
You know what else has gone up in the past 20 years? Internet bullying.

If anyone cared about the issue they would address that it's about psychological problems as a side-effect of the source of the problem.
But that issue won't be talked about in the media, because tyranny runs it and they want to take the guns away from us so we can't defend ourselves from them whatever they're planning next with their NWO agenda. Theoretically.
I'd like to add that since Jones has been focusing on the NWO instead of overall general conspiracy (ufo's, etc) I think he's being more valid than I've previously seen years ago. Though he still should practice some restraint imo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZkJ_ZiX_Tek

Mixed feelings on that one
ImageImage

Vivo

Post by Vivo » Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:05 am

shadx312 wrote:But guns have been available easily for a long time.

School shootings have gone up in the past 20 years.
You know what else has gone up in the past 20 years? Internet bullying.

If anyone cared about the issue they would address that it's about psychological problems as a side-effect of the source of the problem.
But that issue won't be talked about in the media, because tyranny runs it and they want to take the guns away from us so we can't defend ourselves from them whatever they're planning next with their NWO agenda. Theoretically.
I'd like to add that since Jones has been focusing on the NWO instead of overall general conspiracy (ufo's, etc) I think he's being more valid than I've previously seen years ago. Though he still should practice some restraint imo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZkJ_ZiX_Tek

Mixed feelings on that one
I do remember reading about two different cases. One about a homosexual teenaged boy and the other about a girl committing suicide due to Internet bullying. I've never heard about an Internet bullying case that escalated to
a mass shooting though.

"Violence isn't going to work. The machine wants violence as it justifies further oppression" I agree with this quote.

Forge.

Post by Forge. » Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:15 am

shadx312 wrote:..
There was a video with a guy who was at the gun shop talking about how out of it the aurora guy seemed when he was buying.
:lol: :lol:

Forge.

Post by Forge. » Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:19 am

shadx312 wrote:I imagine with the amount of sugar intake, visual stimulation bombardment from everywhere, parents rushing between this and that and the usual energy of childhood, it's easy for kids to be hyper-hyper.

Then when parents are too busy-minded to actually think about that kind of shit they just listen to the teacher without questioning.

Sometimes you see this hustle and bustle of both parents working their asses off to provide everything they're trying to provide for themselves and their kids; nice house, vehicle, ballet, karate, sports, extracurricular, etc etc they don't have time to just chill out with their kids, or if they are chilling out half of their attention might be going to their phone or tablet. Funny, all the stuff they try to do to be good parents except what may be the most important part, spending focused time with them. It might actually prevent having a few nutjobs making the news as well.

Everyone just needs to turn everything off for a day and do something else without feeling like they're missing out on something which will cause their world to crash.
exactly. the irony is in the 50s they used to talk about this utopian future where all the mod cons would allow us more time for luxury and less work, and it's gone the complete opposite way.