And people say DJs just stand there pretending to do things

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
beats me

Re: And people say DJs just stand there pretending to do things

Post by beats me » Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:39 pm

Theo Void wrote:Right! Thats a good idea. I'm gonna start throwing Deadmau5 shows at the venue here in Pittsburgh. I could charge $150.00 per ticket and just have a sick light show then set my iPod to crossfade and shuffle a deadmau5 playlist. Dude, I'm about to get paid!!!!

Now that’s just silly, but I approve. But seriously, imagine these rock star DJ/producers on stage without any of the lights or video.

Look up old school rap live shows with a DJ on a massive stage with a bunch of hype men pacing around with no lights or video. Makes even the top performers look like they are doing some cheap local public access show. Silly.

Theo Void

Re: And people say DJs just stand there pretending to do things

Post by Theo Void » Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:10 pm

I know right. I'm sure something will happen soon and everyone will come back down to earth and realize watching a regular dude on stage pushing buttons isn't all that entertaining. Plus, you can't even see the guy really or what he's doing. Dance is made to be danced to. Fuck the dick-head being paid $200,000 to stand on a stage. Stop looking at him, he's not that special. DANC and have fun!!