Giving up drugs - it's easy!

Discussion of anything not related to audio or music production
Post Reply
d.reamonn
Posts: 1176
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:24 pm

Re: Giving up drugs - it's easy!

Post by d.reamonn » Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:38 pm

funken wrote:Here's a book on giving up cannabis by an author influenced by Allen Carr.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Quitting-Ca ... p_t_2_5QRN

Personally I smoked it daily for 20 years and then stopped, and I've not had it for 10 years, but if I'd had this book I'm sure it would have been easier, as I can guess what it's like after reading 2 of Carr's books.

I believe the author was cured of a heroin addiction by Carr's method.
Breaking news, LSD cures addiction: http://www.scientificamerican.com/artic ... me-addicts

Effective for 59% of trial patients, compared to 50% for Carr's dated method, and 38% for an LSD placebo.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/science-news/9131181/LSD-could-treat-alcoholism-because-trips-make-you-reassess-addiction.html wrote:Dr David Nutt, former advisor on drugs to the government, said: "I think this study is very interesting and it is a shame the last of these studies were done in the 1960s.

"I think these drugs might help people switch out of a mindset which is locked into addiction or depression and be a way of helping the brain switch back to where it should be, in a similar way that Alcoholics Anonymous programmes do."
Currently, the NHS says it has "no plans to introduce LSD as treatment for addiction". Critics claim conspiracy.
Last edited by d.reamonn on Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
https://soundcloud.com/maybe-logic

"I wanted to not like your [music], but it's actually pretty awesome. Banana hammock."
- eddiex

simmerdown
Posts: 3761
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2011 3:36 pm
Location: Northwest Nowhere

Re: Giving up drugs - it's easy!

Post by simmerdown » Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:43 pm

shrooms cure too

this whole thread explains funkens recent extra passive/aggressive eratic behavior, not and excuse, but and explanation

Image
Last edited by simmerdown on Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

d.reamonn
Posts: 1176
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:24 pm

Re: Giving up drugs - it's easy!

Post by d.reamonn » Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:46 pm

simmerdown wrote:shrooms cure too

this whole thread explains funkens recent extra passive/aggressive eratic behavior, not and excuse, but and explanation
I got addicted to LSD, cured myself with Carr's books, got addicted to those, did shrooms, etc. I'm currently riding a typically English tea fix, but who knows where I'll be tomorrow.
https://soundcloud.com/maybe-logic

"I wanted to not like your [music], but it's actually pretty awesome. Banana hammock."
- eddiex

simmerdown
Posts: 3761
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2011 3:36 pm
Location: Northwest Nowhere

Re: Giving up drugs - it's easy!

Post by simmerdown » Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:59 pm

tried crack? i hear its really easy to quit

d.reamonn
Posts: 1176
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:24 pm

Re: Giving up drugs - it's easy!

Post by d.reamonn » Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:27 pm

funken wrote:"Of those who had taken LSD, 59 percent decreased their alcohol consumption"

In Carr's clinics, 90% quit outright, and stay off for at least 3 months, which is how long they are monitored for (under the money back guarantee).
51% for 12 months.
https://soundcloud.com/maybe-logic

"I wanted to not like your [music], but it's actually pretty awesome. Banana hammock."
- eddiex

d.reamonn
Posts: 1176
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:24 pm

Re: Giving up drugs - it's easy!

Post by d.reamonn » Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:35 pm

In fact, I don't actually know any smokers who haven't already quit for 3 months. YOUR ARGUMENT IS INVALID.
https://soundcloud.com/maybe-logic

"I wanted to not like your [music], but it's actually pretty awesome. Banana hammock."
- eddiex

d.reamonn
Posts: 1176
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:24 pm

Re: Giving up drugs - it's easy!

Post by d.reamonn » Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:40 pm

funken wrote:That's smoking isn't it?
"All drugs are the same" - funken
https://soundcloud.com/maybe-logic

"I wanted to not like your [music], but it's actually pretty awesome. Banana hammock."
- eddiex

d.reamonn
Posts: 1176
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:24 pm

Re: Giving up drugs - it's easy!

Post by d.reamonn » Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:41 pm

simmerdown wrote:shrooms cure too

this whole thread explains funkens recent extra passive/aggressive eratic behavior, not and excuse, but and explanation

Image
They look like they're highfiving.
https://soundcloud.com/maybe-logic

"I wanted to not like your [music], but it's actually pretty awesome. Banana hammock."
- eddiex

regretfullySaid
Posts: 8913
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:50 pm

Re: Giving up drugs - it's easy!

Post by regretfullySaid » Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:44 pm

d.reamonn wrote:
funken wrote:That's smoking isn't it?
"All drugs are the same" - funken
That gives an inspiring idea for a one-man play (comedy) about a man trying to talk himself out of digging his own grave (while he's digging his own grave).
ImageImage

simmerdown
Posts: 3761
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2011 3:36 pm
Location: Northwest Nowhere

Re: Giving up drugs - it's easy!

Post by simmerdown » Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:47 pm

tiny, angry lil turtle..poor lil turtle

NO...angry turtle!

Machinesworking
Posts: 11118
Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2004 9:30 pm
Location: Seattle

Re: Giving up drugs - it's easy!

Post by Machinesworking » Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:52 pm

d.reamonn wrote:In fact, I don't actually know any smokers who haven't already quit for 3 months. YOUR ARGUMENT IS INVALID.
This. It's why statistics like "50% quite for three months under supervision" etc. are snake oil.

You want actual solid numbers only count those that have stayed off their drug of choice for 1 year or more.
Preferably 3 years or more, as that would mostly take the person through all possible triggers.
Sad thing is with cigarettes recidivism is still an issue years later. Probably due to the benign nature of the drug.

simmerdown
Posts: 3761
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2011 3:36 pm
Location: Northwest Nowhere

Re: Giving up drugs - it's easy!

Post by simmerdown » Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:25 pm

funken wrote: Anyway, I'm done. Out of here.
the thread, the Live forum, or life?

d.reamonn
Posts: 1176
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:24 pm

Re: Giving up drugs - it's easy!

Post by d.reamonn » Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:29 pm

funken wrote:Dreamon, if it made no difference, why would millions pay for the clinics? I gave up for nearly 2 years but started again. The willpower method just makes it hard.

Since I gave up 3 years ago I've never craved a fag except maybe the first few days.

Anyway, I'm done. Out of here.
Why do millions buy hardware and plugins they use twice and then forget about?

Incidentally, I quit smoking 9 months ago and haven't craved a fag for the last 8 of those. I have never read Carr's book. I do however have a bunch of friends, who have read his book, tried quitting multiple times, and failed each of those.

If you started again after 2 years... the word we have for you is "idiot"—after a 3 days, most physical symptoms are gone, after 1 week, nearly all are gone, after 1-2 months, you're pretty much good. Unless you're an idiot. So after two years? That's not a relapse, that's a whole new addiction cycle. Good job.

Hey everybody, this guy started smoking again after two years—we should get advice from him on how to stop!!!

Am I the only one here to notice that fat people always seem to know more about eating healthily than healthy people do?
https://soundcloud.com/maybe-logic

"I wanted to not like your [music], but it's actually pretty awesome. Banana hammock."
- eddiex

simmerdown
Posts: 3761
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2011 3:36 pm
Location: Northwest Nowhere

Re: Giving up drugs - it's easy!

Post by simmerdown » Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:32 pm

so, fag is ok in the UK, but not retard...note to self

d.reamonn
Posts: 1176
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:24 pm

Re: Giving up drugs - it's easy!

Post by d.reamonn » Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:43 pm

simmerdown wrote:so, fag is ok in the UK, but not retard...note to self
Some forms of mental illness are more socially acceptable than others.

[ Humans ]
https://soundcloud.com/maybe-logic

"I wanted to not like your [music], but it's actually pretty awesome. Banana hammock."
- eddiex

Post Reply