Giving up drugs - it's easy!

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
Timbeaux

Re: Giving up drugs - it's easy!

Post by Timbeaux » Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:14 am

sugar is adrug, sex is a drug, oxygen is a drug.

falling in love is the biggest drug cocktail u can get.

even to wrinting in forums u can get addicted :/

d.reamonn

Post by d.reamonn » Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:35 am

I have a doctor friend who one day found a mouse in his attic. Rather than set out a mouse trap (with Camambert!), he chose to have a bit of fun—he set out some water for it. Then, over course of two months, he began adding white wine to the water, gradually increasing the amount each day. By the time the two months were up, the little mouse was living off undiluted Swiss white wine. It was then that my friend abruptly switched back to pure water. He found the mouse dead the next day. Curiosly enough, before finally letting go, the little mouse had chopped one if his arms off, put up a little sign claiming he was a war veteran, and began asking passers-by for change.

Point is: Ain't no mouse ever fought in 'Nam.
Last edited by d.reamonn on Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:05 pm, edited 5 times in total.
https://soundcloud.com/maybe-logic

"I wanted to not like your [music], but it's actually pretty awesome. Banana hammock."
- eddiex

d.reamonn

Post by d.reamonn » Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:42 am

funken wrote:What a sad story. Poor mouse. :(
Alcoholics are victims. They need to give themselves up to a higher power.

"I wanted to not like your [music], but it's actually pretty awesome. Banana hammock."
- eddiex

Post by 102455 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:55 am

A mouse with arms. That's just weird.

cmcpress

Post by cmcpress » Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:00 pm

d.reamonn wrote:I have a doctor friend who one day flound a mouse in his attic. Rather than set out a mouse trap (with Camambert!), he chose to have a bit of fun—he set out some water for it. Then, over course of two months, he began adding white wine to the water, gradually increasing the amount each day. By the time the two months were up, the little mouse was living off pure Swiss white wine. It was then that he abruptly switched back to pure water. He found the mouse dead the next day. Curiosly enough, before finally letting go, the little mouse had chopped one if his arms off and put up a little sign claiming he was a war veteran and asking for change.

Point is: Ain't no mouse ever fought in 'Nam.
Pure fucken Poetry.

cmcpress

Post by cmcpress » Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:02 pm

funken wrote:Heroin, cannabis, alcohol, smoking, cocaine. They are all drugs. There is no big difference between them really. They all act on the same brain receptors and reward pathways in fact. People find them hard to give up, they kill people.

Actually they are all easy to give up. The addiction is 99% in the mind, and is cause by beliefs that are false.

The 'experts' make it worse. They contribute to the problem.

There is an easy way to give up all of these drugs, and that is to reassess your beliefs about them. De-brainwash yourself. The bainwashing is in our culture, in 'common wisdom', in what the 'experts' tell us.

The answers are all contained in the books written by Allen Carr.

note - it is said that stopping alcohol suddenly can be dangerous to a small percentage of alcoholics. I will try to find out more. The Royal College of Psychiatrists do recommend Allen Carr's Easy Way to Control Alcohol book.

Are you an alcholic? Have you ever been an adddict?

d.reamonn

Post by d.reamonn » Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:08 pm

cmcpress wrote:
funken wrote:Heroin, cannabis, alcohol, smoking, cocaine. They are all drugs. There is no big difference between them really. They all act on the same brain receptors and reward pathways in fact. People find them hard to give up, they kill people.

Actually they are all easy to give up. The addiction is 99% in the mind, and is cause by beliefs that are false.

The 'experts' make it worse. They contribute to the problem.

There is an easy way to give up all of these drugs, and that is to reassess your beliefs about them. De-brainwash yourself. The bainwashing is in our culture, in 'common wisdom', in what the 'experts' tell us.

The answers are all contained in the books written by Allen Carr.

note - it is said that stopping alcohol suddenly can be dangerous to a small percentage of alcoholics. I will try to find out more. The Royal College of Psychiatrists do recommend Allen Carr's Easy Way to Control Alcohol book.

funken has already admitted to past addictions to nicotine, THC, alcohol and public charity. He also believes, despite his history of substance abuse, that he should be allowed to annex England's private sector.

- eddiex

d.reamonn

Post by d.reamonn » Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:10 pm

Am I the only one here to notice that fat people always seem to know more about eating healthily than healthy people do? :x

- eddiex

d.reamonn

Post by d.reamonn » Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:22 pm

funken wrote:
cmcpress wrote:

Is this an interrogation? By the way the words are spelled alcoholic and addict.
And "geolgy".

- eddiex

d.reamonn

Post by d.reamonn » Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:27 pm

Pele was a good fottbaler,
Sampras was toffee as tennnis,
funken did 1st grade geolgy,
Where his teacher did coke off his pennnis.

Jsut sya on.

- eddiex

d.reamonn

Post by d.reamonn » Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:36 pm

funken wrote:very good!
When I get sad, I write a song.

- eddiex

d.reamonn

Post by d.reamonn » Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:54 pm

funken wrote:why are you sad dreamon?Image
viewtopic.php?f=40&t=188869

- eddiex

cmcpress

Post by cmcpress » Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:14 pm

funken wrote:Is this an interrogation? By the way the words are spelled alcoholic and addict.
In the literal sense (as in I am asking you a question), yes. Is correct spelling a precept for you to answer a question? In that case: Have you ever been an alcoholic or addict?

cmcpress

Post by cmcpress » Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:28 pm

funken wrote:Why are you asking?
It's pertinent to your contention at the start of the thread.

Are you evading answering the question?

cmcpress

Post by cmcpress » Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:31 pm

funken wrote:Define alcoholic and addict.
That's something you should be doing as it's your contention.

But I'll play. I'm assuming of course that you want to carry on in the spirit of a debate and not get lost in semantics ;)

I would define it as someone with a habitual, psychological or physical dependence on and abuse of alcohol (in the case of an alcoholic) or any other substance or behaviour (in the case of an addict). Specifically, but also not exclusively, (and this is extending the definition into a social sphere) where that dependence or abuse is harmful to themselves or others around them or prevents normal functioning (such as in the case of OCD or obsessive phobias).

What's your definition?