how to load live packs?

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
Flange

how to load live packs?

Post by Flange » Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:50 pm

How do I load my live packs with ableton 9 with macbook? I have downloaded them, do I just click on the alp files to load? Once Ive done this can I delete them from my downloads folder?
DAW - Ableton 10. System - Windows 10. Interface - Fireface UC

artpunk

Re: how to load live packs?

Post by artpunk » Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:09 am

Flange wrote:How do I load my live packs with ableton 9 with macbook? I have downloaded them, do I just click on the alp files to load? Once Ive done this can I delete them from my downloads folder?
With Live open, I select File > install Pack & navigate to the location of the Pack I want to install (in the downloads folder in your case) & select it. Once it is installed you can delete it *note - I usually copy my downloaded alp to a usb drive to install it on my other authorised computer however, as it's quicker for me than downloading the same pack(s) twice... We have slow broadband where I live!

“... it was just to make an average listener go: ‘What the fuck is this?’ That’s a real inspiration for me and something that I will explore more on upcoming recordings.”
- Wally De Backer (Gotye) quoting Ween's intention behind making records

artpunk

Post by artpunk » Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:38 pm

funken wrote:Ableton - why not put some instructions on the Packs download page?

When you go to the Ableton webpage, you can just right click on a pack and tell it to open with Live. Live will put it in the right loction for you.
Fran - Regarding doing the 'right click open with Live' thing from Abe's - I've always been concerned about what happens if I lose internet connection doing that. I know if I get a corrupt pack in the Library I can just re-install it again, but I like to download it for the other reason given above (to transfer it to my other authorised computer)

“... it was just to make an average listener go: ‘What the fuck is this?’ That’s a real inspiration for me and something that I will explore more on upcoming recordings.”

AfroDjMac

Post by AfroDjMac » Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:37 am

Anyone know if our user created packs can be stored in the brower places under "Packs?" I love the packs being nice and organized like that, but I want my packs to be there too!
-AfroDjMac -New York producer, songwriter, live electronic musician
http://www.afrodjmac.com

artpunk

Post by artpunk » Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:52 am

AfroDjMac wrote:Anyone know if our user created packs can be stored in the brower places under "Packs?" I love the packs being nice and organized like that, but I want my packs to be there too!
So far I haven't been able to work out how to store them in Packs with the ones I have downloaded from Ableton. I get prompted to choose a destination to install them instead. I tried selecting the factory packs folder, but Ableton then installs the third party .alp as a project & it doesn't show up as a Pack when browsing the Packs folder. I don't know if I have things wrong or if there is a way to get these other packs to show as 'packs'...
If anyone else knows please share!

Edit: I see another thread is already talking about this: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=190580