All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 124 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: UK legalises gay marriage
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:08 am 

quiet_ou wrote:
Hmmm.

Methinks you guys should all go and make some music.

I'm off now anyway, this place is doing my head in!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:55 pm 

In respect of efforts to ensure equal rights for everyone this bill represents encouraging step forward.
More needs to be done not only on this but as well other similar issues worldwide
if we want to call Earthlings civilized and prosperous.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:26 pm 

A lot more, Dr Spock

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:35 pm 

^ he forgot his keys. :wink:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:57 pm 

funken wrote:
Machinesworking wrote:
Some advice, don't treat every post by various members as reflective of their over all posting, it makes for your arguments and drama with them to spill over into every thread you post in.

You hypocrite. You are telling me not to do something which you do all the time.

OK name some thread where some old argument with you or d.reamonn, or H2O, or anybody really spills over to other thread because I overreacted to their contribution to some unrelated thread. You can't because I simply don't do that. In fact if I agree with them I simply say it, I'm not prone to thinking a person is some sort of Stalin character because I disagree with them, that seems to be your cup of tea though. :?

Quote:
I have had nearly 6 months of non-stop attacks from H2Only and Simmerdown. Then docprosper joined in. Then he wrote me an PM apologising. Then he joined in again. Then you joined in. Then you wrote me a long PM about the mental health of another well known forum member. I ignored it. You are all petty-minded shit stirrers. You drag this forum down. I would rather have dreamon back on mine, at least he is funny some of the time.
The lowest of low IMO is bringing up PMs to make your point about the character of the person you're in a disagreement with, congratulations. I would never mention your PMs to me as some sort of leverage, it's just not very civilized. I respect people more than that.

All in all, if you look back through my posts in regards to you it's consistent. It's basically me telling you to calm down and respect other peoples opinions. Simmerdown is a great example of someone I've never had issue with, who lost it at you and now hounds you. I can't talk to him about it, you're an asshole and he's righteously attacking you in his mind obviously. Why did this happen? why are you singled out? you're not the only extreme leftist here. Well my original beef with you still stands, on any issue you chime in on you tend to belittle the opponent, you quote them and post such awesome comebacks as "what?" "this is nonsense.." then a shit ton of links everyone is supposed to diligently read in order to agree with your point.... pedantic to a fault, and completely uncompromising in terms of that language. It's not hard, all you would have to do to not be singled out is to stop acting like you're here to teach everyone, and stop responding to insults. Sure some people would continue to be dicks, but it's amazing how lame you look if the person you're insulting ignores you, and they eventually just ignore you as well. It really doesn't take too long.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:05 pm 

funken wrote:
dreamon [...] is funny some of the time.

Now I'm sad funken is leaving. I feel like we bonded. Unlikely friends in unlikely times...

"I wanted to not like your [music], but it's actually pretty awesome. Banana hammock."
- eddiex

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:09 pm 

d.reamonn wrote:
funken wrote:

Now I'm sad funken is leaving. I feel like we bonded. Unlikely friends in unlikely times...

rotflmao!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:10 pm 

funken wrote:
d.reamonn wrote:
funken wrote:

rotflmao!

Photo or never happened.

"I wanted to not like your [music], but it's actually pretty awesome. Banana hammock."
- eddiex

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:21 pm 

Machinesworking wrote:
funken wrote:
Machinesworking wrote:
Some advice, don't treat every post by various members as reflective of their over all posting, it makes for your arguments and drama with them to spill over into every thread you post in.

You hypocrite. You are telling me not to do something which you do all the time.

OK name some thread where some old argument with you or d.reamonn, or H2O, or anybody really spills over to other thread because I overreacted to their contribution to some unrelated thread. You can't because I simply don't do that. In fact if I agree with them I simply say it, I'm not prone to thinking a person is some sort of Stalin character because I disagree with them, that seems to be your cup of tea though. :?

I'm just not interested in this ridiculous drivel. No offence.

Machinesworking wrote:
Quote:
I have had nearly 6 months of non-stop attacks from H2Only and Simmerdown. Then docprosper joined in. Then he wrote me an PM apologising. Then he joined in again. Then you joined in. Then you wrote me a long PM about the mental health of another well known forum member. I ignored it. You are all petty-minded shit stirrers. You drag this forum down. I would rather have dreamon back on mine, at least he is funny some of the time.
The lowest of low IMO is bringing up PMs to make your point about the character of the person you're in a disagreement with, congratulations. I would never mention your PMs to me as some sort of leverage, it's just not very civilized. I respect people more than that.

Congratulations on dragging me down to that level.

Machinesworking wrote:
All in all, if you look back through my posts in regards to you it's consistent. It's basically me telling you to calm down and respect other peoples opinions.

Listen, I set up a forum so people could write their opinions,and I could read them. The people on there are of all shades of opinion. There are no arguments. No friction. Nothing like that. I invited you personally. But you would rather attack me in public than debate with me in a civilised way.

Machinesworking wrote:
Simmerdown is a great example of someone I've never had issue with, who lost it at you and now hounds you. I can't talk to him about it, you're an asshole and he's righteously attacking you in his mind obviously. Why did this happen? why are you singled out? you're not the only extreme leftist here. Well my original beef with you still stands, on any issue you chime in on you tend to belittle the opponent, you quote them and post such awesome comebacks as "what?" "this is nonsense.." then a shit ton of links everyone is supposed to diligently read in order to agree with your point.... pedantic to a fault, and completely uncompromising in terms of that language. It's not hard, all you would have to do to not be singled out is to stop acting like you're here to teach everyone, and stop responding to insults. Sure some people would continue to be dicks, but it's amazing how lame you look if the person you're insulting ignores you, and they eventually just ignore you as well. It really doesn't take too long.

Thanks for the lecture. You know, there's nothing I like more than a nice lecture from someone like you.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:23 pm 

d.reamonn wrote:
Photo or never happened.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:26 pm 

funken wrote:
Machinesworking wrote:
Simmerdown is a great example of someone I've never had issue with, who lost it at you and now hounds you. I can't talk to him about it, you're an asshole and he's righteously attacking you in his mind obviously. Why did this happen? why are you singled out? you're not the only extreme leftist here. Well my original beef with you still stands, on any issue you chime in on you tend to belittle the opponent, you quote them and post such awesome comebacks as "what?" "this is nonsense.." then a shit ton of links everyone is supposed to diligently read in order to agree with your point.... pedantic to a fault, and completely uncompromising in terms of that language. It's not hard, all you would have to do to not be singled out is to stop acting like you're here to teach everyone, and stop responding to insults. Sure some people would continue to be dicks, but it's amazing how lame you look if the person you're insulting ignores you, and they eventually just ignore you as well. It really doesn't take too long.

Thanks for the lecture. You know, there's nothing I like more than a nice lecture from someone like you.
at least he doesn't loose his marbles.

maybe you could try telling him how wrong he is for his definition of self respect and integrity. you could probably pull in some quoted statistics from the web and really make him re-think his stance on his own moral code.

you should get on that... the next time you leave, of course.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:33 pm 

funken wrote:
Listen, I set up a forum so people could write their opinions,and I could read them. The people on there are of all shades of opinion. There are no arguments. No friction. Nothing like that.

Because you ban anyone who doesn't have a double major in Womynz Studies and Sensitivity-Driven Monologue.

- eddiex

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:52 pm 

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 3:01 am 

funken wrote:
Listen, I set up a forum so people could write their opinions,and I could read them. The people on there are of all shades of opinion. There are no arguments. No friction. Nothing like that. I invited you personally. But you would rather attack me in public than debate with me in a civilised way.

If you can't behave on this forum, then why would I think you're going to be more civilized in a forum you moderate surrounded by your friends?
It's near impossible to separate arguments from debates, and the fact there are no arguments there is simply because there are no real debates there either.
I would not trust you to be able to separate argument from debate, meaning you would be fine with your 'version' of ad homonym attacks but not others 'versions'.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:58 am 

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 124 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next