Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
Homebelly

Re: UFOs/Aliens - the extra terrestrial question

Post by Homebelly » Tue Dec 25, 2012 2:48 am

Vivo wrote:
Homebelly wrote:
Vivo wrote:Pumapunku, the "The Door of the Puma".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Hp2Qgxr30o
I'll see you Puma Punku, and raise you 3 hours of debunking...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9w-i5oZqaQ
The part about the Great Pyramids is particularly interesting.
But the Puma Punku part is also very good.

As to subject as a whole.
I'm not unconvinced that there are other "Civilisations" out there.
How ever, i'm also a long long way from being convinced they are coming here.
It seems to me that the entire basis of the argument for them visiting, and even interacting with us
is a typical case of people making evidence fit the hypothesis.
It seems way to much energy is spent coming up with fantastic ideas of how it is happening, and then it becomes a game of chinese whispers
Only instead of the story changing it just gets bigger and bigger and more fantastic.
The "scientific" theory that stones weighing more than a hundred tons were moved on trees doesn't make sense.

1. How did they lift the stone to get the trees under it in the first place?
2. Under that weight trees would just break.
3. Here's the real shit's and giggles part. Let's say somehow you got the trees under a
stone block that weights a 100 tons and the trees didn't break. You still got to lift
theses jigsaw puzzle stones and put them into place. What do you do, build a ramp? LOL
4.The ramp theory. Imagine being at the base of that ramp. If you think dragging this stone
was hard, now we're going to do it at an incline!
5. So let's pretend your successful in dragging this stone, now what. Are you going to drag it into place?
watch the movie i have given you the link to. All of your questions will be answered, and then some.
You will need beer and pop corn...
Pace your self.. its a long one and i would hate for the beer to cloud your judgment.
15" 2.4 MBP/Live/Sampler/Operator/ Home made Dumble clone/Two Strats/One Jazz Bass.
Come and visit any time= Soundcloud

Vivo

Post by Vivo » Tue Dec 25, 2012 4:44 am

Talk is cheap. I'd like to SEE these guys move a 100 ton stone on trees **native** to the area and place it on top of another perfectly cut one;otherwise, it's just a theory.
Last edited by Vivo on Tue Dec 25, 2012 5:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Homebelly

Post by Homebelly » Tue Dec 25, 2012 5:19 am

Vivo wrote:Talk is cheap. I'd like to SEE these guys move a 100 ton stone on trees naive to the area and
place it on top of another perfectly cut one;otherwise, it's just a theory.
I'm not sure why you are focusing on trees.. there are way more interesting "Theories" than how the rocks got there, and any way.. that part is explained in the movie.
And even if it wasn't, the rocks where rolled there on trees still a way more realistic "Theory" than "Aliens built it".

But hay..
If thats how you want to roll, good for you.
15" 2.4 MBP/Live/Sampler/Operator/ Home made Dumble clone/Two Strats/One Jazz Bass.

Forge.

Post by Forge. » Tue Dec 25, 2012 8:19 am

Last edited by Forge. on Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

infernal.machine

Post by infernal.machine » Tue Dec 25, 2012 8:29 am

Vivo

Post by Vivo » Tue Dec 25, 2012 8:33 am

Homebelly wrote:
Vivo wrote:Talk is cheap. I'd like to SEE these guys move a 100 ton stone on trees naive to the area and
place it on top of another perfectly cut one;otherwise, it's just a theory.
I'm not sure why you are focusing on trees..
That part does not make sense to me. That's not an obelisk. The stones at Pumapunku are really wide. How are you going to get a rope underneath a 100 ton stone. What are you going to use as a counter weight to lift it up?
Can rope withstand 100 tons of pressure?

Again, I'd love to see them try their theory out on a stone that big.
Last edited by Vivo on Tue Dec 25, 2012 8:38 am, edited 2 times in total.

Vivo

Post by Vivo » Tue Dec 25, 2012 8:35 am

infernal.machine wrote:Image
Volcanoes, Not Meteorite, Killed Dinosaurs, New Study Suggests

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/0 ... 58395.html

infernal.machine

Post by infernal.machine » Tue Dec 25, 2012 8:38 am

Forge.

Post by Forge. » Tue Dec 25, 2012 8:38 am

Last edited by Forge. on Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

infernal.machine

Post by infernal.machine » Tue Dec 25, 2012 8:47 am

Forge. wrote:
Homebelly wrote:... still a way more realistic "Theory" than "Aliens built it".
well, maybe instead of "realistic" you should say "socially acceptable". If you accept the premise that they have been visiting Earth since the dawn of time then I don't know you could claim that theory is "unrealistic".

I'm not saying I agree with that theory specifically, I haven't looked at it at all yet. I keep seeing the name though, so I will check it out.

Honestly I actually find it amazing that people can be so sure that it's not real actually. I can maybe understand it if you have a religious belief that states we are the only world that god created, but even priests from the vatican have come out saying they think god presides over many worlds.

But for anything else, all you have to do is look up at night. It's incredible to me that anyone could think our sun is the only one with life around it. It seems amazingly egocentric. We're not important, we're just one species on one planet circling around one of trillions and trillions of stars.

And if that's not the main argument against, then the other one is that they can't travel the vast distances. But even there, we went from the horse and cart to space travel in 100 years and we are still right at the beginning as far as our scientific understanding and technological advancement goes. Mainstream science is currently talking about extra dimensions and multiple universes in all seriousness. They have theorised that 96% of the universe is "dark" matter or energy to try and explain why the law of conservation of energy doesn't seem to apply to the expanding universe, so we are quite happy to accept that we only actually see 4% of the universe, and only understand a small portion of that.

We know fuck all.

Yes I totally agree that it is impossible to travel to even the nearest star using chemical propelled rockets, but that technology is 70 years old. Actually, I find it more convincing that there are secret programs that are withheld from the majority of us under the guise of "national security" just because that goes some way to explaining why we seem to have stalled in many ways scientifically. I mean, a lot of the theories we are still working with are 100 years old.

If you think about it, a lot of the best scientific minds we have end up working for contractors like Lockheed Martin etc, they have to sign NDAs and swear an oath of secrecy, to get access to highly classified patents that are just denied to the rest of us. God only knows what they know that we don't. I certainly see no evidence to suggest that these kinds of corporations share their knowledge for the good of humanity when they have any kind of advantage, usually the opposite. Just look at "big pharma" - they don't research anything that they can't patent or make money out of, regardless of how many lives would be saved.

I actually agree. Volcanoes are very likely at least partially (if not totally) behind the dinosaur extinction. Based on the EVIDENCE available, it is a very rational thing to believe.

Although citing some reporter for the HuffingGlue Post that accidentally stumbled across a geology conference on her way to buy a gallon of pcp is probably not the most solid of sources, but I recognize a couple names in the intro paragraphs from their PEER REVIEWED PUBLISHED WORK, so it's not all bad.

Forge.

Post by Forge. » Tue Dec 25, 2012 9:08 am

funken wrote:Merry Crimbletide Forge.
ditto!

Homebelly

Post by Homebelly » Tue Dec 25, 2012 9:42 am

I've gone as far down the rabbit hole as i am prepared to go with this topic and this thread.
I try and stay clear of these emotive threads now a days, they tend to become evangelical missions on the part of the believers to try and convince the non believers, and then when that doesn't work it all starts to get a bit personal.

I'll close by saying this.

I have not seen any physical evidence to sugest that we are being visited by aliens, or that we are interacting with them either peacefully or in an adversarial manner. What we do get to see or hear are badly photocopied documents or tapes of people doing their jobs and then reams and reams of analysis by other people, most of whom have very little if any credibility, second guessing what those documents or tapes are REALLY saying. This is true for both the UFO community and the "Truthers".

At this point, like i said earlier, i am not convinced we are alone in the universe.
However, i am fairly certain that we are not being visited, or that they are among us.
It took me a long time to reach this point. I read a load of books, and spent a lot on bandwidth and i'm not convinced.
The last thing i watched was the ancient aliens thing.. now that shit was hilarious but went right off the rails the second Eric Von Däniken pop up.
But so much of what they put forward, and the people putting it forward, has been debunked i'm amazed they got funding.

But any how.

Forge and Vivo... you go head and do what you gotta do.

I'm out.

Cheers, and happy 2013! 8) :D :D

Forge.

Post by Forge. » Tue Dec 25, 2012 10:25 am

Last edited by Forge. on Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:19 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Eventful

Post by Eventful » Tue Dec 25, 2012 10:25 am

funken wrote: These are good questions. You should send them to Richard Dolan
funken wrote: The whipping must put air in and this stops it exploding.

Forge.

Post by Forge. » Tue Dec 25, 2012 10:44 am

simmerdown wrote:we are the aliens, ancient and present
well yeah, the question of "what are aliens" could be hard to answer if there really are human looking ones as some of these people claim... I'm definitely not opposed to the idea that our origins could extend beyond what we currently think we know.