Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
footsy

Re: Bullying

Post by footsy » Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:07 pm

bartend7 wrote:so the chart you posted is a DFD chart right?

all the 'external entities" should be in rectangles not circles. Also some arrows should point back to the external entities, since bullies rely on feedback to keep up their bullying. And we need some nouns under those lines to tell us what data is being processed. in this situation a DFD may not be the best chart. I would like to see this in an REA diagram is possible

if you want to post charts,, then post them right.
SOmeone is an engineer major.xD
"A Positive mind is the Key to success" - Tydi

TomViolenz

Post by TomViolenz » Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:25 pm

footsy wrote:
TomViolenz wrote:
footsy wrote:NOOOOoooooooooo not this again.

Teach kids how to deal with bullying, not telling them not to bully. My 2 cents......
Are you serious?! While I certainly agree that it is important to teach your kids what to do when they are bullied, I violently disagree about not teaching them not to bully them selves. It would be a VERY disappointing day for me if I would see MY children bully someone else!
You know how in 'Finding Nemo' When he says, "Nemo, Don't you dare touch that boat" and what does he do?? He touches the boat.

Kids are little immature fuckers, they don't randomly say, "I'm gonna be a mature person and just ignore this person" Nooooo they pay more attention to the bully and feed off his negative energy which in turn will make them feed of negative energy. Hense the endless loop of bullying, if you tell the child, not to bully they will be like... fuck you. if you teach the child how to deal with the bully the endless bully cycle will end because he'll realize what will happen if you're a dick.

"If you give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. If you teach a man to fish, he will eat for life."

That or you give everyone a gun with unlimited ammo. everyone wont be a dick to each other and natural selection will filter out the idiots and cunts.
That's not my experience. Some kids were bullies when I was a kid, some weren't, so if it is so inevitable and logical to become a bully, how did those other kids avoid it?
High chances are that they had parents who cared enough that their children will be part of a solution and not add to the problem (well any problem really).
What kind of people will your children be? You decide!

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:39 pm

funken wrote:Anyway, now he pops up on a thread about bullying, to start going on about that thread, saying I ignored someone who had studied geology. I simply asked who is the mystery geologist, and pointed out that I had too had studied it.
he knows you studied it, because you made reference to it in the other thread... he isn't going on about that thread. he is making a point with an example. you have decided to make the other thread the [new] focal point (aka a segue)... and he is implying that you are doing this to avoid dealing with the actual point he was trying to make... which is clearly derailed.

i really don't want to get involved, but my girlfriend does this thing that you are being accused of doing... i fukin hate it, in fact i'm going through it this morning... so i can understand what MW is trying to say. what i have found though... is that the more words one uses, the more they are cherry picked and new sideline arguments/distractions are created. it's an almost endless and mostly painful cycle.
funken wrote:In fact he extrapolates the point you are arguing against by mentioning you, and some mythical debate in which I argued with you about music theory (he doesn't say who was correct), and even further in arguing that he must be an expert on addiction because he has not drank for 15 years. Of course he ignores the fact that I was quoting one of the most famous addiction experts in the world.
i remember the debate with stringtapper so it either happened or MW and i both have the same overly creative memory stigma.

i think quitting drinking and continuing to not drink for a span of time as lengthy as 15 years does give him some credit in the name of overcoming the inclination to drink. just my opinion though. probably not worth the copper that 2 cents would cost.

*shrugs*

why am i typing right now? :|

docprosper

Post by docprosper » Fri Mar 22, 2013 6:50 pm

Machinesworking wrote:you ignored people who had studied evolution in universities
One problem here Funken is you don't always seem to read people's posts well or sufficiently before responding. I think MW was talking about me - I alluded to the fact that I had, indeed, taken a college-level course on evolution in the other thread. I never called myself an expert on evolution, let alone one on geology. Neither did Machinesworking. You're ratcheting up the rhetoric, IMO.
Funk N. Furter wrote:Post properly.
Ableton Live Suite | M4L | Powerbook | Launchpad | APC40 | Faderfox | 2x1200 | Xone:96 | ...
---> http://soundcloud.com/kilcraft

docprosper

Post by docprosper » Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:23 pm

funken wrote:I can only go off what he said, which was that I had ignored people who had studied geology at universities. Off the top of my head I can't remember what you wrote that I then ignored.
MW wrote:Seriously, I've been sober almost 15 years, you ignored or belittled anything I contributed to your sobriety thread, you've argued with stringtapper about music theory when he's a teacher on the subject, you ignored people who had studied evolution in universities in a thread about that..... but yeah, everyone else is being a bully.
...and I rest my case. Geology ? Evolution. Are you really reading any of these posts?!?
Ableton Live Suite | M4L | Powerbook | Launchpad | APC40 | Faderfox | 2x1200 | Xone:96 | ...

andydes

Post by andydes » Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:12 pm

Yay! Can we recap all the arguments we've had here?

It's very important that everyone knows who's been the most right and most wrong.

docprosper

Post by docprosper » Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:22 pm

funken wrote:Ok so you said evolution not geology. And it was me that was trying to explain the purly biological aspect of evolution, and it was this that machines couldn't understand.

But as he rightly pointed out, the overall process we generally call evolution involves natural selection. This is mostly down to environment. The study of palaeo-environment of course is a major chunk of the subject of geology. This is where paleontologists come in and biologists stay at home. You can't understand the overall process of evolution in the meaning generally attributed to it, which machines was using,and which I would like to return, having defined it from a biological point of view, without paleoclimate, without geology. Geology is the driving force of paleoclimate and vice versa.

So, tell me about your course. What were your favourite fossils? No, don't say the professors.
Nice try, I have no interest in talking evolution with you here; it will only turn into you demanding that I listen to you, the honorable teacher, followed by numerous links to wiki pages. My point had to do with your trouble actually reading other peoples' threads, followed by your tendency to dodge other posters' points. And so the pattern continues...

andydes

Post by andydes » Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:37 pm

funken wrote:
andydes wrote:Yay! Can we recap all the arguments we've had here?

It's very important that everyone knows who's been the most right and most wrong.
Recap? We're re-running them! In an endless dialectical spiral of funken wisdom!
Not endless. This time, we determine once and for all the forum winner.

They should be the only person allowed to post, so their wisdom is not polluted by discussion or opinion.

docprosper

Post by docprosper » Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:42 pm

andydes wrote:
funken wrote:

Recap? We're re-running them! In an endless dialectical spiral of funken wisdom!
Not endless. This time, we determine once and for all the forum winner.

They should be the only person allowed to post, so their wisdom is not polluted by discussion or opinion.
here here, a bully idea!

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:59 pm

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:50 am

Well, funken has proposed not so subtly that he's been bullied.
When people explained that it's incessant need to be in a position of authority, lack of respect for others opinions, and desire to be the teacher in every situation that rubs people the wrong way he's proceeded to attempt to change the subject to older debates said people had with him. Because nothing says you've been bullied like bringing up older threads and attempting to put people in "their place".

docprosper

Post by docprosper » Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:09 am

Funken wrote:
Machinesworking wrote: Well, funken has proposed not so subtly that he's been bullied.
I never actually said I'd been bullied. People just assumed that. Can't think why.
Funken wrote:
TomViolenz wrote: Regarding Funken:
I do agree that you were bullied (or mobbed as they say nowadays) in your last threads (I found it quite disgusting to be honest), but this thread is seriously LAME.
It may be lame, that's just the way it has to be. Anyway, I do appreciate your support and honesty.
:roll:

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Sat Mar 23, 2013 8:15 pm

funken wrote: I never actually said I'd been bullied. People just assumed that. Can't think why.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Machinesworking wrote:
funken wrote: When people explained that it's incessant need to be in a position of authority, lack of respect for others opinions, and desire to be the teacher in every situation that rubs people the wrong way he's proceeded to attempt to change the subject to older debates said people had with him. Because nothing says you've been bullied like bringing up older threads and attempting to put people in "their place".
Only you said that. I did bring up the Nazi thread because that was when you started trying to have a go at me all the time. I just tried to assert the historical facts.

But you brought up 3 old threads just now, so I dunno why you are saying this.

You brought up the Nazi thread many times, both in PMs and in threads. I dunno why, I proved your statement (that the Nazis won the election fair and square) to be wrong. It is historical fact. But you never tried to to argue historical details, you brought it up to make attacks on my personal character and mannerisms. Clearly you cannot handle the idea of being wrong. Might I make a suggestion then. Don't argue with me.
PM wise, you've PM'd me dozens of times, let's be clear here, you've initiated the PMs, and I've explained all the same reasons why you have problems getting along on this forum privately to you as well as publicly. This is ridiculous really, you complain all the time about having literally dozens of people on this forum that post about what a jerk you are, and ANY time someone like myself makes an attempt to explain to you why this might be happening you attempt to make it into some sort of battle about a subject you feel you "won"... Here's a clue, you didn't win any argument, you don't win many actually, people just get sick of attempting to communicate with you about a subject.

You're not comfortable admitting that your lack of social skills is your main problem here, but you're comfortable arguing details of a topic, and swamping an issue with your take on it until the other person realizes they aren't going to ever get through to you. The elections that brought the nazis into power is a great example, my point wasn't that the nazis won "fair and square", but that the people of that time voted them in, and it would in my opinion have happened whether or not the communists and the social democrats were united or divided like they were. Money flowing into the nazi election machine, the backing of the owning class etc. in my opinion was a far larger reason for their victory than the division in the left. <-- Those are historical details, which you ignored of course. You disagree, great, I think both points are valid, there are rational well thought out reasons for both opinions, but you as always don't just disagree, you attempt to completely undermine everything I post and come back with gems like the above hollow victory smarm.

Look at this thread, just like the rest a whole slew of people have come on and pointed out that you show a marked lack of respect for other peoples opinions, and your response is to brag about how you're only being picked on because you "won" some argument. I'm not a kind or gentle person when I have an opinion, I've gotten into long drawn out debates on this forum, but I don't get the kind of negative attention you do because I'm aggressive in my opinions but not rude.

The evidence stands, you can't deny that you attract a lot of negative attention. Some people with similarly controversial opinions do not. With that in mind you have to ask yourself why you do? Again it's because the only thing you're going to comment on this post about will in all likelihood be the debate about the elections, because looking at your own actions that might possibly have caused you to be singled out again and again seems to be impossible. You think I'm attacking you, which is funny, because I'm actually trying to be helpful.

nathannn

Post by nathannn » Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:13 am

:idea:
Last edited by nathannn on Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Push / Novation Launch Pad / Novation Launch Pad Pro / Novation Launch Key
/ Launch Control XL / Machine MkII / Machine Studio / BeatStep / Livid OhmRGB / Livid Code V2 / Apc 40 MKII

no computers or synths

20 Copies of Ableton Live Lite.