All times are UTC

 
 



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 132 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: femen/ The disposable Male.
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:49 am 

Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2004 9:30 pm
Posts: 9626
Location: Seattle
scott nathaniel wrote:
But that's the point d.reamonn was making: If that guy had instead been in an Armani suit and graced with the salt and peppery do of a Clooney, would that same guy, regardless of personality and intent, be creepy? I say yes, because Hawaiian shirts are solely for the evil!

Agreed entirely, there are tiers for creepy that are more about the "ladder" than anything else, but the point was made because these girls in particular were rocker/goth chicks, and a guy in Armani would be just as suspect of just wanting to get laid only. One rule of women over men is that even if they're just looking to get laid, they always want the faint possibility of a relationship, so some guy from out of town with a long black leather coat and some decent tattoos wouldn't be creepy in this case. :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: femen/ The disposable Male.
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:01 am 

Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2008 6:52 pm
Posts: 669
Machinesworking wrote:
scott nathaniel wrote:
But that's the point d.reamonn was making: If that guy had instead been in an Armani suit and graced with the salt and peppery do of a Clooney, would that same guy, regardless of personality and intent, be creepy? I say yes, because Hawaiian shirts are solely for the evil!

Agreed entirely, there are tiers for creepy that are more about the "ladder" than anything else, but the point was made because these girls in particular were rocker/goth chicks, and a guy in Armani would be just as suspect of just wanting to get laid only. One rule of women over men is that even if they're just looking to get laid, they always want the faint possibility of a relationship, so some guy from out of town with a long black leather coat and some decent tattoos wouldn't be creepy in this case. :lol:

I do believe you have made it abundantly clear that there are very few absolutes- especially when dealing with the quirks and qualms of humanity. One gal's creep is another gal's husband, and so on!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: femen/ The disposable Male.
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:20 am 

Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:24 pm
Posts: 1176
Machinesworking wrote:
scott nathaniel wrote:
But that's the point d.reamonn was making: If that guy had instead been in an Armani suit and graced with the salt and peppery do of a Clooney, would that same guy, regardless of personality and intent, be creepy? I say yes, because Hawaiian shirts are solely for the evil!

Agreed entirely, there are tiers for creepy that are more about the "ladder" than anything else, but the point was made because these girls in particular were rocker/goth chicks, and a guy in Armani would be just as suspect of just wanting to get laid only. One rule of women over men is that even if they're just looking to get laid, they always want the faint possibility of a relationship, so some guy from out of town with a long black leather coat and some decent tattoos wouldn't be creepy in this case. :lol:

I would argue it's more a question of plausible deniability. Women (generally) don't want to be labelled sluts. Do you really think Rose thought she and DiCaprio were going to sail off into the sunset?

_________________
https://soundcloud.com/maybe-logic

"I wanted to not like your [music], but it's actually pretty awesome. Banana hammock."
- eddiex


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: femen/ The disposable Male.
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:24 am 

Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:24 pm
Posts: 1176
scott nathaniel wrote:
Machinesworking wrote:
scott nathaniel wrote:
But that's the point d.reamonn was making: If that guy had instead been in an Armani suit and graced with the salt and peppery do of a Clooney, would that same guy, regardless of personality and intent, be creepy? I say yes, because Hawaiian shirts are solely for the evil!

Agreed entirely, there are tiers for creepy that are more about the "ladder" than anything else, but the point was made because these girls in particular were rocker/goth chicks, and a guy in Armani would be just as suspect of just wanting to get laid only. One rule of women over men is that even if they're just looking to get laid, they always want the faint possibility of a relationship, so some guy from out of town with a long black leather coat and some decent tattoos wouldn't be creepy in this case. :lol:

I do believe you have made it abundantly clear that there are very few absolutes- especially when dealing with the quirks and qualms of humanity. One gal's creep is another gal's husband, and so on!

Hence higher and lower social value—it's all relative. But here's the dirty little secret that people just don't seem to get: it has nothing to do with suits (although suits can help in certain contexts); rather it's all about attitude. Act as if a girl is of lower value than yourself and you'll never appear creepy to her.

_________________
https://soundcloud.com/maybe-logic

"I wanted to not like your [music], but it's actually pretty awesome. Banana hammock."
- eddiex


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: femen/ The disposable Male.
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:41 am 

Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2008 6:52 pm
Posts: 669
d.reamonn wrote:
scott nathaniel wrote:
scott nathaniel wrote:
But that's the point d.reamonn was making: If that guy had instead been in an Armani suit and graced with the salt and peppery do of a Clooney, would that same guy, regardless of personality and intent, be creepy? I say yes, because Hawaiian shirts are solely for the evil!


I do believe you have made it abundantly clear that there are very few absolutes- especially when dealing with the quirks and qualms of humanity. One gal's creep is another gal's husband, and so on!

Hence higher and lower social value—it's all relative. But here's the dirty little secret that people just don't seem to get: it has nothing to do with suits (although suits can help in certain contexts); rather it's all about attitude. Act as if a girl is of lower value than yourself and you'll never appear creepy to her.

I'm not so certain, amigo; for millenia males have acted as if females were of lower value and, well, they seemed to have been rendered slightly pissed.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: femen/ The disposable Male.
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:58 am 

Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2008 6:52 pm
Posts: 669
d.reamonn wrote:
Hence higher and lower social value—it's all relative. But here's the dirty little secret that people just don't seem to get: it has nothing to do with suits (although suits can help in certain contexts); rather it's all about attitude. Act as if a girl is of lower value than yourself and you'll never appear creepy to her.


In addition, perhaps you, d.reamonn, and I, are latent homosexuals. Think about it: We persistently write in a forum with the full knowledge that our posts will be read and subsequently responded to by males. We attempt to appeal through quips, elegant phrasing and reason. Through writing we court a response, a reaction, and ultimately attention-all from dudes. We're gay, man. Can I buy you a drink?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: femen/ The disposable Male.
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:13 am 

Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2004 9:30 pm
Posts: 9626
Location: Seattle
d.reamonn wrote:
I would argue it's more a question of plausible deniability. Women (generally) don't want to be labelled sluts. Do you really think Rose thought she and DiCaprio were going to sail off into the sunset?

Didn't see the movie you're referencing but I get your point, although I think the story they tell themselves is that it's a plausible scenario. I don't think the situation is internally honest enough for most people to claim plausible deniability. That's more of the realm of men claiming they were really drunk when they went home with the fat girl.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: femen/ The disposable Male.
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:27 am 

Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2004 9:30 pm
Posts: 9626
Location: Seattle
d.reamonn wrote:
Hence higher and lower social value—it's all relative. But here's the dirty little secret that people just don't seem to get: it has nothing to do with suits (although suits can help in certain contexts); rather it's all about attitude. Act as if a girl is of lower value than yourself and you'll never appear creepy to her.

That's only true of a certain kind of single female, if there are more than one this is about the dumbest thing you can do.

Also the movie quote you naturally expected me to get is a clear indication that Scott may be right about the whole gay thing. :lol:


Last edited by Machinesworking on Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: femen/ The disposable Male.
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:38 am 

Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2008 6:52 pm
Posts: 669
Machinesworking wrote:
d.reamonn wrote:
Hence higher and lower social value—it's all relative. But here's the dirty little secret that people just don't seem to get: it has nothing to do with suits (although suits can help in certain contexts); rather it's all about attitude. Act as if a girl is of lower value than yourself and you'll never appear creepy to her.
That's only true of a certain kind of single female, if there are more than one this is about the dumbest thing you can do.


Also the movie quote you naturally expected me to get is a clear indication that Scott may be right about the whole gay thing. :lol:


Hey, I've helped you with your quote, now help me more: Be my wingman. I think I can bed this guy!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: femen/ The disposable Male.
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:48 am 

Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2004 9:30 pm
Posts: 9626
Location: Seattle
Hey d.reamonn, Scott is only single because he's picky, but I think you may have a chance with him. I would tell him how cute his opinions are and compliment his diction. :twisted:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: femen/ The disposable Male.
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:54 am 

Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2008 6:52 pm
Posts: 669
Machinesworking wrote:
Hey d.reamonn, Scott is only single because he's picky, but I think you may have a chance with him. I would tell him how cute his opinions are and compliment his diction. :twisted:

I new I could count on you. I was afraid you might inundate us with heavy text. You know, NW oatmeal shit. Any way, I'll call you in the morning, fingers crossed!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: femen/ The disposable Male.
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:31 am 

Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2007 9:15 pm
Posts: 12990
Location: The Wild West
:lol:


*dusts lapel and approaches bar with a wad of 20s in a rubber band*


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 132 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

All times are UTC

 
 

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group