Giving up drugs - it's easy!

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
ian_halsall

Re: Giving up drugs - it's easy!

Post by ian_halsall » Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:23 am

it would be an alcohol free night of course - nothing in the slightest unhealthy

in fact because because even travel has risk this event should not take place

from now on everyone must stay indoors cowering in corners and never leave home for fear of something bad happening

only eating starch, vitamin tablets, soy protein and water

regretfullySaid

Post by regretfullySaid » Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:26 am

The fact that we have our persoanl information on the interwebz and just being connected at this moment is suicidal in itself. I guess we're all thrillseekers in that sense, aren't we?

It'd probly be a good idea not to open our mouths either because it just takes that one wrong strain of bacteria to fuck things up, and you know how much we already host to the micro-world....

Btw crack kills gingivitis, dead.
ImageImage

ian_halsall

Post by ian_halsall » Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:38 am

yeah nutters - insane - the risks we take

regretfullySaid

Post by regretfullySaid » Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:44 am

8O
Last edited by regretfullySaid on Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage

Forge.

Post by Forge. » Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:02 am

shadx312 wrote:The fact that we have our persoanl information on the interwebz and just being connected at this moment is suicidal in itself. I guess we're all thrillseekers in that sense, aren't we?
I guess I'm not the only one guilty of getting paranoid then going back and editing posts then?

I'd probably need to delete my entire profile to feel really comfortable though. And it wouldn't matter anyway. It's all there lurking somewhere, ready to pounce when I finally find that dream job and my prospective employer finds mounds of certifiable rantings on the Ableton forum....

Forge.

Post by Forge. » Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:04 am

funken wrote:
Forge. wrote:my cousin still goes once a week despite being sober for over 15 years...

And yet Easyway cures people completely in 4 hours. Which is most successful?
I think the point there was more about the fact that it gave her something else, and she now has a whole bunch of friends from it and provides something that she gets some benefit from.

And again, I very much doubt this easy way would work for someone who doesn't want to quit.

Forge.

Post by Forge. » Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:09 am

funken wrote:
Forge. wrote:
On the Alan Carr topic - I have to say despite Funken's borderline autistic spamming of it making me feel like I need to oppose it almost on principle, it worked on my ex for smoking so well it shocked the hell out of me. She's always been a bit of a diet obsessive/food nazi and when we first got together she was going on about it to me and I said to her as long as she was smoking she had no right to talk about anything health related, so she read that book and just never had another cigarette. Not a word, never once said a thing about it, just stopped. I was amazed.
You were 'amazed' and 'shocked', yet it is 'autistic spamming' for me to put up a thread to discuss it.
do you not think we might have got the message by now? In fact the first post was probably enough to get that point across. No harm in talking about the topic, but in my mind that doesn't really mean pounding us with quote after quote telling us that Jon Bon Jovi or Nellie Melba or whoever thinks it's great and trying to prove us all wrong for offering our collective different experiences.

This is definitely a situation where 'following the data' means listening to the experiences of people who have been there and done it, not telling them that their method was inferior and they could have done it better some other way.

Why are you so keen to sell this BTW, Do you get a commission?

regretfullySaid

Post by regretfullySaid » Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:10 am

when I finally find that dream job
That could be an illusion in itself, and to top it off, having an employer for one, and one that won't hire you because of who you are for another, doesn't seem like much of a dream job.

"When I finally get that dream thing...." that's why it's a dream.
Last edited by regretfullySaid on Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage

Forge.

Post by Forge. » Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:17 am

funken wrote:
Forge. wrote: alcohol crept in later to deal with day to day stress.
except that alcohol lowers your ability to deal with stress.

Look at alcos. Do they seem like confident people? No. Alcohol makes you stressed. It wrecks your nervous system. The only time I've felt stressed recently was the day I gave up, not because I was worried about giving up, because I'd finished the bottle the night before and it was more than normal.
that's absolutely right - but it's a self perpetuating cycle. You get more anxious, so you feel you need a drink to deal with it. It's like Juansolo's comment about heoin and flu - if you have to deal with flu then you deal with it, but if you know that heroin would stop it that's all you can think about.

The good news with alcohol related anxiety is that it passes in only a few days. The habits don't necessarily change that quickly though.

Forge.

Post by Forge. » Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:20 am

shadx312 wrote:
when I finally find that dream job
That could be an illusion in itself, and to top it off, having an employer for one, and one that won't hire you because of who you are for another, doesn't seem like much of a dream job.

Even good employers admit that their boss is the customer.
yeah you're right. They can keep their stinking job.

Maybe it will be some journalist trying to character assasinate. Or a member of the opposing political party when i run for office. I have no idea what evil plot awaits me, but I know there is probably more than enough material to destroy me forever.... :twisted:

regretfullySaid

Post by regretfullySaid » Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:23 am

Well I think the good news is that you're hardly as certifiable as Funken or myself.

Then again it's this culture and people who blindly follow it that is certifiable, not me, so /shrug
For the sake of my own sanity I can only play along so much.

Insert picture of smiling Mel Gibson here
ImageImage

Forge.

Post by Forge. » Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:36 am

shadx312 wrote:Well I think the good news is that you're hardly as certifiable as Funken or myself.

Then again it's this culture and people who blindly follow it that is certifiable, not me, so /shrug
For the sake of my own sanity I can only play along so much.

Insert picture of smiling Mel Gibson here
oh I've had my moments...

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
-Jiddu Krishnamurti

Right on!

It's a fair cop, but society it to blame.

ian_halsall

Post by ian_halsall » Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:54 am

Well I don't say anything that contentious about myself.

Just random crap about lady boys and shoes and underpants.

regretfullySaid

Post by regretfullySaid » Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:57 am

-Jiddu Krishnamurti

Right on!

Well, "society is to blame" is a little extreme imo. As long as we have avenues to have a positive influence in society, (and there's at least one avenue that can't be avoided unless you're completely out of society) then perhaps the "if you're not part of the solution then you're part of the problem" angle might have some play here, as much as I'm not into that mentality. 1 person can have a lot of influence. It doesn't take that much work to change things locally, including politics. I don't mean being a politician, but taking part as a proactive citizen. I mean, there are still areas of politics that aren't corrupt and work as they should. There's plenty of levels to change society for the better, so "society is to blame" is kind of a cop out imo.

However, weak petty minds outnumber sound ones and nothing attracts a weak petty mind like a position of power, so, gear up and onward ho :wink:
It gets tiring innit.
ImageImage

Forge.

Post by Forge. » Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:18 pm

shadx312 wrote:

-Jiddu Krishnamurti

Right on!

Well, "society is to blame" is a little extreme imo. .
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... yFs#t=369s