PBR??

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
footsy

Re: PBR??

Post by footsy » Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:33 am

bartend7 wrote:Why do so many like PBR? come on whats the deal? I don't have a beard or vintage clothing. Are those necessary for enjoyment? that beer just six
It's bad ass because it's "cheap" even though it costs the same as beast, coors, miller, bud, etc...

It's a stupid hipster thing because alot of rock bars have PBR pounders, well they do atleast where I live.

Anyone that drinks only homemade beer or PBR but nothing else can suck a D.

Personally, Coors or Bud. :P
"A Positive mind is the Key to success" - Tydi

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:27 am

Never got the low mid range beer thing at all?
Whenever I could afford it, the way to get drunk was to buy a six pack of micro brews and follow it with the cheapest garbage out there.
PBR sucks when you first drink it and is overpriced after you can't taste anything anyway. I often make fun of my friends who drink that shit.

Brutal trick for those with no cash, get the cheapest iced beer you can and a single can of Mountain Dew or Sprite, put about a tablespoon of it to a can of beer.
Cuts the shit taste.

Seriously though? I have a natural revulsion to trends, and if I still drank wouldn't be caught dead drinking PBR, simply because it's not the cheapest, has no redeeming qualities, and marks you as a douche.

docprosper

Post by docprosper » Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:38 pm

in my neck of the woods, PBR is reserved half for hipsters and half for rednecks.
hipsters trying to look like rednecks = educated males trying to look like gangbangers = inordinately stupid IMO

anyway, there's shit cheap beer and then there's good cheap beer:
Funk N. Furter wrote:Post properly.
Ableton Live Suite | M4L | Powerbook | Launchpad | APC40 | Faderfox | 2x1200 | Xone:96 | ...
---> http://soundcloud.com/kilcraft

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:40 pm

H20nly wrote:don't kid yourself. it's because its cheap.

THIS.

ffs.

On another note, IPA is fucking SWILL. I don't understand how anyone can drink that shit. It's like high priced urine that people have somehow convinced themselves is good.

FFS

:x
I came for the :lol:
But stayed for the :x

doc holiday

Post by doc holiday » Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:49 pm

besides, we didn't always have all these cushy/expensive brews... many of which would have been considered shit a couple of hundred years ago (cloudy was tossed)... when i started drinking (as a teenager) all the beer tasted horrible (micro brew? whats that?)... when it comes to all these shitty pilsners (aka "domestics"), by about half way through the second one it starts mattering less and less with each sip.

Actually IPA was created to survive the voyage from England to India, hence india pale ale.

The hoppy bitterness went well with the spicy cuisine and IPA was born, beer has been better ever since.

knotkranky

Post by knotkranky » Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:53 pm

wiki - The company has historically claimed its flagship beer was renamed Pabst Blue Ribbon following its win as "America’s Best" at the World's Columbian Exposition in Chicago in 1893.
Geez, still riding high on the big win i guess.

And beer was consumed as the best replacement for water way back in the day. Drinking water use to be really nasty and risky. The fermentation process killed pathogens and bacteria.

docprosper

Post by docprosper » Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:56 pm

doc holiday wrote:

besides, we didn't always have all these cushy/expensive brews... many of which would have been considered shit a couple of hundred years ago (cloudy was tossed)... when i started drinking (as a teenager) all the beer tasted horrible (micro brew? whats that?)... when it comes to all these shitty pilsners (aka "domestics"), by about half way through the second one it starts mattering less and less with each sip.

Actually IPA was created to survive the voyage from England to India, hence india pale ale.

The hoppy bitterness went well with the spicy cuisine and IPA was born, beer has been better ever since.
This. H2O, you are never wrong, except when you are ;) Might I suggest a Dogfish Head 90min IPA to change your mind?!?

Funk N. Furter wrote:Post properly.
Ableton Live Suite | M4L | Powerbook | Launchpad | APC40 | Faderfox | 2x1200 | Xone:96 | ...
---> http://soundcloud.com/kilcraft

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:44 pm

I HATED IPA's when I first moved to Seattle. Coming from Chicago where everything was Miller Lite, the craft beers out here were just too hoppy for me to enjoy at all. I once heard someone say it tasted like a skunk shit out a pine cone, and that's pretty accurate. But like anything, you eventually find a good one and that starts to change your mind, and before you know it you're used to it. :)

I like most IPAs now, but there's still some times I just don't want a 90 IBU 9% ABV beer too. Luckily lots of light and cheap beers that are actually good. New Belgium's Shift, Two Beers ISA, etc.

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:52 pm

docprosper wrote:Might I suggest a Dogfish Head 90min IPA to change your mind?!?
you can suggest one, especially if you're buying. i happen to like Dogfish a lot.

i think there is a misquote above. it's LSZ that doesn't like IPA... i drink them weekly, and sometimes daily. Redhook has a deal going at the convenience store by my pad; 2 for $4 for 22 oz. bottled brews... so lately i've been drinking a fair bit of Redhook IPA. :)

i think my favorite IPA is New Belgium's Ranger - on tap... it's divine.

simmerdown

Post by simmerdown » Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:15 pm

sockwater, bilgewater, dishwater

6th one tastes pretty good though!

knotkranky

Post by knotkranky » Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:23 pm

Love beer, can't have beer, but if I was to have one, a simple Stella would slay me right now...

stringtapper

Post by stringtapper » Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:43 am

Unsound Designer

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:12 pm

The irony being....IPAs are the absolute TRENDIEST fucking beer ever.

FACT.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I came for the :lol:
But stayed for the :x

dietarypacifist

Post by dietarypacifist » Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:25 am

you guys do realize that there are more types of beer out there than just IPA right? lol.

and just to set the record straight, PBR taste a whole lot better when you learn to enjoy it through a smug "i can afford better than this but its trendy to look broke" hipster additude while wearing toobigforyourface "vintage" glasses, skinny jeans, and overpriced canvas shoes. :mrgreen: